Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by w2kr
    There's been a lot of begging for a 3.1.5 kernel here. Has anyone found one? Please PM me if you're willing to share. If you've begged and haven't found one, I'd also be interested in hearing about your search.
    w2kr,

I have not found a 3.1.5 kernel, but I have built one from the sources which are available at tivo.com. I currently do not have anyway to test this kernel. I had two problems during the build which I was able to work around. An explanation of the problems that I had can be found in the following post:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...9&postcount=71

If you are really bored and just into pain, I would be happy to send you this kernel if you would like to test it. Just let me know.

Dave

I'm also in need of a 4.01b-02-xxx image.
    thanks, in advance, for any help!!!

Allen S

There's been a lot of begging for a 3.1.5 kernel here. Has anyone found one? Please PM me if you're willing to share. If you've begged and haven't found one, I'd also be interested in hearing about your search.
    I don't need the kernel, I need the image. From some of the questions I've had answered by other members and elsewhere, it appears that a 3.1.5 kernel will not work with a 3.1.0/1 software image (the one that comes with/is upgraded to with the DSR704 - I have this model as well dave4089 [see http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=71]).

I've been able to compile 3.1.5 from the tivo.com sources with no issues, however if it doesn't work with 3.1.1 images it is of no use to me. That's why I was begging for a 3.1.5 "image."

I want to try to get the prism54 USB driver working with the 3.1.5 kernel so that we can start using 802.11g cards. I have the standard prism54 kernel module building against some slightly patched 3.1.5 and 4.0 kernel sources, however the USB portion of this driver is still under development and only for the 2.6 kernel (and also doesn't fully work yet).

The standard module only works for PCMCIA NICs (last time I checked my Tivo didn't have a PCMCIA slot ). I'm working on a backport of the USB code to 2.4, however it's slow going because I've never written a Linux device driver. I'm looking at drivers/usb/pegasus.c for inspiration, but it's going to be a while before I can get something that actually works

Quote Originally Posted by djflux
    it appears that a 3.1.5 kernel will not work with a 3.1.0/1 software image
    Does anyone know this for sure or has anyone tried it?

Dave

The reason I want a built kernel for 3.1.5 from the HD-TiVo is that I want to run killhdinitrd on it and have it be the primary kernel that's booted. Only the original Hughes kernel will be signed correctly to use with killhdinitrd. That way I don't have to mess with monte'ing a LBA48 kernel.

If we just distribute the kernel and/or root filesystems, I don't think we're doing anything unethical or illegal. We're dealing with GPL only code. Of course this argument doesn't hold true if you consider an "image" to also include TiVos proprietary code. That's why I've refrained from asking for an image. I just want a kernel and the corresponding drivers etc. to put on my DSR704. If the 3.1.0 modules/drivers are compatible with the 3.1.5 kernel, shouldn't the kernel be all we need?

If the 3.1.0 modules/drivers are compatible with the 3.1.5 kernel, shouldn't the kernel be all we need?
    If the Tivo kernels are like other standard Linux kernels, then the 3.1.0 (Linux kernel 2.4.4) modules will not load into the 3.1.5 (Linux 2.4.20) kernel because of MODVERSIONS. When the kernel modules are compiled and the CONFIG_MODVERSIONS option is set, the modules are tagged for a specific kernel version and modprobe/insmod will complain that the modules were compiled for another kernel version and will not load. Therefore we'd need the proprietary modules from 3.1.5 anyway.
    Last edited by djflux; 09-06-2004 at 04:46 PM.

Pioneer DVR-810H image needed please!!!

I'm looking for a Pioneer DVR-810H image which is known to be expandable. I have been gone for awhile but just ordered mine and want to be prepared.

Thanks!!!!!
    TiVos:
    Three soon-to-be-hacked 'virgin' TiVoHDs. Gotta get back into the swing here first. (11/2009)

I'm looking for an image for a Tivo Series 2 stand alone. I was doing some work on my upgraded drive and messed some things up, so I decided I would restore from the original. Wouldn't you know it, my original drive is dead. Grr! I can provide an upload location or can download it. I'm desperate, so whatever will work best for you!

InstantCakeHD

Looking for PTVUpgrades, InstantCakeHD software. According to their webpage, copying is allowed. See the following from their webpage at http://www.ptvupgrade.com/support/instantcake/

InstantCake software is released and distributed under the GNU General Public License, you are free to copy, modify and redistribute it in accordance with the GPL.

Has anyone found a link to purchase this CD. I'd be willing to buy it if I could figure out how to on their web pages.

25xtreme for DSR6000

I'm in need of 25xtreme for a DSR6000. I'm willing to download it using whatever method suits you best.

Thanks in advance!

3.1.5 image

I'm looking for a 3.1.5 image, if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz312
    I'm looking for a 3.1.5 image, if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
    Justin
    same here

I'm also looking for a 4.01a kernel if anyone has one let me know I don't need the whole backup. just the kernel will do.

rc3105 didn't seem to think it would be a problem to post kernels on this board. Can anyone else confirm that? if so it would be great if someone could post a 4.01a kernel
    Last edited by Fletch319; 09-09-2004 at 11:40 AM.

need 3.1.1c kernel unmodified

for use in the killhdinitrd/monte experiment. FTP can be made available.
    Last edited by ljvk61; 11-30-2004 at 04:58 PM.
    DSR708 - LBA28 - 3.1.1e -30ss, backdoors, NoCSO, NoPPV
    DSR708 - LBA48 - 6.2 - 30ss, backdoors, NoCSO, NoPPV, MRV/HMO not enabled yet

HR10-250 Image needed.

After screwing around, being distracted on my 4th attempt to get my 2nd drive going, I accidently used the original drive.

Please...can someone point me to an image.

Thanks,
    Last edited by PiZmAn; 09-10-2004 at 11:45 AM.

I have one of the first series 2 units, the 'AT&T Broadband ones'. Does this use a standard series 2 image?

I upgraded the units years ago -- it's long out of warranty. The HD finally died and I need to get it running again. I suppose I don't care about the version so much as long as it gets it working and then the tivo will update itself. Thanks for any pointers to an image.

jon