Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by kadiir
    and snowman...

Look at PlainBill's post about 10 posts back from yours if you're looking for 4.01b.

kad
    Thanks, but I want a known virgin build to work with.

25xtreme eMule?

someone please share a complete copy of tivo_25xtreme on emule. EVERYONE is stuck with 83% and all missing the same part. I am looking got the t60 25xtreme.
    Send me a PM if u can help me out another way
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB
    I am looking for the latest 4.x image that will work on a SD-DVR40. Thanks!

scott.bursik@pbsg.com
    You will need to modify it using uma6fix (search), but look at my post a page back where I posted a bittorrent for an virgin image I am seeding.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by yetdog
    And I plan on reading more. I didn't realize those two hacks were illegal to redist. Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing that out to me. Are you aware of anywhere that has a clean 4.0x image then? THanks!

Matt
    Look at my post a page back...

Quote Originally Posted by yetdog
    And I plan on reading more. I didn't realize those two hacks were illegal to redist. Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing that out to me. Are you aware of anywhere that has a clean 4.0x image then? THanks!

Matt
    You have a lot of learning to do. It isn't that hard though, so I am sure you can do it.

I would start by learning how to disable the hacks causing you problems. Your TiVo acting nuts on startus is because of a couple of hacks that emulate the remote control. It expects you to leave the TiVo alone for several minutes after a boot. It is locking up and refusing remote input because one of the hacks is tickling the event bug. 4.x would fix that last one.

If it is prehacked, you should be able to telnet into the unit (if it is plugged into a network, if not, get a USB adapter and plug it in). Look in the files in /etc/rc.d/ to find the hacks as they are started. This will most likely be rc.sysinit.author.

I don't want to go into more detail, but someone may. I would start with a generic Linux reference such as those found here: http://www.tldp.org/

Until you can do this, stick with regular tivo's. You buy Instant Cake for your unit and restore an unhacked image.

compwiz312,

Thanks for the post. I'll give it a shot tonight.

ScottB

Scott, if you have a problem getting it, let me know. I've got it and may very well be installing it tonight. If all else fails, I can burn you a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    Thanks, but I want a known virgin build to work with.
    My TCD24008A 4.01b image (made after copying it to another disk & running CD&E) will be hosted after I rebuild the box its on (hopefully, this weekend).

(it's ~400MB, though)

kad
    1 RCA DVR80 (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)
    1 Samsung SIR-4080R (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)

Quote Originally Posted by newyguy
    someone please share a complete copy of tivo_25xtreme on emule. EVERYONE is stuck with 83% and all missing the same part. I am looking got the t60 25xtreme.
    Send me a PM if u can help me out another way
    Thanks
    It should be showing up on ed2k (using Shazaa), but I'll double-check when I get home.

kad
    1 RCA DVR80 (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)
    1 Samsung SIR-4080R (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)

eMule?

thanks kadiir can i use eMule or do i have to get shareaza?

ed2k link

sorry for the double post but can u provide the ed2k link thanks

3.1.0c2 image for DSR6000

After months of searching and begging I still have not been able to find the 3.1.0c2 slices but I was just able to get an image from a DSR6000 that is at 3.1.0c2 and I'm sharing it on emule. The file name is "Tivo Image DSR6000_3.1.0c2.mfs" .

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz312
    Using ADH's method of building the MFS from scratch and using Alphawolf's 4.0.1b slices, I've generated a 4.0.1b image that is under 70MB. I want the opinion of the higherups to know if this is something I should release. I would like to use bittorrent if possible to release it. Seems like it would be easier to distribute than some of the other images being distrubted.

It wouldn't be hard to run it on a DTivo and do a C&DE so that it would be compatible with non-RID units (and RID units if the downloader installs uma6fix...)

Let me know if this is something that would be beneficial to the community...

EDIT: See below post for torrent.
    well, now that there are enough copies floating around that dl speeds are something reasonable...

would this be a bad time to mention you left your serial number in the image?

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    well, now that there are enough copies floating around that dl speeds are something reasonable...

would this be a bad time to mention you left your serial number in the image?
    Yup.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

where can i find a 4.0 image for a hdvr2 ??