Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: 160GB HD from Staples $30.00

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    bahamas
    Posts
    46

    19 160GB HD from Staples $30.00

    hey over at staples u can get a 160 gb hd for 30 dollars after rebate! i know this to be true , i read it on another forum and couldnt beleive it so i went to staples took the hd to the counter and this is what happens....the drive is 139.99 u give them coupon code "52846" this knocks 80.04 off then u get a 30 $ rebate on top of that for a kool 30.00 dollar harddrive. this really works i bought 7 today so dont try if u live near me i bougtem out!the sell ends tonight at midnight! i hear u can also use the same coupon on the staples website but dont know if u can i just went to the store i didnt want to wait for shipping!
    Last edited by mikeydread; 02-21-2004 at 10:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydread
    hey over at staples u can get a 160 gb hd for 30 dollars after rebate! i know this to be true , i read it on another forum and couldnt beleive it so i went to staples took the hd to the counter and this is what happens....the drive is 139.99 u give them coupon code "52846" this knocks 80.04 off then u get a 30 $ rebate on top of that for a kool 30.00 dollar harddrive. this really works i bought 7 today in gboro ,nc so dont try if u live near me i bougtem out!the sell ends tonight at midnight! i hear u can also use the same coupon on the staples website but dont know if u can i just went to the store i didnt want to wait for shipping!
    Well that code sure dosent work on their website.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

    Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1

    160GB HD at Stapes for $30

    The original poster did not recall all the details that he read. Here is the original post. It will not work on the web site. You must order by phone or at a store. The coupon code expires today.


    ******************************************

    This started in their flyer last week; it was a 120GB drive that ended up being $60 after rebate. They sold out. They had a substitution code that moved the 160GB drive into the deal, plus a coupon that knocked 80 off. And there's a $30 rebate.

    So here is what you need to do:

    Call Staples at 1-800-333-3330, hit one to place an order.

    When it's time to place the order, give them product number 504516, and if they don't bring it up themselves (mine did), tell them you have a coupon code (52846). They'll probably tell you that the code will not work immediately, but you will be credited $80.02 once it goes through.

    Then go to their rebate center online and print up the coupon (I think you can do it online too, but I wanted a hard copy).

    This was very easy. I did it less than a half hour ago, no fuss, no problems. Oh, it's going to be delivered too, for free.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    537

    Talking

    Unbelivable after reading at www.fatwallet.com I got same info when I called the operator just laughed and went thru her spiel end result shipping tuesday total charged to CC 61.34 and the MIR is online.









    Quote Originally Posted by rxwong
    The original poster did not recall all the details that he read. Here is the original post. It will not work on the web site. You must order by phone or at a store. The coupon code expires today.


    ******************************************

    This started in their flyer last week; it was a 120GB drive that ended up being $60 after rebate. They sold out. They had a substitution code that moved the 160GB drive into the deal, plus a coupon that knocked 80 off. And there's a $30 rebate.

    So here is what you need to do:

    Call Staples at 1-800-333-3330, hit one to place an order.

    When it's time to place the order, give them product number 504516, and if they don't bring it up themselves (mine did), tell them you have a coupon code (52846). They'll probably tell you that the code will not work immediately, but you will be credited $80.02 once it goes through.

    Then go to their rebate center online and print up the coupon (I think you can do it online too, but I wanted a hard copy).

    This was very easy. I did it less than a half hour ago, no fuss, no problems. Oh, it's going to be delivered too, for free.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

    Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    bahamas
    Posts
    46
    well i dont know, all i know is i got 7 -160gb hd today from staples in store. so if u own stables stock u better dump it on monday. they screwed up on this on!i cleaned out my area stores!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    bahamas
    Posts
    46
    ok being i hooked everyone up u think someone can help me burn an iso image i keep getting decompression error not matter what i do!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    didnt work...

    wierd.... i called them and they said the cupon code wouldnt work... oh well...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxix
    wierd.... i called them and they said the cupon code wouldnt work... oh well...
    If there is still time dont say nada about coupon code say I want a 504516 thats the item # if you get a good person it will sail.....
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

    Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6
    Just placed my order and they said limit 1 to household My total was 64.59.....tytyty must have some pull to get it for 61.34....The lady on the phone said they sold 40,000 so far!! Thanks for the heads up.

    BTW - I was on hold for 1 hour and 19 mins.
    I donated - Because I love this site!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhacker
    Just placed my order and they said limit 1 to household My total was 64.59.....tytyty must have some pull to get it for 61.34....The lady on the phone said they sold 40,000 so far!! Thanks for the heads up.

    BTW - I was on hold for 1 hour and 19 mins.
    differnt state taxes

    Ma l'italiano benissimo

    Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhacker
    The lady on the phone said they sold 40,000 so far!!
    I can't believe they are going to send 40,000 drives

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by bato
    I can't believe they are going to send 40,000 drives
    By noon tomorrow you figure Staples will have a preliminary estimate from their lawyers on what the class action settlement wlll cost (to pay their lawyers and ours, no significant money, or drives, would ever come to us) and their marketing people will have put a dollar amount on the negative publicity fallout. They add those two numbers together and compare to the cost of honoring the deals, and there's your answer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    30
    Hey guys where can I find the $30 rebate for the drive? I have looked in the rebate center on staples and I can't find the rebate at all. If someone has the link to it please send it to me. Thanks!

    I think I found it. Is it this one? http://www.staplesrebates.com/weblog...omoCd=03-69104

    If so, THAT IS AWESOME! I didn't know it was a 7200RPM!! WHAT A FANTASTIC DEAL!
    Last edited by williamn333; 02-22-2004 at 02:41 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    4
    ya thats it

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by williamn333
    Hey guys where can I find the $30 rebate for the drive? I have looked in the rebate center on staples and I can't find the rebate at all. If someone has the link to it please send it to me. Thanks!

    I think I found it. Is it this one? http://www.staplesrebates.com/weblog...omoCd=03-69104

    If so, THAT IS AWESOME! I didn't know it was a 7200RPM!! WHAT A FANTASTIC DEAL!
    I just called today (Sunday) and got it. Unreal find. Thanks guys!!!
    Oh No - Mr Bill!!!

    1 HDVR2 w/ 120 gig drive (hacked a long time ago, sleeper tivoscripts v1.02, running v4.x w/ HMO (Thanks Haderk!) - suits my purposes well.)

    1 DSR7000 w/ 120 gig drive - Currently 3.1.1b. Want to move it to HMO v4.0 WITHOUT sleeper (still testing killhdinit and other variants).

    2 DVR39s - just to play with and break stuff. Also just using one for MRV off the other tivos!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •