Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1762

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by nraygun View Post
    Looking for an image for A Tivo 649 80gb. Anyone got one?

For use with the MFS Live cd, v1.4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/649cGS.bak

For use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/649cGS.tbk

With either, if restoring to a drive larger than 80GB, do not do the expansion as part of the restore.

(just take my word for it)

With MFS Live, that means do not use the

-x

option

(might as well skip -z as well and just go with -pi)

and with WinMFS when it says restoration is complete, tells you that you have extra space, and asks if you want to expand, tell it "NO".

Then check the drive with

mfsinfo

and make sure everything looks okay.

Then you can expand with

mfsadd
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nraygun View Post
    Looking for an image for A Tivo 649 80gb. Anyone got one?
    Nothing against this place, just thought I'd mention

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?

in case you didn't know about it.

TCD24008A image needed

I have an old TCD24008A with lifetime sub I am trying to resurrect. Please provide image if anyone would be so kind. I believe I had a backup, but 6 moves later, I just can't seem to find it. I have a 4.02b image which seems to be doing me little good. doesnt seem to load the program data. I have a series 2 fifth gen box (software ver 5.3x) that I was able to dial in and get going so I know my line is good. Thanks to anyone still alive in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by techpet View Post
    I have an old TCD24008A with lifetime sub I am trying to resurrect. Please provide image if anyone would be so kind. I believe I had a backup, but 6 moves later, I just can't seem to find it. I have a 4.02b image which seems to be doing me little good. doesnt seem to load the program data. I have a series 2 fifth gen box (software ver 5.3x) that I was able to dial in and get going so I know my line is good. Thanks to anyone still alive in this thread
    What size hard drive, in both GB and LBA, are you planning to use?

Do you need the one for use with the MFS Live cd, or with WinMFS?

Do you know about TCF? (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?)

TCD648250b any images for an old series 3 ? hd finally died

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer32 View Post
    TCD648250b any images for an old series 3 ? hd finally died

This one is for use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../648_11mGS.bak

This one is for use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../648_11mGS.tbk

With either, if using a drive larger than 250GB, do the image restoration, either without

-x

in the MFS Live

restore

option string

(might as well skip

-z

as well, and just use

-pi

)

or declining the offer to expand if using WinMFS.

Then, after checking the drive with

mfsinfo

if everything seems okay,

do the expansion as a separate step with

mfsadd

thanks for the quick reply. im new at this so not sure what all those switches do. can i use the jmfs-rev104 boot disk for this ? is that the same as MFS Live 1.4 ?

one other thing if we can do this with the Winmfs ? im running it on windows 7, right clicked on winmfs run as administrator, and drive letters do not show up on the left side ?

one other thing if we can do this with the Winmfs ? im running it on windows 7, right clicked on winmfs run as administrator, and drive letters do not show up on the left side ?
    jmfs does not restore images, and won't be of any use to you on your 648. It's designed to "Xerox" healthy Premiere drives to bigger drives, and then expand into the extra space through some partition wrangling voodoo. There were changes made to the Series 3 platform when the later S3s, the 652 and 658 were designed, on their way to the Series 4s, that let jmfs work with them as well as far as copying a healthy drive to a bigger one and expanding, but not on the original S3, the 648, which is what you have. And even if it did, you don't have a healthy 648 drive to "Xerox".

WinMFS doesn't show drive letters the way a file manager would, because if they have a letter assigned, they've been formatted for Windows, and generally those aren't the drive to which one is getting ready to write a TiVo image.

With WinMFS you click on File, then Select Drive.

Somewhere in there is a checkbox to "show mounted drives".

If it has a drive letter assigned, then Windows considers it a mounted drive.

Ordinarily WinMFS does not show mounted drives to keep you from accidentally screwing them up.

If your intended target drive is one that was previously used for file storage on a PC, WinMFS will overwrite the stuff on there--which means you need to be really sure you've selected the correct drive or you could lose a whole drive's worth of files.

I'm pretty sure WinMFS is configured not to touch the boot drive, the one with Windows on it, but just to be on the safe side, assume that it will, *if you select the wrong drive*.

So be sure to select the correct one.

After you select the correct target drive, you'll be given the opportunity to select the .tbk file to use. Then WinMFS will show you mounted drives, because it's assumed that the .tbk file is on one of them somewhere.

Remember, when it offers to expand, say no.

(because sometimes when you say yes, things go wrong and you have to start all over again)

Then check the drive, which will still be the one "selected", with

mfsinfo

which will be under one of those things on the top left.

On the partition map you'll see at the end of the drive an Apple Free partition, which will be the size by which the target drive exceeds 250GB.

Wherever you found

mfsinfo

is probably where you'll find

mfsadd

and after you check the drive with

mfsinfo

and everything looks okay, close it and then click on

mfsadd

and that'll turn that Apple Free partition into a 3rd MFS pair, which you can see by clicking on

mfsinfo

again after you run

mfsadd.

You can find a lot more brains to pick than just mine at

which is not to slight this place, but TCF is a little more "newbie friendly", whereas DDB is more "hardcore TiVo hacker".

Its Alive!! thank you Unitron for the help. To finish the story, i found a S3 on ebay a few years back when i was looking for a network card. I bought that other tivo unit just to get the card. Its been siting in its box since then. When my primary S3 went out this week i figured i would just get the software image off of it. after using the jmfs-rev104 boot cd to copy that drive onto a new drive to try and restore a working image. well it did not work , tivo booted to the welcome screen loop. so thats when i got on here looking for a working image. Quick question, will 648_11mGS tbk work for this extra s3 i have in a box ? its TCD652160
    THANKS AGAIN

Its Alive!! thank you Unitron for the help. To finish the story, i found a S3 on ebay a few years back when i was looking for a network card. I bought that other tivo unit just to get the card. Its been siting in its box since then. When my primary S3 went out this week i figured i would just get the software image off of it. after using the jmfs-rev104 boot cd to copy that drive onto a new drive to try and restore a working image. well it did not work , tivo booted to the welcome screen loop. so thats when i got on here looking for a working image. Quick question, will 648_11mGS tbk work for this extra s3 i have in a box ? its TCD652160
    THANKS AGAIN
    For a 652 you need a 652 image

For use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/652m.bak

For use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/652m.tbk

However, if you were a frequenter of TiVo Community Forums,

you'd have seen the recent news that, about the same time as the new TiVo Bolt hit the market, TiVo has quit activating non-subscribed Series1, 2, and 3 models, so anything older than a Premiere that doesn't have a subscription at the moment apparently never will.

Lifetimed units will contimnue to be lifetimed, but those currently on a month to month or annual sub, who knows?

However

Well i thought i was clear on this issue.... The S3 with life time is up and running. The guide works, the channels work. pause\rewind work. But it will not record any thing. i ve seen a message that says "there is a hard ware problem , re-start the Tivo. after two restarts it still does not record. even pushing the record now on the remote pops up the menu to record episode. but it does not. any thoughts ? the hard drive i used was a sea gate Baracuda 500 gig. replacing the wd 160 gig. thanks

Well i thought i was clear on this issue.... The S3 with life time is up and running. The guide works, the channels work. pause\rewind work. But it will not record any thing. i ve seen a message that says "there is a hard ware problem , re-start the Tivo. after two restarts it still does not record. even pushing the record now on the remote pops up the menu to record episode. but it does not. any thoughts ? the hard drive i used was a sea gate Baracuda 500 gig. replacing the wd 160 gig. thanks
    If the original drive was a 160, then we must be talking about a 652, and I assume you used the image to which I provided a link.

That image came from a 652, but that 652 has a different TiVo Service Number than your TiVo does, because every TiVo has a unique TSN.

You have to "marry" that image on your replacement hard drive with your motherboard, because when you first put my image on your drive, it didn't have the right TSN for your motherboard. Sometimes you'll get an "error 51" message about this.

It should fix itself, by "green screening" for an hour or so, but since it doesn't seem to have done that, you'll need to re-run Guided Setup, unless you already ran it when you first started up the TiVo with the replacement drive in it.

i miss spoke above, I used the image 648_11.tbk on the 648 tivo. when it turned on i ran the guided setup. thats the one in question here. the guide works, and the pause , rewind work. the hard drive that came out of it was wd250 gig. the drive i put in was the seagate baracuda 500 gig and used the 648 image on it.
    so how do we marry the drive to the mother board ? is that the reason it will not record? both season pass and pushing the record now do not work. thanks again for helping on this.

i miss spoke above, I used the image 648_11.tbk on the 648 tivo. when it turned on i ran the guided setup. thats the one in question here. the guide works, and the pause , rewind work. the hard drive that came out of it was wd250 gig. the drive i put in was the seagate baracuda 500 gig and used the 648 image on it.
    so how do we marry the drive to the mother board ? is that the reason it will not record? both season pass and pushing the record now do not work. thanks again for helping on this.

Did you use 648_11mGS.tbk?

On the back of the TiVo, above where the power cord plugs in, there's a sticker.

On the sticker will be the TiVo Service Number in the form

648-0001-xxxx-xxxx

or maybe

648-0011-xxxx-xxxx

where the "x"s are either numerals between 0 and 9 or letters between A and F.

Write it down.

Then hit the TiVo button on the remote to go to TiVo Central, then go down to Messages & Settings, then go to Account & System Information, then go to System Information.

Write down the Software Version, in full.

Write down the TiVo Service Number you see on the screen, whether it matches the one from the sticker or not.

and if it's all zeros or something else indicating that the TSN is unknown, write that down.

Write down the TiVo Account Status

Write down the TiVo Service Level

Post all of that here.