Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r8 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Remember that the format changed from the first peiview to the newest code. It is to be expected that the FAE cut location is incorrect. The timestamp will be correct for the GOp itself, but the "cut here" will almost always be in the wrong location. Odds are you are going to have to redo the cut files.

--jdiner
    Ah, thanks. I wouldn't have known that.

So I'm finally sitting down to edit and burn Max Headroom, and as I'm editing it's pretty clear that the field dominance is backward. I'll let you know if I see this in more files, but this first one it's pretty obvious. This *shouldn't* affect setting the cut point, but I wonder if the re-encoding at the cuts will look right....will advise.

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    I was just downloading a lot of episodes of reality tv shows and they never have a second description for the episode, for these (and really all shows) it would help me if you gave an option to have the date be part of the saved filename. BTW as always, not demanding in any way, just mentioning something I think about when I use the tool.
    That one is already on the todo list. As is space on either side of the - character between the show name and episode title.

--jdiner

Nevermind--answered by JDiner.
    Last edited by Toddler; 02-08-2004 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmod
    Ah, thanks. I wouldn't have known that.

So I'm finally sitting down to edit and burn Max Headroom, and as I'm editing it's pretty clear that the field dominance is backward. I'll let you know if I see this in more files, but this first one it's pretty obvious. This *shouldn't* affect setting the cut point, but I wonder if the re-encoding at the cuts will look right....will advise.
    It will look correctly because I have a butt-load of code in there for detecting correcting and using. Field dominance is important. What we have now would look like crap on everything without detecting and maintaining it.

But please, if you have one you are certain is wrong then let me know what the results are after processing.

--jdiner

Josh, how about showing the total size of all items in NowShowing, and possibly a listing of free space on the TiVo? Did that ever get added to the list, or did you reject that idea?

VSplit is about 5 months old at this point. It was left out because it doesn't do FAE or the new keys or.... It was worth the headache of saying a dozen times a day, "No you can't use vsplit to do that..."

It will go back in when it is caught up.

As for leaving out the cygwin1.dll library. Something had to give. And that was it.

--jdiner
    I knew you were splitting out cygwin. I didn't know you were de-emphasizing vsplit. I still do all my work using it in a batch file. Are you saying that's no good?
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler
    Josh, how about showing the total size of all items in NowShowing, and possibly a listing of free space on the TiVo? Did that ever get added to the list, or did you reject that idea?
    A total size of what is in the nowshowing list is possible. I have been contemplating it in general lately. The main issue with what I have on a few other things to do with getting free space from the tivo is that it is not a straight forward issue. The code in use tivoweb works on 1 of mine but not on the other than they are now the same thing. No idea what is wrong. It just hasn't be worth the headaches to try and face all that.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleLamp
    I knew you were splitting out cygwin. I didn't know you were de-emphasizing vsplit. I still do all my work using it in a batch file. Are you saying that's no good?
    No. I am not saying that... It will be back. I was busy trying to get the freaking thing to work in the first place. So I concentrated the on the tool that made that process the easiest for me. Nothing more nothing less. I left out VSplit because it had gotten so old that none of the new stuff was in there at all.

I will be catching it back up sometime soon.

--jdiner

9r1 slow to make key files

[EDIT] Oops, my bad. It just seems to start slower at the first, but picks up speed and processes in about the same time.

It seems that 9r1 is very noticably slower in making key files. Anyone else noticing this ?
    Last edited by TheSaint; 02-08-2004 at 07:56 PM. Reason: I was wrong
    TheSaint

It will look correctly because I have a butt-load of code in there for detecting correcting and using. Field dominance is important. What we have now would look like crap on everything without detecting and maintaining it.

But please, if you have one you are certain is wrong then let me know what the results are after processing.

--jdiner

OK, the fields are obviously wrong in GopEditor. Static graphics twitter up and down, motion judders, fades bounce back and forth.

I VOB-muxed the file, and it looks OK in PowerDVD, though PowerDVD goofs up the speed around FAE cuts, so it's a little hard to tell. I'll burn to a real disc tonight and let you know, I'm out of time to play right now.

Do you want to look at the original .ty? Let me know how much you want to play with.

-Z

Edit: It's ONLY in the FAE editor. Hitting F1 plays the GOP correctly.
    Last edited by lsmod; 02-08-2004 at 07:52 PM.

Love those GUI tweaks!
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

OK, the fields are obviously wrong in GopEditor. Static graphics twitter up and down, motion judders, fades bounce back and forth.

I VOB-muxed the file, and it looks OK in PowerDVD, though PowerDVD goofs up the speed around FAE cuts, so it's a little hard to tell. I'll burn to a real disc tonight and let you know, I'm out of time to play right now.

Do you want to look at the original .ty? Let me know how much you want to play with.

-Z

Run a search on it. I posted a detailed note about why at the end of the previous thread. There are reasons for everything...

--jdiner

TyTool runs well under Wine on linux

I just got a dvd burner and don't do windows. TyTool runs fine under wine [20040121 release] on linux. yay.

The specific version I tested was 8r4p1 from the "where are the files" thread, i'll try out 9r1 later today but i don't expect any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gps
    I just got a dvd burner and don't do windows. TyTool runs fine under wine [20040121 release] on linux. yay.

The specific version I tested was 8r4p1 from the "where are the files" thread, i'll try out 9r1 later today but i don't expect any problems.
    Snoopy put that in his zip? Crap. I have said over and over and over that it was junk. Only for preview purposes of the GopEditor. Crap.

--jdiner

FAE is FIELD accurate editing. Each frame of interlaced video is composed of 2 interleaved half-height fields, temporaly sequential but with different positions of view. The editing window uses line doubling to make the display seem more normal. Your observation of the appearance in the window is correct, the conclusion is dead wrong.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch