Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1762

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    ......I will eventually get it done for you.
    Please, no rush....and thanks for remembering.
    Dave
    Activity on forum is light. Need hardware help? I can supply preprogrammed proms: $10: 12 sold as of 8/2015. Email if interested. Don't check PM's very often any more.

Thanks for the image. I am having a problem with the following error. "Error writing Media Inode 1". Would this have to do with the file for something else? Been searching without much luck as to what to do next. Using Winmfs with a WD 120GB drive.

Greetings, everyone. Its been a long time since Ive been around here. What better reason than some image begging.

I have a friend with a dead TCD652160. I thought I would do the neighborly thing and help him get it back up and running.

Can anyone assist with an image?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tivomanct View Post
    Thanks for the image. I am having a problem with the following error. "Error writing Media Inode 1". Would this have to do with the file for something else? Been searching without much luck as to what to do next. Using Winmfs with a WD 120GB drive.
    I'm guessing that 120GB WD is not exactly brand new.

Have you run the WD diagnostic long test on it?

You can get an .iso image of a bootable cd with the diagnostic program on it from the WD site, or you can also find it on the Ulitimate Boot CD, an .iso of which you can download free as well.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirak View Post
    Greetings, everyone. Its been a long time since Ive been around here. What better reason than some image begging.

I have a friend with a dead TCD652160. I thought I would do the neighborly thing and help him get it back up and running.

Can anyone assist with an image?

Thanks!
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...614#post316614

Thanks. I didn't think to search the forum as these weren't posted in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirak View Post
    Thanks. I didn't think to search the forum as these weren't posted in the old days.

TiVoCommunityForums (tivocommunity.com) also has an image begging thread with the confusing title of "Need an image? Don't PM me".

Shocked that the Bott would allow such a thing. It just seems far too useful to be allowed on TCF.

I don't think Bott is involved anymore. The new owners seem more relaxed. What I'd like to know is what sort of special dispensation dvrupgrade.com has for selling TiVo images.
    Steve

Can someone direct me to an S2 RCA DVR80 DTivo (or similar that will work) 6.4a image? I have a backup image but its a 6.2. Or the slices to upgrade?
    thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bbsux; 02-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbsux View Post
    Can someone direct me to an S2 RCA DVR80 DTivo (or similar that will work) 6.4a image? I have a backup image but its a 6.2. Or the slices to upgrade?
    thanks in advance!
    I am currently sharing the 6.4a slices on bittorrent; they will be available for at least the next two days. The torrent and instructions are in an earlier post of mine on this thread.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I'm looking for the "Mr. Broflovski" TivoHD image (link). Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by kfcrary View Post
    I'm looking for the "Mr. Broflovski" TivoHD image (link). Can anyone help me?
    Is there a reason you need that specific image?

Is it just to allow you to use a particular size drive?

You can use a regular TivoHD image with JFMS (and use a 2T drive). I used to have the hybrid image on my PC, I'm not sure if I still have it. Drop me a PM if you want to go that route and I'll look and see if I still have it. I've never used the image. I have no idea if the image is good.

unitron--That image lets you use a 2T drive. You can use winMFS and only need the new drive connected to your computer. I assume that's the reason for not wanting to us JFMS
    Last edited by newbie; 03-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    You can use a regular TivoHD image with JFMS (and use a 2T drive). I used to have the hybrid image on my PC, I'm not sure if I still have it. Drop me a PM if you want to go that route and I'll look and see if I still have it. I've never used the image. I have no idea if the image is good.

unitron--That image lets you use a 2T drive. You can use winMFS and only need the new drive connected to your computer. I assume that's the reason for not wanting to us JFMS
    If you're running 11.0k, you can use a 2TB in a 648 or a 652 and just copy the stock drive straight to it with WinMFS (although my personal preference is up the swap size to 1024MB while I'm at it), and wind up with partition 15 being a 1.6TB MFS Media partition and it works fine.

And WinMFS eats Apple Free partitions for breakfast without a single burp.