Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tmf / ty+ tivoweb extraction module:

Same here (Except Hdvr2 running 3.1) , If I telnet in and mount -o remount,rw / it works fine. Is the a reason / is ro , or should it be rw.

Quote Originally Posted by LazLong
    S2 SA, 4.0.1b, Sleeper'd (monte'd), TivoWebPlus 1.0-rc5

I have the module installed, and the mips binaries in the bin_mips dir.

I can download tmf's, but when I click on the link for ty's, all the resulting file contains is:

<PRE><B>INTERNAL SERVER ERROR</B>
    --cut here--
    serve_ty '{My Big Fat Obnoxious Fianc}{}{KTVU}{141425}.ty' '0' '0'
    couldn't write file "stderr": read-only file system
    --cut here--
    </PRE>
    <BR></BODY></HTML>

Anyone have any ideas?

And please, no comments on the above referenced show. ;-) I was just doing a test....

Root is supposed to be read-only

Quote Originally Posted by Waymond Trimmer
    Same here (Except Hdvr2 running 3.1) , If I telnet in and mount -o remount,rw / it works fine. Is the a reason / is ro , or should it be rw.

Tivo has the root partition set up as read-only. This is probably to help prevent filesystem corruption if the Tivo crashes, is improperly power-cycled, etc. w/o a chance for the filesystem to be sync'd.

Quote Originally Posted by LazLong
    Tivo has the root partition set up as read-only. This is probably to help prevent filesystem corruption if the Tivo crashes, is improperly power-cycled, etc. w/o a chance for the filesystem to be sync'd.
    So why is the extraction module trying to write stderr to the root directory, do we have something set up incorrectly.

my turn

riley's original module set to work with tivoweb 1.9.4

assumes the required binaries are in /var/mfs_ftp

it is more of a hack than clean code.

I like this module, because it is easier for me to forward http than ftp on non-standard ports.

the idea for using the working mfs_ftp install goes to stealth dave
    and I stole everything else from Riley.
    Attached Files Attached Files

7 views, no comments?

can any1 tell me if it works on series2 (SA and DTV) and SA1 DTivos?

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave
    Sanderton, are you running TiVoWeb 1.9.4 or TiVoWebPlus? Also, when you click on the "Info" page from tivoweb, does it give your ip address? I ripped the code directly from that module, so it should work if TivoWeb is reporting your ip. If not, I'd like to find something that will work everywhere. The whole point for this module is simplicity. The more drag-and-drop friendly it is, the better.

Thanks,
    - Stealth Dave

"Remote Address" is blank in Info.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Exclamation

Oops! In my haste to post the new module, I forgot to include the instructions! :O

There are two lines that may need editing:

- set mfs_ftp_url to the address of your tivo. For example, 192.168.1.100. Include the port number for mfs_ftp
    - set mfs_ftp_name_detail to the name_detail that you have mfs_ftp set to. The default is 5 for mfs_ftp (I believe that my file is set to 6)

That should set things up correctly.

- Stealth Dave
    Deleted, I'm Slow tonight
    Last edited by Bitz69; 05-08-2004 at 11:44 PM.

Cant get modules to show up

I copied the extract modules to the modules directory, did a full restart of Tivo, checked the tivoweb log and it is not loading the extract.itcl module. Any thing Im missing? I did a full Tivo reboot just to see if that was it but nothing. I changed the grp/userid of the file to match the other modules as well.. no luck.

Running The March version of TivowebPlus.

Thanks.

Jim

Downloading a .ty bombs, while the .tmf for the same show works fine:

--cut here--
    serve_ty '{The Fugitive}{}{MAX}{296832}.ty' '0' '0'
    couldn't write file "stderr": no such file or directory
    --cut here--

can't get past the 512MB barrier

I installed this module and I can't get it to download past 512MB? Can anyone post their S2 binaries that work with this because mine sure don't? Thanks for the help, and btw, why does this happen?

saltydog4791

So to recap, if you're using a default installation of mfs_ftp, all you should need to do is drop the file into the modules folder and do a "quick reload". If you've got a custom mfs_ftp setup, be sure to match the name detail or the downloads won't work!

- Stealth Dave
    My location is default folder for mfs_ftp -- it is under /var

All my recorded shows are listed in tivoweb+ when I press extract but I get the following no matter what type of file I ask for

ftp://1:3105/tmf/%7BOne%20Tree%20Hil...%7BNY11%7D.tmf

then if I add my ip correctly to the front end of the FTP string - I get a screen on IE that says:

FTP directory /asx/%7BDawson's%20Creek%7D%7B1999-01-27%7D%7BUncharted%20Waters%7D%7B10.00%20AM%20Wed%20Aug%2025,%202004%7D%7BTBS%7D.asx at 192.168.0.22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Up to higher level directory

01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory tmf
    01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory ty
    01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory ty+
    01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory xml
    01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory txt
    01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory bat
    01/01/1972 12:00AM Directory asx
    05/31/2004 07:00PM 0 phoenix.txt
    05/31/2004 07:00PM 0 shutdown.txt

If I press up tp higher directory or say directory of asx -- IE closes the FTP session saying an error occured opening that folder.

And yes I used hack manager to run mfs_ftp -- How do I troubleshoot this?

Michael M

total_size tcl long?

I have been playing around with logging total_size in the tcl extract script and file sizes above 4GB (2^32) overflow total_size and go into negative/small/wrong size output which doesn't do well in netscape and IE downloads. Is there any way to make a long int (64 bit int) in tcl or "roll your own" long somehow (not tcl expert - c guy sorry :-) )? Whereas 4GB sounds huge, it is less than a 2 hour movie on high quality. This must be an issue with other modules of tcl/tivoweb as well. I was able to get total by getting the 512MB part files as a tweak work around, but that is a pain (11 separate downloads to get one movie).

This may be causing your 512MB file size problem. I played around with lynx with linux where total_size didn't seem to matter, but I am running into 2GB OS file size limits for linux. FAT32 seems to have a 4GB file size limit and NTFS goes higher (not sure of limit). The OS file size limit is a different but similar problem to the tcl int size problem (on 32 bit machines, 2^32=4GB). When are we going to finally go to 64 bit machines in the mainstream...... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by saltydog4791
    I installed this module and I can't get it to download past 512MB? Can anyone post their S2 binaries that work with this because mine sure don't? Thanks for the help, and btw, why does this happen?

saltydog4791
    Mine also craps out at 512 mb...

Is there a way to set the script to auto-start the mfs_ftp server? Or do I have to do it by bash every time?

HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by HUGE
    Is there a way to set the script to auto-start the mfs_ftp server? Or do I have to do it by bash every time?

HUGE
    mfs_ftp is one of the things that can be started in rc.sysinit.author so it starts at boot time, or there is a TWP "Hack Manager" module that can be used to start it if you'd like to go that way. Hackman can be found here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=169844

I haven't got WMP set up for TY-playing but I did find mplayer-tivo a little easier to set up, so here is what I am using to generate .bat files in addition to the .asx files, it's a simple addon. You will of course need mplayer's vserver running in addition to mfs_ftp (init/hackman good for that too), and then your path on Windows machine needs to have mplayer's directory in it - or you could hardcode your path into the script but that seems lame.

A couple of clicks to stream a show from the Tivo is pretty cool, especially with my fancy new $20 2.1 speakers from Walmart!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ayeayeaye; 09-30-2004 at 05:19 PM.