Thread: tmf / ty+ tivoweb extraction module:

Hybrid View

tmf / ty+ tivoweb extraction module:

here's a basic tivoweb module for extracting recordings as tmf or ty (ty+ actually). produces the same tmf/ty+ as mfs_ftp so they're insertable.

platform independant tcl - works on 2.x/3.x/4.x/5.x s1/s2 - just need the appropriate s1/s2 binaries (mfs_stream & mfs_tarstream, available in the mfs_ftp threads) in tivoweb-tcl/bin_ppc or tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips

edit: this requires TivoWebPlus rc4 or later
    Last edited by rc3105; 02-23-2004 at 02:30 AM.

ooooooh, ei-de-die-de-die-de-die.. (yes I watch too much who'se line)

if you allready have mfs_ftp installed you can just create symlinks to the mfs_stream & mfs_tarstream binaries

ln -s /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_stream /tivoweb-tcl/bin_xxx/mfs_stream

ln -s /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_tarstream /tivoweb-tcl/bin_xxx/mfs_tarstream

otherwise you'll need to install them to the correct location

tivoweb is NOT multithreaded, it'll be totally unresponsive during extraction

if you have d7o's direcshow installed on your pc you'll need to right-click save-as to save tyfiles

this module tested with IE & getright
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rc3105; 02-18-2004 at 02:47 AM.

Extract Notes

The readme says to put extract.itcl into tivoweb-tcl, but I think it goes in modules.

When I click on the name, it downloads a 1 kb .tmf file. When I click on ty, it opens media player (because I have TyShow installed) and then media player crashes.

This is on a T60 running Extreme 2.5.2.

Riley's TivoWeb Plus Extract module

I get the same problem as described below. Any ideas?

Also I don't have the mfs_stream and mfs_tar_stream modules mentioned as I have a series 1 and I think they are series 2 only?

Copied from the TivoWeb Plus thread:

Extract Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The readme says to put extract.itcl into tivoweb-tcl, but I think it goes in modules.

When I click on the name, it downloads a 1 kb .tmf file. When I click on ty, it opens media player (because I have TyShow installed) and then media player crashes.

if you dont have the necessary binaries in the right places, of course it wont work. how is this a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by mbriody
    I get the same problem as described below. Any ideas?

Also I don't have the mfs_stream and mfs_tar_stream modules mentioned as I have a series 1 and I think they are series 2 only?

Copied from the TivoWeb Plus thread:

Extract Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

necessary binaries

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    if you dont have the necessary binaries in the right places, of course it wont work. how is this a surprise
    "platform independant tcl - works on 2.x/3.x/4.x/5.x s1/s2 - just need the appropriate s1/s2 binaries (mfs_stream & mfs_tarstream, available in the mfs_ftp threads) in tivoweb-tcl/bin_ppc or tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips"

Just thought this information should be in this thread, as its not in the readme.

Edit: Posted before riley's edit in post #2.
    Last edited by tiivohoe; 02-07-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    HR10-250 250m,3.1.5f,eth,ftpd,tivowebplus,fakecall,endpadplus

What tiivohoe said - just download the correct mfs_ftp executables and put them in your bin_ppc directory. The module works like a charm - and lets me export thru my authenticating proxy (avoiding opening non secured ports thru the firewall...).

I have the TyShow filters installed, so I simply choose "Save to disk" when I click on the link, and it'll save the file. In my experience, I don't get the same performance over my LAN as I do with mfs_ftp, and TiVoWebPlus is completely unresponsive during a download, but neither of those are terribly surprising.

Only getting partial files.

The module is working great for .ty files on half hour recordings but I'm only getting partial files (about 40 min) on one hour recordings.
    HR10-250 250m,3.1.5f,eth,ftpd,tivowebplus,fakecall,endpadplus

replace your tzoffset.tcl with this one: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=320

it didn't work. different error though. [this doesn't affect anything but I changed the mfs_ftp folder to use the underscore since that's the folder in /var as well. I edited the path in the author file to match.]

fam_room-TiVo# /mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
    fam_room-TiVo#
    fam_room-TiVo# couldn't execute "/mfs_ftp/tzoffset.tcl": no such file or directo
    ry
    while executing
    "exec $info(path)/tzoffset.tcl 2>/dev/null"
    (procedure "get_tzoffset" line 10)
    invoked from within
    "get_tzoffset"
    (procedure "init_procs" line 7)
    invoked from within
    "init_procs"
    (file "/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)

fam_room-TiVo#

Now, I did a little more digging and found that the tzoffset.txt file didn't exist and the tzoffset.tcl for some reason didn't want to create it, so in another post someone put the contents of theirs which came from a unit very similar to mine. I created the file and now mfs_ftp does run.

Further tweaking I had to do was in the extract_mfs_ftp.itcl file. I had to use detail level 9.
    Last edited by shredhead; 12-08-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Can't Get Extract Working

I am running a hacked HR10-250, rev 3.1.5f. The unit is running TWP 2.0. I installed the extract module from this site (the one that does NOT require the full mfs_ftp install, but just the mfs_stream and mfs_tarstream binaries.)

I placed the S2 binaries in the /bin-mips directory in Tivoweb, and installed the module in the /modules directory of Tivoweb. I then restarted tivoweb. The module shows up as expected, and it seems to generate the program list just fine. But when I try to download any of the files, I get the following:

PHP Code:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    serve_tmf '{Make Way for Noddy}{Noddy's Clothes on the Loose}{SPRT}{275423}.tmf' '0' '0'
    invalid command name "serve_tmf"
    --cut here-- 
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Inter Alia View Post
    I am running a hacked HR10-250, rev 3.1.5f. The unit is running TWP 2.0. I installed the extract module from this site (the one that does NOT require the full mfs_ftp install, but just the mfs_stream and mfs_tarstream binaries.)

I placed the S2 binaries in the /bin-mips directory in Tivoweb, and installed the module in the /modules directory of Tivoweb. I then restarted tivoweb. The module shows up as expected, and it seems to generate the program list just fine. But when I try to download any of the files, I get the following:

PHP Code:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    serve_tmf '{Make Way for Noddy}{Noddy's Clothes on the Loose}{SPRT}{275423}.tmf' '0' '0'
    invalid command name "serve_tmf"
    --cut here-- 
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

I'm getting the same thing. I'm busilly (sp?) looking for any mention of the "serve_tmf" command.

Same problem

I've got the same problem; i.e.,

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    serve_ty '{Dora the Explorer}{The Chocolate Tree}{NOG}{2086792}.ty' '0' '0'
    invalid command name "serve_ty"
    --cut here--

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

nevermind.
    Last edited by ciper; 02-24-2007 at 03:58 AM.