Thread: what is the deal when there are no phone lines?

what is the deal when there are no phone lines?

Folks any suggestion for a DTV setup and S1 Tivo unit in a place where no phone line is accessible ... or if it is there are no local number to call TIVO ...

Could the series one TIVO get it's information through satellite when/if it's connected to the sat receiver via low data transfer connection on sat receiver, and serial connection on TIVO??? IS that connection even possible???

Thanks for your help....
    "All things are difficult before they are easy" Thomas Fuller M.D.

Quote Originally Posted by EBI
    Folks any suggestion for a DTV setup and S1 Tivo unit in a place where no phone line is accessible ... or if it is there are no local number to call TIVO ...

Could the series one TIVO get it's information through satellite when/if it's connected to the sat receiver via low data transfer connection on sat receiver, and serial connection on TIVO??? IS that connection even possible???

Thanks for your help....
    you can set up PPP over serial, or get an airnet/turbonet/tivonet/cachecard. in any event, you can download the program data from them over ethernet...in 3.x software the functionality is built in. search for ",#401"
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by EBI

Thanks for your help....
    I think the DTV (don't know about S1 but pretty sure about S2) gets its guide data over the satellite. I would say put in the fixsub script and you won't need phone line.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    I think the DTV (don't know about S1 but pretty sure about S2) gets its guide data over the satellite. I would say put in the fixsub script and you won't need phone line.
    all dtivos get their guide data from dtv
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids