Page 56 of 115 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by boylan View Post
    Anyone have any luck with finding any locations for 6.3 yet?
    Nope.

HUGE

In due time / 6.3s will be available. I dont even have the slices yet and it appears many are in the same boat.

tcs 540040

Looking for the above image to restore my HD.

I have been at weeknees.com but without original image it doesn't mean squat.

If I can mount mac OSX 86.image from command prompt onto another partition using dd.exe and get OSX to boot up onto my PC I'm sure I can mount a tivo image. I'm just tired of reading string after string. I apologize if there is a string on "where to get images" in a sticky, but I'm just frustrated. Willing to exchange for any type of software. I just need 48 hours notice on software and a ftp address to upload to.

Thanks so much,

lifetime subscription holder with a HDTV.......(LOL) customer service actually told me s video carries true HDTV......lol

Thumbs down

Oh, i look forward to a 6.3 image very soon since according to the other forum it has been halted due to issues some of the less used satelites up there in the set up screen.

Series 3 Virgin Image

Series 3 Virgin Image available! PM for Torrent link...

6.3 kernel image anyone?

I've only had my HR10-250 for a couple of weeks and decided to wait for the 6.3 image before upgrading/hacking it. Thrice-daily calls since Thursday and I still don't have the coveted "Pending Restart" status. I guess DirecTV doesn't love me.

Would someone with 6.3 and network access send me with a copy of their kernel partition so I can poke around? I'm curious as to how it differs from the 2.4.20 from my hacked 6.2 boxes.

Just do a

% dd if=/hdaX of=/var/vmlinux.6.3.px # X = your boot partition

PM me and I'll send you an FTP drop location and some good karma.

Thanks,

TomVo

Quote Originally Posted by TomVo View Post
    Would someone with 6.3 and network access send me with a copy of their kernel partition so I can poke around? I'm curious as to how it differs from the 2.4.20 from my hacked 6.2 boxes.

Just do a

% dd if=/hdaX of=/var/vmlinux.6.3.px # X = your boot partition

PM me and I'll send you an FTP drop location and some good karma.

Thanks,

TomVo
    Probably not going to tell you anything, since if they've got network access they're not using the stock kernel -- instead, either the same 3.1.5 kernel you're using on 6.2, or the 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel you can get on the PTVUpgrade $5 enhanced LBA-48 boot CD.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Hi, most of my tivos are hacked dtivos but I have one stand alone and it tcd24004a series 2. I would like to mess with. I wanted to back up a virgin image before hacking it. I tried to force a call to update it but I get a "failed while preparing data" message. I tryed to kickstart it, No luck. So now I begging for an image for my tcd24004a series 2 standalone tivo.

Looking for a clean image for the SA Dual Tuner Tivo (and the single-tuner one, if it's different)?

Thanks!
    Tivo since '99, DirecTV since '96, Comcast since '06, FiOS TV '07!

3 x S2 DT
    2 x S3 w/ 2xCCs and 1.5TB each
    2 x TivoHD w/ 2xCCs and 1TB each

Sony Black Pearl on 110" Stewart FHG3

Quote Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post
    Looking for a clean image for the SA Dual Tuner Tivo (and the single-tuner one, if it's different)?

Thanks!
    Single tuner is likely different -- which model single-tuner is it?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    Probably not going to tell you anything, since if they've got network access they're not using the stock kernel -- instead, either the same 3.1.5 kernel you're using on 6.2, or the 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel you can get on the PTVUpgrade $5 enhanced LBA-48 boot CD.
    It's more an idle curiosity than anything else. Earlier in this thread bcc states that he poked around in the vmlinux-px file and determined that 6.3 ships with a 2.4.20 kernel compiled with a "different" gcc than the 3.0 used for 6.2. I've heard rumors that people with network access on their 6.3 machines are reporting kernel-version sensitive applications (e.g. ps, top) from 6.2 don't run on 6.3. That would indicate that the kernel isn't the same version as the 6.2 kernel (or that they copied the wrong binaries, or that the binaries are linked against an incompatible version of glibc, or...).

I just figured if I had some spare time I could disassemble the 6.3 kernel and maybe look for the instruction sequences that killhdinitrc patches in the 6.2 kernel. Who knows, I might even learn something in the process.

No biggie,

TomVo

You're missing my point. If they have network access, then it's almost certain that their boot kernel is NOT the 6.3 kernel.

The 6.3 kernel (like the 7.x kernels) appears to have been compiled with gcc 3.3.4, whereas the 3.1.5 kernel we always used on 6.2 was compiled with gcc 3.0.

Killhdinitrd doesn't work on the 6.2 kernel. I recommend reading through the killhdinitrd support thread or taking a look at the source -- it's quite instructive.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

My HR10-250 HD crashed before I got around to hacking it, thus I do not have a backup. Anyone have a clean backup that they would be willing to post?

Thanks!

Gxcebot

Looking for an image for the GXCEBOT, a Series 1 DTivo.
    PM if you can help,

Thanks

6.2 image for hdvr2

Looking for a 6.2 image for HDVR2 Series 2 DTivo. Thx