Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r8 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

The rules for this Thread!!!

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. And there are some pretty sweet features coming in the near future. But as always it is best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

An important note!

Several of these programs require the cygwin1.dll to run. Some of the tools in the TyTool release, mpeg2enc and dvdauthor most notably, were compiled with the cygwin cross compiler. To run these require the presence of the cygwin1,.dll file. This file is huge and seems to get larger all of the time. There is no need to download a new copy of this file everytime. While it does change it is not that frequent. So please download the zip for it from here in this post or else grab it from the homepage: www.cygwin.com

Again, if you try to use the Frame Accurate Editing or DVD features of TyTool this dll is required. If you see a major popup window when trying you are missing the dll. Please unpack the DLL into the same directory as the rest of the TyTool files and executables.

EDIT: A new version of the Cygwin1.dll is now up for download. Please replace the one currently in use with this one. Feb 20, 2004.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 02-26-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Release: TyTool9r8 with DVD support...

TyTool 9r8 with DVD Support. The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it. VSplit has not been updated to match this release. Although an update for it is planned in the near future.

This version is a major upgrade from the earlier 8 series of TyTool. It adds Frame Accurate Editing (FAE) to the mix.

Please check the included docs for information about it. The release notes for 9r1 contain detailed informtion about the FAE editing process. Eventually this information will migrate into an editing document.

Highlights of the Fixes and Features in this Release:

1- Fixed the crash in GopEditor when you clicked in the cutlist listbox when there is nothing in it. It was part of the new colored rendering code. The strange thing is that I noticed it only today as I was doing more development. It would however have been present for the last umpteen releases.

2- Removed the debug test button that been left in the GopEditor GUI.

3- Added the add a Chapter features to both the GopEditor GUI and the TyTool processes.

4- Added the proposed cut point field explosion to GopEditor GUI, then I removed it. Took up way to much room for so little actual value. Still looking for some way to do this. Right now I am leaning towards a tooltip style popup.

5- Altered the GopEditor GUI to "page/tab" from one mode to the next. The 2 modes are old well established cut mode, and the new mode deals with user selected chaptering. These chapters have nothing to do with cuts other than that they must be in a section that has not been cut. As a result chaptering has nothing to do with the FAE process.

6- Made F8 the keyboard shortcut to toggle between the 2 modes (cut and chapter). Also added code for the previous menu item for Add Chapter. The remove chapter menu and code was added.

7- The new chaptering code now sets the focus properly.

8- Fixed the add cut code to only work in cut mode. Fixed the remove cut code to work in the same way.

9- Fixed the Clear list to clear the proper list. It will clear the list for which ever mode you are in. So Ctrl-R will clear the cut list if in cut mode, and the chapter list when in chapter mode.

10- Added the keyboard remove chapter option.

11- Fixed the add chapter code to only allow for only one of each chapter.

12- Fixed the up and down arrow code to work on both of the lists depending on mode.

13- Added the long requested unsaved changes popup. It will now warn with the standard system requestor if you have unsaved changes. These changes can be either cuts or chapters. You are given the option to perform the standard save and exit, not save and exit, or cancel and not exit GopEditor at all.

14- Fixed the GOP editing start & end point setting code to be only in the cut mode.

15- Actually save the chapter points into the cut file. Got all that way only to figure out I had forgotten to actually save them to the file.

16- Added parsing of these new chapter elements into the GopEditor .cut loader.

18- Fixed the menu GUI so that the "default" option on the chaptering is selected not always the cut ever X minutes option... That was just oversite on my part. The code worked correctly it just did not default the radio button to the correct entry when first entering the window.

19- Fixed the menu GUI to be fully aware of the user chaptering. There are now 3 modes available.
    i- At cut points.
    ii- At the user selected chapter points.
    iii- Every X minutes.

21- Add the requested PicKBMP button, a little [V] button in the groupbox for the load bitmap option. This does exactly the same thing as the menu does. It was designed to just make it easier to get the bitmap selected and loaded into the system. Since I was working over that part of TyTool I thought I would add it while I was in there.

Basic mode for using the new chaptering:

1- Edit and add your cuts.
    2- Either as you go through cuting, or after you are done with that, hit F8 or click the "Chap List" radio button. You will see a new empty list and new set of buttons where the editing buttons were.
    3- Move through the show using the standard navigation options. When you find a Key frame for where you want to put the chapter. Either use the menu or hit the Insert key.
    4- Repeat for as many chapters as you want.

That is it. Just save as always pick the new "Chap" option in the TyTool menu GUI and you are set.

For those that were using DVD etc... The .chp file will now contain a chp2: entry that has the correct timestamp values, i.e. not in the skewed space of the tivo. Should make move chapters over a bit easier.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 03-01-2004 at 12:33 AM.

The TyTool/Vsplit unix tools...

These aren't here yet. Just a place hold for future releases.

--jdiner

TyTool No DVD release...

There won't be any more of these. With the addition of the FAE support almost everything required for DVD output is now required for standard processing.

This being the case there is no value in adding the work and worry of a release zip that is 44k smaller than the main one. So from here on out look to the main zip for any and all downloads.

--jdiner

Alright. The new thread is up. For those that are wondering. The TyTool9r1 release is indeed an improvement over 8r8 from the previous thread.

Many changes to the operation of TyTool itself and improvements to the GopEditor gui and processing.

Also the zip now contains the TyFileSplit executable and it has been patched to work correctly with files >4gig in size. Don't remember who was having trouble with it but it should now be good to go.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 02-08-2004 at 05:51 PM.

WooHoo!

Just downloaded and started processing some .cut files I made with the first preview.

So far so good....I'll keep you posted.

(Couldn't resist first-post....maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by lsmod
    Just downloaded and started processing some .cut files I made with the first preview.

So far so good....I'll keep you posted.

(Couldn't resist first-post....maybe)
    Remember that the format changed from the first peiview to the newest code. It is to be expected that the FAE cut location is incorrect. The timestamp will be correct for the GOp itself, but the "cut here" will almost always be in the wrong location. Odds are you are going to have to redo the cut files.

--jdiner

I hope posting this info is ok with Josh.

I'd like to encourage people to show their appreciation to JDiner for this incredible application he has given us all.

If you feel moved to do so, you can PayPal a token of thanks to joshua@best.com.

cut files from 8r7

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Remember that the format changed from the first peiview to the newest code.
    --jdiner
    Just to be clear, cut files created with 8r7 will be compatible, correct?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Ruttman
    Just to be clear, cut files created with 8r7 will be compatible, correct?
    That is correct. The only ones that won't work came from preview1 and preview2. Everything from 8r7 and 8r8, and possibly 8r6 but I can't remember which one that was exactly...

But yeah. Nothing much is changing now...

--jdiner

Two suggestions Josh.

Include vsplit and all in the zip, leaving stuff out ALWAYS causes problems with new downloaders.

Name the zip file using the name of the release, ala tytool9r1.zip.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Date included in .ty filename

I was just downloading a lot of episodes of reality tv shows and they never have a second description for the episode, for these (and really all shows) it would help me if you gave an option to have the date be part of the saved filename. BTW as always, not demanding in any way, just mentioning something I think about when I use the tool.
    Last edited by malfunct; 02-08-2004 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleLamp
    Include vsplit and all in the zip, leaving stuff out ALWAYS causes problems with new downloaders.

Name the zip file using the name of the release, ala tytool9r1.zip.
    VSplit is about 5 months old at this point. It was left out because it doesn't do FAE or the new keys or.... It was worth the headache of saying a dozen times a day, "No you can't use vsplit to do that..."

It will go back in when it is caught up.

As for leaving out the cygwin1.dll library. Something had to give. And that was it.

--jdiner

Potential Problem with FAE?

Josh, Let me start with a big THANKS for the new features. I know you don't support other tools like tmpgenc and I am not complaining by any means. This is just an interesting tidbit that you might look into. (future problems?)..

If I use FAE and then try an recode using tmpgenc it will not reencode correctly. It gets right up to where the FAE is and that is the last bit of video it will process. It may be a loose nut on the keyboard but the process works fine if I don't FAE...

Here is what I am doing.
    1. Create a dvd file from the ty using tytool
    2. Grab the .vob file with tmpgenc and recode...
    Four Hacked HDVR2's,
    One Still slightly confused Hacker,
    4 dogs, 8 cats, and 1 wife that is happy as long as I don't screw up her TiVo ...... Oh yeah two grandchildren that are the light of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by tivomaster
    Josh, Let me start with a big THANKS for the new features. I know you don't support other tools like tmpgenc and I am not complaining by any means. This is just an interesting tidbit that you might look into. (future problems?)..

If I use FAE and then try an recode using tmpgenc it will not reencode correctly. It gets right up to where the FAE is and that is the last bit of video it will process. It may be a loose nut on the keyboard but the process works fine if I don't FAE...

Here is what I am doing.
    1. Create a dvd file from the ty using tytool
    2. Grab the .vob file with tmpgenc and recode...
    No. They screwed up. There is no simple way for me to fix it.

The end of a program stream in an mpeg-2 file is a specific code. They hit a closed GOP. The result of the re-encoding and stop. The only way to solve it is to force and open GOP which I really can't do give then encoder in use.

Either don't use FAE or don't use tmpgenc.

EDIT: Actually I should have dug 1 stage deeper. Looks like there is 1 other thing I might have missed. If that is the key then I just might be able to make it work.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 02-08-2004 at 07:34 PM.