Thread: Internal Error: 4 - Sleeper's Revenge?

35 Internal Error: 4

I've attempted to hack my SA S2 using Sleeper's .iso 'tivoscript v1.02.'
    I have v4.01 software.

Whenever I try and record a live show, the Tivo acts like it is recording the show, however, nothing shows up in the "Now Playing" and the recording history shows the show failed to record because of "Internal Error:4."

I've patched tivoapp with:

printf "\x24\x02\x00\x01" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp.scrambled bs=1 seek=08300072

I have tried both with and without the following kmem line in the rc.sysinit.author:

kmem 800bf958 00001021

The /var/log/tverr file contains the following:

(none):/var/log$ cat tverr
    Feb 3 06:50:21 (none) TvCryptoManager[132]: Invalid encryption key
    Feb 3 06:50:38 (none) TvCryptoManager[148]: Invalid encryption key
    Feb 3 06:51:12 (none) Recorder[165]: 0x9000a returned from PerformPendingLiveCacheConversion
    Feb 3 06:51:12 (none) Recorder[165]: Failed to convert live cache, err=0x9000a
    Feb 3 06:51:12 (none) mediamgr[165]: ClrRedLED called when the LED was not lit!
    Feb 3 06:52:09 (none) Recorder[165]: No live cache action found in ConvertLiveCache

So it appears to be some encryption related problem. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by LazLong; 02-05-2004 at 06:04 AM.

Based on the title of your post Iwill not help you and doubt that sleeper or anybody else will.

I will say this, its YOUR fault.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Pissed

I've posted about this twice in the thread pertaining to Sleeper's .iso, and been totally ignored. I'm disgusted at the poor attitude displayed in that thread towards 'n00b's.' Especially on Sleeper's part. That is the reason for the subject line.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    Based on the title of your post Iwill not help you and doubt that sleeper or anybody else will.

I will say this, its YOUR fault.

You are too funny!!!

You insult the person who assembled a free tool that anyone can use to at least mostly hack their tivo with monte. Then you whine when you don't get help and you think you are ignored?

Perhaps you are not providing enough details about the problem so that no one can figure out exactly what you did wrong so they just don't answer to tell you that you might need to read more.

One thing you would be smart to do would be comment or remove kmem and undo the tivoapp patch you applied.

There is a better method for dealing with scrambling then that and if you read you will find it. In the mean time you would at least be able to record and watch scrambled recordings.

you deserve what you have gotten...

back off a bit, and perhaps someone MAY find the time to respond... with an additude you won't get too far here.

if you have problems it's probably something YOU did wrong. As these hacks have been run by MANY without a problem; with that said, perhaps you might want to approach the issue from a different stand point... like

" I'm not sure what I did wrong, I thought I followed the instructions, but this is what I did ; and this is what happened..... has anyone seen this, or can some one help?"

"Not hey, look what somebody did to screw up my TiVo on purpose - additude!"
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

two things I see:

1) printf = bad
    2) you are using an obsolete hack

that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by LazLong
    I've attempted to hack my SA S2 using Sleeper's .iso 'tivoscript v1.02.'
    I have v4.01 software.

Whenever I try and record a live show, the Tivo acts like it is recording the show, however, nothing shows up in the "Now Playing" and the recording history shows the show failed to record because of "Internal Error:4."

I've patched tivoapp with:

printf "\x24\x02\x00\x01" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp.scrambled bs=1 seek=08300072

I have tried both with and without the following kmem line in the rc.sysinit.author:

kmem 800bf958 00001021

The /var/log/tverr file contains the following:

(none):/var/log$ cat tverr
    Feb 3 06:50:21 (none) TvCryptoManager[132]: Invalid encryption key
    Feb 3 06:50:38 (none) TvCryptoManager[148]: Invalid encryption key
    Feb 3 06:51:12 (none) Recorder[165]: 0x9000a returned from PerformPendingLiveCacheConversion
    Feb 3 06:51:12 (none) Recorder[165]: Failed to convert live cache, err=0x9000a
    Feb 3 06:51:12 (none) mediamgr[165]: ClrRedLED called when the LED was not lit!
    Feb 3 06:52:09 (none) Recorder[165]: No live cache action found in ConvertLiveCache

So it appears to be some encryption related problem. Anyone have any ideas?
    Before PMing me: Im not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

I believe Sleepers ISO is for Direct Tivos not Stand alones.

Quote Originally Posted by ilkevinli
    I believe Sleepers ISO is for Direct Tivos not Stand alones.

Nope. It's for both.

I believe that sleeper's scripts are for both. They also have appeared to successfully monte'd your drive (did you say thanks?), if you have issues with the automatic (read: I didn't have to do any of the work myself) hack installation. Perhaps you would like to redo the scripts, but stop at the monte stage, and then apply all your own hacks yourself.

Split

DSR6000 - 3.1 - 120gb
    HDVR2 - Just for hacking

Already tried that tack, and it didn't work....

OK, I admit I posted when I was pissed, and that was stupid. But, I got that way (pissed, not stupid ;-) AFTER having already done all that YOU suggested, and getting zero response. I posted twice with full, complete details in the format requested by Sleeper, and was totally blown off. I then pm'd him, and was again blown off.

So, no, I don't believe I deserve what I have gotten....

I DO appreciate the pointer that the tivoapp patch I am using is NOT AlphaWolf's, contrary to what I was told...

I think I need to go unknot my panties.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi8
    you deserve what you have gotten...

back off a bit, and perhaps someone MAY find the time to respond... with an additude you won't get too far here.

if you have problems it's probably something YOU did wrong. As these hacks have been run by MANY without a problem; with that said, perhaps you might want to approach the issue from a different stand point... like

" I'm not sure what I did wrong, I thought I followed the instructions, but this is what I did ; and this is what happened..... has anyone seen this, or can some one help?"

"Not hey, look what somebody did to screw up my TiVo on purpose - additude!"
    Last edited by LazLong; 02-05-2004 at 06:06 AM.

Red face I'm a ****ing moron....Or this isn't your father's SA1.

OK, I admit it, I did something stupid. I didn't clear the encryption key when moving a disk image from one SA2 to another.

I have two S2's, a 24004A and a 24008A. I've had the 8A for awhile (month), and it had already received the 4.01 upgrade. Thus, when I bought a second unit, I used the 8A to image from so I would not have to wait for the software upgrade. I thought it would save time and frustration....Boy was I wrong....It would have if I had understood the SA2's new encryption. I guess I was just applying too much SA1 experience to my new SA2's.

So, all the troubles I've had have been self-inflicted.

Thanx to AlphaWolf for setting me off on the right track!
    Last edited by LazLong; 02-07-2004 at 04:30 AM.

I would expect you to post a public aplogy to sleeper
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.