Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r8 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    Third, isn't it a bit odd that tserver can find the FSIDs in one mode, but not find them in another?
    Extremely odd. Which is what led to me to the conclusion, apparently erroneously, that it had somethind to do with the new hack people were using.

The first report would have been here in one of the TyTool threads, either this one or the one just previous to it. In ever case people were using your new method for defeating scrambling.

Anyway, several things could be extracted just fine, and 1 or more (in the very first post I think it was 3 total streams) could not be extracted. To add to the confusion those problem streams could not be extracted by mfs_ftp either, and in a few other cases it was tested with tystudio and could not be extracted with that tool either. These last are what made me think it was do to something else as the extraction mechanism in these is same. (I.e. as far as I know they are all based off Tridge's mfs_export and the newer interface module mfs_stream.)

Also, the reason he had a problem with mfs_ftp was completely unrelated to this, it was only because of a misconfigured installation. Another thing is that afaik, the majority of ddb users are using this particular tivoapp patch, and not a one has reported anything like it with mfs_ftp, nor with streaming from vserver. That said, it wouldn't be surprising that a lot of people who are reporting this bug are in fact using this patch.
    Ah. None of the information about mfs_ftp were posted here except that he had tried it and it failed.

But it also doesn't explain how we got this far, years of use with tserver, by so many and it is just now cropping up. It might be an inconsistency with newer versions of the Tivo OS but I can only guess at that. The extraction code in tserver has not change a single line in the last year+. The interface modules has but that was only about deletes. Just to be clear not a single line of the mfs based source from tridge has changed since way before tserver version 5.

However the 5 reports that I saw and kept track of all reported using the new patch. Not a single report was using the older methods. I had thought it was a problem with S2's only but the latest report came from an S1 DTivo so that is not the case.

BTW, I am interested to know, how long have you been hearing about this particular bug? And who exactly are the five that were affected by it? (just want to ask them if they tried what bfisher did) Also, I am not trying to flame or anything here, just trying to quarantine any possible FUD.
    It has been the last 5-7 weeks or so. The only reports I have seen have been here in these main TyTool threads as that is where I spend 99% of my time reading and trying to reply to people. All have reported the same problem. Some streams extract perfectly, some can be extracted in parts using the get parts option, and some FSIDs can simply never be extracted. But they can be watched on the tivo without difficulty.

Anything else I can tell you that might help?

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jbeamer
    Thanks Josh, I had actually already found that not-quite-complete logic in GetOSVersion -- but the version 3 code branch isn't working either. Apparently TimeZoneOld isn't a valid attribute either on my V4 box.

I am up and running after having hard-coded my timezone, but I am still trying to figure out where the valid attributes are so that I can write a real fix for you to publish.
    If you do find the proper timezone setting, parhaps in the tivoweb or tivowebplus sources PM me. I will get it added to the file so that it can work for everyone coming down the pipe. There are going to be more and more v4 tivoOS installations.

--jdiner

Ok. Look I just removed all of the posts about Alphawolf's sig. The key here is that it is in his sig. Whether you are agree with his beliefs or not is irrelevant. You have to follow his sig link to read it. Not off limits for use here by any means.

So let it go. Any further posts about it will be summarily removed as well.

This is not the place for that kind of a discussion.

--jdiner

Smile DD Works Great!

Josh,

Many thanks for fixing DD in tytool. Just burnt my first movie with DD and it sounds great. Also, brilliant execution of FAE. I just finished putting 8 episodes of 'The Outer Limits' together, editing out commercials and also using the add extra vob feature, and everything looks magnificent.

Excellent coding!

-thinman-

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Mux to MPEG with audio holes patched, frame serve through VirtualDub-MPEG (and possibly VFAPI if your encoder needs it.)
    I've tried loading the patched mpegs into virtualdub-mpeg. It also has problems with audio/video sync, so I'm guessing that frameserving from that would propogate the problem.

Thx tho.

-- gyre --

tivotitle

I recently installed tivotitle.tcl so that I could rename shows to include the episode info and/or description. However, when I extract these new shows with tytool, the episode info is appended to the title again when creating the filename. Not sure how many tytool users use the tivotitle hack, or a similar one, but it would be nice to have some options in the tytool client to decide how the filenames are created, e.g., append episode, append episode number, append nothing. I'm sure it would be a quick fix and would fit in with some of the other changes Josh had mentioned earlier.

Given the nature of a DTV stream. I am not sure that virtualdub will ever work right. They are completely unaware of the way in which DTV uses the RFF/TFF flags to generate the output frames. While it is not undocumented, as shown by the fact that it works in DVD players, it is uncommon and VDub appears to ignore the flags entirely.

I don't believe at present that there is a great way to do this type of thing. That is one of the reasons that I asked.

There are 2 problems. Since my goal was mux'ed output I don't try to make "perfect" audio output. It isn't needed with the mux'ing working the way that it does. This will affect anything that reads and mpeg and is stupid with assumptions about it.

The second problem is the nature of the DTV streams themselves. The repeating fields is a major issue that most software solutions are unaware of.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by del4
    I recently installed tivotitle.tcl so that I could rename shows to include the episode info and/or description. However, when I extract these new shows with tytool, the episode info is appended to the title again when creating the filename. Not sure how many tytool users use the tivotitle hack, or a similar one, but it would be nice to have some options in the tytool client to decide how the filenames are created, e.g., append episode, append episode number, append nothing. I'm sure it would be a quick fix and would fit in with some of the other changes Josh had mentioned earlier.
    TyTool has always appended the show title and the episode title together.

The solution in regards to TyTool is not to use tivotitle. If you are using it to make another solution work better or whatever, then the real choice is to make a choice on which solution to use. Either TyTool or ....

I won't be changing the TyTool code in this manner.

--jdiner

S2 v4.X SuperBlock issue

Josh

Are you ever going to be able to incorporate http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...1&postcount=53 into tserver ?

I am using musclenerds but am wondering if I am missing features due to that being old ( I try yours with each release and still get error)
    Last edited by tytyty; 02-29-2004 at 07:12 PM. Reason: oh why oh why isnt there a spellcheck feature :)
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    There are 2 problems. Since my goal was mux'ed output I don't try to make "perfect" audio output. It isn't needed with the mux'ing working the way that it does. This will affect anything that reads and mpeg and is stupid with assumptions about it.
    Forgive me for being ignorant about the inner workings of mpegs/frames/streams etc... but if you ever implemented an intelligent frameserver for tytools, would that mean that the downstream tools like tmpgenc with a vfapi plug-in would work ok, or are they still going to have problems parsing the data?

Thanks!

-- gyre --

Quote Originally Posted by gyre
    Forgive me for being ignorant about the inner workings of mpegs/frames/streams etc... but if you ever implemented an intelligent frameserver for tytools, would that mean that the downstream tools like tmpgenc with a vfapi plug-in would work ok, or are they still going to have problems parsing the data?
    A frame server looks like an uncompressed file to the application which is accessing the simulated video file. As I stated earlier, there are already ways to serve frames. Tytool is for editing uncompressed MPEG recordings from the TiVos. Serving frames takes you outside that environment and you are guaranteed to have degradation of quality.

If you have a consistent offset problem with sync, you'll need to separate the streams and edit the audio to move it in either direction in the time domain then multiplex the pieces back together.

Serving frames has nothing to do with the sync of audio and video components.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 02-29-2004 at 07:41 PM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Serving frames has nothing to do with the sync of audio and video components.
    It does in so far as you have to have a proper decoding taking place to have any chance of sync being possible. But beyond that Fred is correct. You still have to have good downstream tools and you will still see loss in quality do to the forced decompression/recompression.

The more I think about it the more I come to think that the problem solution is not to frameserve but to figure out what is going wrong with a few of the other tools and see about a solution. Sadly that is a major pain as their error messages are darn near non-existant.

--jdiner

If the .chp files are present for both the system is designed to keep auto-chaptering through both files. Other than the file not being present I am not sure what could or would have gone wrong...
    I'm selecting put chapters every 5 min and not using the .chp files, they are there but do not have any chapters because I only cut start/end in these .ty files.

Here is the make.bat created, look that the chapter command stops at 1200, my guess is that the vob is only 22min so TyTool will not create chapters above that, but I attached a vob with 22min more, so no chapters there. DVDauthor process show the time up to 22min 30seconds for first VOB then add the second going from 22min 31sec up to 45min 05sec and fix all VOBUs without problems.

So I put in (make.bat) chapter command 1500,1800,2100,2400 but those chapters are not created either. IFOedit shows the same information, only chapters before the "layer break".

That's why I guessed that maybe a newer dvdauthor version will fix this "layer break"/no chapters in attached VOB problem.

If you do find the proper timezone setting, parhaps in the tivoweb or tivowebplus sources PM me. I will get it added to the file so that it can work for everyone coming down the pipe. There are going to be more and more v4 tivoOS installations.

--jdiner
    The timezone setting for v4 is TimeZoneOffset. I will PM you my updated version of NowShowing.tcl, in which I have cleaned up some of the versioning to make sure it works going forward.

Thanks for your help debugging.

-jb
    S2 SA 180 hrs

Ok. Look I just removed all of the posts about Alphawolf's sig. The key here is that it is in his sig. Whether you are agree with his beliefs or not is irrelevant. You have to follow his sig link to read it. Not off limits for use here by any means.
    There is an option in User CP - Edit Options, to show avatar/sig, so anyone that don't like avatars/sig can turn them off. Even there is an option for a 'Ignore list' so you won't see any posts from people in that list.