Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1762

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

blahman is offline blah blah blah blah blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave20042004 View Post
    Would appreciate a TCD649080 image that has not been reset to guided setup. Please PM me or respond here with link.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    Go over to TCF to the "need an image, don't PM me" thread, and search my name, that model number, dropbox, etc.
    unitron, aren't those at guided setup already? I don't have a TCD649* so couldn't check but the link is: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...25#post9160125

Quote Originally Posted by blahman View Post
    unitron, aren't those at guided setup already? I don't have a TCD649* so couldn't check but the link is: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...25#post9160125
    I read too fast, see my edit of previous post.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

blahman is offline blah blah blah blah blah.
    It's cool, I had the link handy so wanted to be sure as I posted it. Been doing a lot of link checking lately for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by blahman View Post
    It's cool, I had the link handy so wanted to be sure as I posted it. Been doing a lot of link checking lately for various reasons.
    So you definitely need an image that doesn't start out in GS?

You understand that means it'll start out complaining about being in a TiVo with a different TSN from the one of which it has a record (error 51), and that means clear and delete everything before you can proceed, if I'm not mistaken, which means it'll go to GS once it finishes C&DE.

So you definitely need an image that doesn't start out in GS?
    Yes that is correct. I plan to run 51Killer immediately.... takes care of the issues you mention quite well.

Alternatively, if someone knows how to revert back to the UI after mistakenly selecting "Repeat Guided setup" that would also be helpful.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Activity on forum is light. Need hardware help? I can supply preprogrammed proms: $10: 12 sold as of 8/2015. Email if interested. Don't check PM's very often any more.

Yes that is correct. I plan to run 51Killer immediately.... takes care of the issues you mention quite well.

Alternatively, if someone knows how to revert back to the UI after mistakenly selecting "Repeat Guided setup" that would also be helpful.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

I think GS is kind of like the mafia, once in, you can't back out.

Didn't know you could run 51killer on standalones, but if I ever needed it I didn't know that I did.

Like I said, it'll be a few days before I can open up one of my S2 DTs and start juggling hard drives, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I think GS is kind of like the mafia, once in, you can't back out.

Didn't know you could run 51killer on standalones, but if I ever needed it I didn't know that I did.

Like I said, it'll be a few days before I can open up one of my S2 DTs and start juggling hard drives, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.
    Good analogy. No rush on the image but I do really appreciate it.

I've used 51killer on SA 240's and the SA TiVoHD and have never had a problem until today. For some reason, for the TiVoHD anyway, you completely lose the "Music Photos and Showcases" line from the UI after running 51killer. As a result, can't import with Movieloader. Other than that, all seems well enough. Stuck with using FXP transfers. I'm going to post a question tomorrow after I search some.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Activity on forum is light. Need hardware help? I can supply preprogrammed proms: $10: 12 sold as of 8/2015. Email if interested. Don't check PM's very often any more.

Stupid question time.

You get an image from some other guy's TiVo that has his zip code and his channel line-up and his blah, blah, blah, and you put it on your TiVo in a different zip code with a different cable company and you have entirely different tastes so his thumb ratings are useless as well, why wouldn't you go through GS again, and why wouldn't you want the motherboard's TSN to match the one on the hard drive, and what does 51Killer actually gain for you?

Not stupid at all. ...but I don't have a good answer for you.... you've said it all in your signature.... ...and I'm just grateful for the smart guy's that hang around this forum and reply to my posts....like you!
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave20042004; 01-06-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: smiley

Off topic area for this question, but 51Killer allows you to move a hacked drive to a similar model tivo, and still be able to playback the videos. When restoring a backup image from another box, 51Killer is often a preferred "short form" to remedy the "Error 51" rather than a Full Clear and Delete Everything.

Need image for TCD652160, please. THX.

Does anyone know where I might find an image for a tcd230040 ?

Need an image for a Series 2 DT TCD649080. As my drive died. Thanks

To use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/649_gset.bak

To use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/649_gset.tbk

Both will start you out in Guided Setup.

Good analogy. No rush on the image but I do really appreciate it.

I've used 51killer on SA 240's and the SA TiVoHD and have never had a problem until today. For some reason, for the TiVoHD anyway, you completely lose the "Music Photos and Showcases" line from the UI after running 51killer. As a result, can't import with Movieloader. Other than that, all seems well enough. Stuck with using FXP transfers. I'm going to post a question tomorrow after I search some.

Thanks,
    Dave
    It's still going to be several days before I can take a 649 out of service and backup an image that has my zip code and such and not the info of whoever I bought the machine from to begin with, but I will eventually get it done for you.