Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel logo dataset empty

Question Channel logo dataset empty

I've done many searches on this subject, but I'm not any closer to a solution. I just installed a turbonet card and tried to change the channel logos with tivoweb, but I get a message saying "Sorry, your logo dataset is empty". I've looked in mfs/resource/image and there are no logo .png files listed. I've read threads that talk about using a slice file, but no procedures on how to do that. Can the .png files be ftp'd directly to /resource/image, whereever that is? I did all of this to another tivo, but didn't get that error and was able to upload logo files from my computer one at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try re-running Guided setu.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Sanderton:

Sorry, could you be more specific?

Not much!

On the TiVo, in the Settings menu, choose "Re-run Guided Setup".

It downloads a fresh channel line up, so I'm guessing the default logos would come with them.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Tried running guided setup, but it didn't make any difference. Upon more research, I see that dbload30.tcl can load a slice file to the tivo after ftp'ing them both. I found a slice file called logo-67.slice that looks like the generic tivo logo package. I haven't tried this yet. Anybody know of any dangers in running dbload30.tcl?

Absolute success!

From the bash prompt:

bash-2.02# tivosh dbload30.tcl logo-67.slice

The automatic association on the tivoweb logos screen assign almost all the logos for you. Attached is the dbload30.tcl file and the zipped logo-67.slice file. When running dbload, it takes a couple of minutes to load, then you get a server error message. Ignore it. It will still load the logos. Thanks to all for the replies to my thread.

35 Shucks - thought I had it!

Well, didn't work for me - what directory where you in when you ran it?

Oski

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius60
    Absolute success!

From the bash prompt:

The automatic association on the tivoweb logos screen assign almost all the logos for you. Attached is the dbload30.tcl file and the zipped logo-67.slice file. When running dbload, it takes a couple of minutes to load, then you get a server error message. Ignore it. It will still load the logos. Thanks to all for the replies to my thread.

Sorry to hear that Oski,
    I put the files in my var/hack/tivoweb-tcl directory. Make sure you FTP dbload and the logo slice in binary mode. I got an server error message when I ran dbload, like I said in my previous post, but it loaded the logos for me. Good luck.

if you are running 4.x or higher, the logos have moved out of the resources area into a different area (TuikRes). If you are an end user type, this method works, but the real answer is to wait for an update to tivowebPlus
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

29 Sucess!!!

Of course! Binary mode did the trick. Thanks much, Mobius60

Sorry to hear that Oski,
    I put the files in my var/hack/tivoweb-tcl directory. Make sure you FTP dbload and the logo slice in binary mode. I got an server error message when I ran dbload, like I said in my previous post, but it loaded the logos for me. Good luck.

I'm glad it worked out, I know how frustrating this problem can be.
    Of course, I found the solution on this great forum.

Absolute success!

From the bash prompt:

This worked great for me on my samsung sir s4040r direct tv unit
    running 3.1.1c-01-2-151
    Kernal Version 2.4.4-TiVo-3.0

Most of my icons now show. Before I had none

thx...

Anyone have an updated logo slice?

HUGE

Would this work for a DSR6K running s/w 2.5.2?

Worked great for me, I was without logo's for the past 8 months, and finally decided to do something about it... Thanks!