Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

I'd like to add my beg for a 3.1.5 kernel. I would really like to get lba48 support on a dtivo series 2, and this seems a lot simplier than doing monte games with a 4.x kernel.

Yes, a 3.1.5 kernel would be ideal. Would they work on RID units?

If anyone is so inclined to log onto undernet so I can finish my T60 25Xtreme image download I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Looking for 4.0.1b image for DTV Hughes S2

I wish they hadn't made everyone take down their image FTP sites...

Anyway, I just hacked my DTV with Sleeper and can't get it to work with Linksys USB200M...

[Feel free to PM me with the answer, of course.]
    Last edited by edmiller; 09-02-2004 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding request for PM

Looking Image for Directv Tivo HDVR2

I am looking for the 4.0.1b-01-2-xxx or 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx image for a Hughes HDVR2. Please PM me if you can help me out.

Thanks,

DIDS

4..0.1b iso image needed

Looked on edonkey, usenet, P2p- only found .mls ver. Is there an iso? If not how to get it on cd- I have tried Nero and a direct burn, and even as a 9660.
    And yes- I have searched.

If there is a iso, could anyone help out an eager to start newbie? I can host a ftp site if that makes it easy for anyone.

If the .mls is the best way to go- how to get it onto a cd so that it will be read and installed in linux?

Thanks for any help(Yes, I have tried searches and I have been reading for the last week-just stuck.)
    Last edited by toratora; 09-03-2004 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toratora
    Looked on edonkey, usenet, P2p- only found .mls ver. Is there an iso? If not how to get it on cd- I have tried Nero and a direct burn, and even as a 9660.
    And yes- I have searched.

If there is a iso, could anyone help out an eager to start newbie? I can host a ftp site if that makes it easy for anyone.

If the .mls is the best way to go- how to get it onto a cd so that it will be read and installed in linux?

Thanks for any help(Yes, I have tried searches and I have been reading for the last week-just stuck.)
    Ok, it's Friday. You REALLY should do some reading. Stating this as nicely as possible, you don't have a clue as to what you want to do. There is no possible need for an iso image. The file you downloaded is a mfs image file, not an mls file. That is MFS, as in MFS Tools.

Copy the file to a FAT32 hard drive and use MFS Tools to restore it to a drive to use in your Tivo. The drive must be at least as large as the drive the image came from.
    Do NOT use your original TiVO drive; it probably isn't large enough.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thanks.

I know it is a dumb question-maybe so dumb that there was not a answer to even search for. Just know that I have been reading- maybe I am that dumb...

My confusion came from(not blaming- just explaining) the sticky guide that was posted on how to put 4.0.1 on a HDVR2. The instructions stated that you were to make 2 cd's- one to boot, one with the Tivo image. As I am using this information to get me started, I guess I never realized that putting it on a HD would work just as well. Actually, it make much more sense to me. I am guessing that you need to expand the image once on the drive.

I have been in other groups, and realize how old it gets to see the same tired questions. I am trying to learn about this- and very much appreciate your time to help and stop making me look so stupid. I will try your suggestions this weekend.

Looking for Directv Tivo HDVR2 Image

I am looking for the 4.0.1b-01-2-xxx or 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx image to use on a HDVR2. I have been searching on eDonkey the last fews days and have not found it yet. If someone could PM me about where to get it. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

DIDS

dsr6000 25xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    There are sites that host the 2.5Xtreme images but the links can't be posted here without violating forum rules.
    can you please point me in the right direction, thank you in advance.

A few other things to note when making backups:
    1: It is possible to back up an image after you've done the clear/delete all. Makes it nice as, after you load it and install, it immediately boots and clears everything.
    2: It's also possible to back up a fully loaded/monte'd disk, then CDE (clear/delete all) after you've restored it to a different Tivo. I just did that with 3, made a master out of one, backed it up, restored to the other 2, CDE, then they're fully loaded.

But, I haven't tried a fully loaded CDE backup (should work though).

Doc

T60 25Xtreme image

I'm in search of a SAT-T60 25Xtreme image. I've setup a ftp site. Please email or pm me for site address. Thanks, chips4s

i need a clean image for my philips hdr212...the HDD crashed, no backup.
    thank you!

SAT-T60Xtreme2.5

Sorry I lost site of the thread title. I'm supposed to beg so now I am. I'm a Sony Sat-t60 newbie who would really like to run Xtreme2.5 on my Tivo. I've also hooked up with 2 other newbies who I've agreed to share with, so if you help me out you're actually helping 3 T60 newbies get on their feet. I'm looking for the T60Xtreme2.5 iso image.

I have an ftp site address for quick upload or I can use EDonkey2K. Please help me get stated. PM me for my ftp site address or if you have an image you can open up in your ED2K shared folder. Thanks in advance, chips4s

3.1.5 kernel

There's been a lot of begging for a 3.1.5 kernel here. Has anyone found one? Please PM me if you're willing to share. If you've begged and haven't found one, I'd also be interested in hearing about your search.