Thread: DirectTivo T-60 "Insert New Access Card" Message

DirectTivo T-60 "Insert New Access Card" Message

Hey guys, can someone help me out here. I have upgraded my Tivo to 2.5 a while ago and all has been working great. using an HU card. Approx 3 days ago a message stating "Please insert new Access card to continue veiwing channels" came up and won't go away? Does anyone have any idea why this came up and how to get rid of it? Liek I said I am using a HU card and ver 2.5 and have 2-tuner and lifetime sub enabled on the unit and was fine until 3 days ago. I really don't want to have to set up another drive so I hope it can be done by bash or something?

Question #2, I have set up the unit for 2-tuner, but does not work? How do you go about getting the 2-tuner option working after setting it up. In the setup it states it is 2-tuner, but can't get it to work with 2-tuner?

Thanks much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kpt369
    Hey guys, can someone help me out here. I have upgraded my Tivo to 2.5 a while ago and all has been working great. using an HU card. Approx 3 days ago a message stating "Please insert new Access card to continue veiwing channels" came up and won't go away? Does anyone have any idea why this came up and how to get rid of it? Liek I said I am using a HU card and ver 2.5 and have 2-tuner and lifetime sub enabled on the unit and was fine until 3 days ago. I really don't want to have to set up another drive so I hope it can be done by bash or something?

Question #2, I have set up the unit for 2-tuner, but does not work? How do you go about getting the 2-tuner option working after setting it up. In the setup it states it is 2-tuner, but can't get it to work with 2-tuner?

Thanks much appreciate it.
    it came up because dtv sent you a p4 access card in the mail. if you didnt get it yet, call and complain.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    it came up because dtv sent you a p4 access card in the mail. if you didnt get it yet, call and complain.
    kpt369, the part mrblack51 left out, because it is obvious to all the rest of us, is talk about the hacking of the DTV signal is not tolerated here. In other words the answer you are looking for involves illegal hacking of the DTV signal stream. What we talk about here is the modification of the Tivo units (based upon open source software), not theft of service (based upon breaking proprietary systems). In fact we modify the Tivo portion of the Dtivo and do not modify the IRD portion of the unit.

As for the 2-tuner options just plug in two sat inputs and it will work. And no do not split the first input into two. You must use a dual LNB (or two LNBs). If you have need more then 3 feeds then you will need special switch called a multi-switch. A multi-switch looks allot like a splitter but they are not interchangeable.

And as a final note about hacking your IRD and CAM to work without paying for a subscription, it is cheaper in the long run to just pay for it legitimately then to try to hack it.