Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 160GB HD from Staples $30.00

18 Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Me too. I just called, was on hold 2 minutes, no hassles $63.30. Will do the $30.00 mail in rebate. Thanks alot!!!!!!!!

SHO

How did you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbillpsu00
    I just called today (Sunday) and got it. Unreal find. Thanks guys!!!
    I just tried to call today - after seeing you were successful in doing that, but was told that the coupon expired yesterday...

???

Quote Originally Posted by helmut23
    I just tried to call today - after seeing you were successful in doing that, but was told that the coupon expired yesterday...

???
    If at first you don't succeed. Try again. You probably got a rep that didn't know they extended it until today.

They will charge the full price, then transfer you to customer service for the $80 credit
    Oh No - Mr Bill!!!

1 HDVR2 w/ 120 gig drive (hacked a long time ago, sleeper tivoscripts v1.02, running v4.x w/ HMO (Thanks Haderk!) - suits my purposes well.)

1 DSR7000 w/ 120 gig drive - Currently 3.1.1b. Want to move it to HMO v4.0 WITHOUT sleeper (still testing killhdinit and other variants).

2 DVR39s - just to play with and break stuff. Also just using one for MRV off the other tivos!

The operator said they extended it because of the telephone lines were soooo busy. No hasssle. I would try again and get another operator.

Best of Luck

just called up and was told the offer expired yesterday. i told the nice rep lady i had called yesterday but gave up after being on hold too long. she said they would honor it today, but charge me full amount and credit me back the $80. going to do $30 mir as well. thanks for the great tip!

the woman even apologized that i may not get the drive until the end of the week because of how popular this offer was... they are so nice
    Last edited by ycrazyy; 02-22-2004 at 09:14 PM.

Talking

I just called tonight (Sunday) Since the coupon was not going through she had to charge my CC 150.48
    Then refund my CC -86.04 as a seperate transaction (coupon)
    Do the mail in rebate -30.00
    Total cost 34.44
    It will be at my door free delivery on Tuesday 2/24
    Thanks guys

Bought one today at 4pm CST at the store and it was ok. Just called for one online (store was out and they said it expired yesterday... today is sunday I think they're on to us.

Unhappy Is it too late?

Do you all think it is too late to get the deal now? I tried yesterday and was told that it had expired the day before, however it sounds like you can work them to honor the coupon.

Should I try again, and if so is there any new rebate offer or should I just go operator surfing?

-Chasmars

It's Over unless you can pull some serious strings!

Called today and tried the code etc. No Go!!

Darn I hate being late!

Quote Originally Posted by chasmars

Do you all think it is too late to get the deal now? I tried yesterday and was told that it had expired the day before, however it sounds like you can work them to honor the coupon.

Should I try again, and if so is there any new rebate offer or should I just go operator surfing?

-Chasmars

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman69
    Called today and tried the code etc. No Go!!

Darn I hate being late!

I just called about an hour ago and they couldn't honor it either. I asked if there was another coupon... but apparently not. They were very nice however.

Too bad I missed this great deal as well. I'm glad that some of you got it tho... thanks alot for the heads up nevertheless!