Thread: throwing in the towel

throwing in the towel

Well,

Over the last 3 days I've downloaded 25xtreme two different times. Burned it 9 different times using 2 different machines, and 4 different burners (different media types too). I've tried to run it countless times and it always fails. Thanks to all that have tried to help. But I'm gonna put it all away for a few days before I use it all for punting practice.

Thanks again to all
    Wayne
    I had a handle on life, then it broke

93% isn't always 93%

Being hardheaded, I decided to give it one more shot. I did a little surfing to another site the CV helps out on and found his instructions on the 2.5/2.5.2 upgrade. He mentioned the 93% errror in the document and said that sometimes it works anyways. I didn't think I had much to lose as I was about to see if a 3/4HP garburater could actually eat a harddrive. I threw the failed (93%) upgrade HD into Tivo and sure enough, everything worked. I then upgraded to 2.5.2 and now all the hacks work. OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN, thanks again!

I did notice thru 2.5 upgrades that the percentage was actuall making it 99.89% and then failing. If you are running into this problem, pay attention to the actual % rather than just the message. Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.

Oh yeah, make a backup first.
    Last edited by Spaceman_Spiff; 02-22-2004 at 02:00 PM.
    I had a handle on life, then it broke

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff
    Being hardheaded, I decided to give it one more shot.
    Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.

Oh yeah, make a backup first.
    Sounds a little like the story of Robert the Bruce and the spider.

Congratulations on getting it working.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.