Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r8 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by bobones
    Did you create a key file and make some cuts? I only see the memory going up when there's a cut file there.
    I have a 100 meg file from the UK.

I put 11 cuts in it. Some FAE, Some GOP, and some combo.

I watched the memory clearly. I was 394meg before I ran the release bin of TyTool. Once it starts up I was 394meg. Meaning about the 900k-1meg that is expected for that program just to run.

I then made the key file, edited it and was still at 397. Much of which is display information. Verified code wise that things were not leaking but were merely allocated for use. And so far everything is used. Any at the end I drop right back down. No leaks or bleeds anywhere.

However i did notice that when the FAE portion starts up I just by about 180meg. But that is serious temporary and only when the mpeg2enc program is running.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    I have a 100 meg file from the UK.

I put 11 cuts in it. Some FAE, Some GOP, and some combo.

I watched the memory clearly. I was 394meg before I ran the release bin of TyTool. Once it starts up I was 394meg. Meaning about the 900k-1meg that is expected for that program just to run.

I then made the key file, edited it and was still at 397. Much of which is display information. Verified code wise that things were not leaking but were merely allocated for use. And so far everything is used. Any at the end I drop right back down. No leaks or bleeds anywhere.

However i did notice that when the FAE portion starts up I just by about 180meg. But that is serious temporary and only when the mpeg2enc program is running.

--jdiner
    I always watch memory per-process on my box, tytool hovers at about 10k physical and 10k virtual, not much at all. mpeg2enc will grab about 90k physical more or less and nearly 200meg virtual but I sort of expect that, graphics are large pieces to deal with. It all goes away when the process ends so I don't see any leak, just the unfortunate reality of processing video. As far as system slow down I don't really notice. Maybe its just the dual processors helping me out. My swap file is on a different physical hard drive than the video files and they are on different IDE controllers, maybe that helps me out by making less of a disk bottleneck.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

I've got a stream from my dtivo where every single field is ordered wrong. From what I can tell, it's the way it arrived from DirecTV, not any fault of the tools' parsing. Watching it on my TiVo, I can actually see it play it that way for a few frames and then right itself, which indicates the TiVo's decoder is detecting and correcting for this. Other programs I've extracted not showing this problem don't exhibit this behavior on the TiVo.

If it isn't easy to detect this (I know a little about video but I wouldn't know first thing what to do with an mpeg stream, so pardon my ignorance in asking), maybe a manual option would be nice to swap the field order.

Alright. I redid a bunch of the testing and output that we were talking about earlier today.

Ok. So how to use it...

--jdiner

Thanks again...

Josh,

I just wanted to echo my comments from last week:

Thank you so much for all your work on TyTool.

With FAE I can now do the editing I needed with perfect audio sync.

In addition, your use of DVDAUTHOR has gotten me to explore that tool. I needed a bit more flexibility in the menus than TyTool allows right now, so I decided to look at DVDAUTHOR itself.

Not only can I now do the Menus I needed, but I've discovered the power of DVDAUTHOR and I'm off on another journey to learn how to use it to full effect.

My project is making DVDs of Looney Tunes cartoons from Cartoon Network and Boomerang. With the size of an individual cartoon on a DTivo, I can put 40-50 cartoons per disc.

With that many, I have wanted to be able to have separate "playlists":
    i.e. Play all Bugs Bunny cartoons on this disc or Play all Cartoons directed by Chuck Jones.

None of the affordable commercial DVD authoring tools I tried would allow you to do that without having duplicate the source MPGs on the disc, reducing the capacity.

In researching DVDAUTHOR, I found that there is the ability to do this sort of thing. I'll have to figure it out, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I don't think I would have found this if TyTool wasn't using DVDAUTHOR.

Again... thanks so much. I can finally see the light at the end of this tunner.

Ted

Neither of those should kill the output. They are reports of problems caught and handled. You have a 1 presentation unit gap in the audio. 24ms is nothing big. Then it gets back on track and continues...

The video skip is a feature of the newer versions of the S2 DTivos. Doesn't tell me which you have, not that it really matters, but you are running a newer version of 3 or Tivo OS 4 on it. It should have recovered from both of those.
    Sony SAT-T60 series 1 direct TiVo running version 3. Sorry.. knew I forgot to describe something in my post.

Try this instead to see if it works... Don't mux, go into a VOB file. Then rename the extension from .VOB to .mpeg and try playing it again. It is possible that one of the gaps messed up the mux'er. To be honest I haven't tried the mux output on a file with those problems. I just use the vob-mux output 99.9% of the time.

--jdiner
    Total failure if I do it that way. Certain parts will play for about a quarter second at a time, otherwise it just freezes. Sometimes there is audio and frozen video, sometimes nothing seeking before or after the point containing the gap.

Would it be helpful to isolate a small section containing the gap and make it available to you?

VLC can say a lot of things, but in case there's a hint here, this is what VLC has to say when playing past the failure point:

(many more above)
    main warning: PTS is out of range (3692433130), dropping buffer
    main warning: PTS is out of range (3692409178), dropping buffer
    main warning: PTS is out of range (3692385200), dropping buffer
    main warning: PTS is out of range (3692361222), dropping buffer
    main warning: PTS is out of range (3692368424), dropping buffer
    main warning: PTS is out of range (3692344455), dropping buffer
    (many more below)
    Last edited by Paul Forgey; 02-11-2004 at 12:38 AM. Reason: additional info

Path to ty file not found

I am getting an "Error! Could't open the TyFile 'C:\path to\Tytool output dir\file.ty"

This comes up when I try to goto a FAE start or end cut. Does not happen
    when I do GOP cuts.

I can eliminate the error by having the output dir set to the same dir that
    hold the ty files.

I keep all of my ty files in a dir on D drive and set the Tytool output dir to
    C drive. This worked fine with 8r3.

Read all the DOCS, don't think I missed anything...

Love the new FAE edits. Cuts without the little blips are awsome. Thanks
    for all your hard work.

Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas
    I am getting an "Error! Could't open the TyFile 'C:\path to\Tytool output dir\file.ty"

This comes up when I try to goto a FAE start or end cut. Does not happen
    when I do GOP cuts.
    FAE cuts need the .ty and .key file in the same spot. Mentioned sometime back in the last thread, and fairly easy to work around, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

File upload now commenced. Should be with Malfunct in 25 minutes.

I've only included one 50MB part stream, but the pattern is the same with larger or complete streams: vob mux works without a cut file or a cut file with no FAE cuts; however, with 1 FAE cut memory usage rapidly increases and tytool process stays at 100% CPU and vob file is never written out.

I'm convinced I'm doing something stupid, but I can't work out what. The zip contains my tytools directory, 1 50MB ty file, 1 key file, 1 cut file and a readme.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hatch
    FAE cuts need the .ty and .key file in the same spot. Mentioned sometime back in the last thread, and fairly easy to work around, but it would be nice if it was fixed.
    Its not technically broken. It just "works that way" right now. I will get around to fixing it at some point. Got left out because I wasn't sure of the best way to fix it. A "browse for file" type requestor. Or something in the key file maybe? The problem with the former is that it could get tedious, the problem with the second is that I often move things around to get enough room etc...

Hummm. Have to think about this one some more.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hatch
    Got it! Leave my setup as is, make the key file, move it to the ty file
    dir then continue the process. Not so bad.

Hummm. The more I think about it the more I think it might be best to embed the name of the ty file into the .key file. It makes a great deal of sense to me. If you move it you just have to remake the key file. Not a tedious job really. If you don't move things then all is well. But you never have to "go looking" for the file to be able to work in the first place, or perhaps I should say in the main case...

Or maybe have a search come up after the standard mechanisms fail. That might be the best.

--jdiner

Hummm. The more I think about it the more I think it might be best to embed the name of the ty file into the .key file. It makes a great deal of sense to me.
    This will also help when we have multiple recordings in a single .ty, this way we can have show1.key, show2.key and show3.key all pointing to same .ty and do a batch process for all 3 .key files instead of creating/muxing/deleting thing.

And where you are at it, how about a 'shortcut', if I press 'home' then 'delete' without 'end' then gopeditor fill the end with cut till the end of the .ty, this can save some key strokes (no need to go to end of .ty and press end key), much like now we save by just pressing 'Page Up/Down' to enter FAE.

Other good thing will be add the option to edit the cuts without the need to delete and create a new one, something like double clic the cut then start/stop information is displayed so we can select a new start or stop point.

Finally I had some time to do some testing.

I'm getting big blocks at cuts when I use GOP. My guess as before is that the ty files I'm using contain open GOPs, so if I cut something and the GOP cutted is needed for the next GOP to properly display then I get this big blocks in a couple of frames, so it make the transition not good.

If I use FAE cuts, then I don't see the big blocks. My guess is the FAE process recreate the GOP so the final GOP is a closed one, so there is no need for the next/previous GOP to display a correct video.

So if anyone is having problems like this, and don't want any strange video blocks, then use FAE in all your cuts (start and stop, well you can use GOP cuts for the first/last GOP in the ty).

Just take a look at the GOP2.jpg for the black blocks and FAE2.jpg for the 'smooth' transition.
    Last edited by bato; 02-12-2004 at 04:00 PM. Reason: zip removed (no need for it)

Did you create a key file and make some cuts? I only see the memory going up when there's a cut file there.
    Yes I did.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

File upload now commenced. Should be with Malfunct in 25 minutes.

I've only included one 50MB part stream, but the pattern is the same with larger or complete streams: vob mux works without a cut file or a cut file with no FAE cuts; however, with 1 FAE cut memory usage rapidly increases and tytool process stays at 100% CPU and vob file is never written out.

I'm convinced I'm doing something stupid, but I can't work out what. The zip contains my tytools directory, 1 50MB ty file, 1 key file, 1 cut file and a readme.txt.
    There is definitely something wrong here, with the key and cut files that bobones sent proc shoots up to 100% right away and memory use goes up to nearly 50meg physical and 50meg virtual. The bad part is that tytool never gets around to working on the muxing, it just hangs. I'll PM you info to get the file jdiner.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)