Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MFS_FTP issues

Can no longer download / upload ty+ files

I was having problems with bad sectors on my original hacked drive and so i got a new one

I backed up everything including all of my ty+ streams and xml files

i then restored my original image using tivo scripts 1.02 onto my new 120 gig hardrive

I had to install the latest mfs_ftp and change some settings to what i had it before

i basicly just put everything back to the way (or at least i think) I had it before installing this new drive

but now i cannot upload my streams back

smart ftp starts the upload and mfs_ftp stops it before it even starts.

i thioght this may be due to some partion not formatted correctly so i recorded a 30 min show to see if it would show up with the ftp client

It did, but when i tried to download that stream from the tivo it does the same thing as when i try to upload

i also noticed that when tring to upload a stream that after it fails it does show up (after refreshing) in smart ftp however the name has changed.

It now has aditional information at the begining of the file name {recording}

would the renaming of my file have something to do with my errors or is there something missint from my restoration

edit:

just noticed a few errors in terminal and thought they might help

Starting EventSwitcher...
    Not going to start Test service with NULL executable
    Not going to start Epg Manager (/tvbin/EpgManager isn't an existing executable)
    Not going to start thttpd (/tvbin/thttpd isn't an existing executable)
    Not going to start DmComponent (/tvbin/DmComponent isn't an existing executable)
    Not going to start IdlComponent (/tvbin/idl-component isn't an existing executable)
    Not going to start Falcon (/tvbin/falcon isn't an existing executable)
    Start fan control...

this next error is a bit farther down

(none):/var/tmp$ Unaligned Access to 0x83a21863 in kernel mode at 0xc0124428
    Unaligned Access to 0x83a21863 in kernel mode at 0xc012443c
    MCP startup complete

i am sre that the falcon error was allys there nut not sure about the rest of them

Thanks for any help

P.S.

I have searched the forums extensivly and have not seen any posts with simular problems but if i missed one please refer me to them so i can learn from it
    Last edited by cyberdemon; 02-15-2004 at 04:39 AM.

How to ftp shows off my HDVR2

I have been looking for an answer to this question.. If their is a thread on this site regarding this issue.. I apologize.. I have been doing searches for the past 3 days.

My unit is hacked with Monte.

I am using a USB 2.0 Network adapter and can ftp into the unit with no problem.

Where do I find the files to download.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenRaines
    I have been looking for an answer to this question.. If their is a thread on this site regarding this issue.. I apologize.. I have been doing searches for the past 3 days.

My unit is hacked with Monte.

I am using a USB 2.0 Network adapter and can ftp into the unit with no problem.

Where do I find the files to download.

Thanks
    Have you looked in the Extraction Forum at this thread?
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Fixed it my self

i missed uploading the s2 binarys for mfs_ftp

uploaded and everything now works fine

however i cannot upload xml files to the xml directory

smartftp spits out an error "550 error, invalid file type for upload"

since these file types are allready in the folder i know they should work

is there a setting in mfs_ftp that needs to be changed so i can restore this information again?

mfs_ftp on HDVR2 w/ 4.01b problem

I have a HDVR2, ... loaded 4.01b, ... did the monte, surgery, hacks ... loaded new versions of vserver, tserver, ... loaded tivowebplus ... everything works, even got Tivo_mplayer to show the movies, ... Tytools brings over the movies too ,... but for some reason I'm still having problems with mfs_ftp

I put mfs_ftp (1.2.9p) in /usr/mfs_ftp
    then installed the s2bins.

yet when I run mfs_ftp.tcl ... I get the following
    couldn't write file "./port.3105.log": read-only file system
    while executing
    "exec $info(path)/mfs_ftp.tcl $info(port) backgrounded >$info(path)/port.$info(p
    ort).log &"
    (procedure "background" line 6)
    invoked from within
    "background"
    (procedure "init_procs" line 3)
    invoked from within
    "init_procs"
    (file "./mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)

I've done a search on this error but couldn't find anything. Also, the info that normally goes into the hackinit, ... should the rc.sysinit.author be edited to add those lines for the 4.01b?

TIA
    ALlen

That is because that is wrong location for the files, read the readme. Delete the entire /usr/mfs_ftp dir, install the new version to /var per the instructions and make adjustments to rc.sysinit.author to reflect proper location.

Also since the series2 really enjoys wiping the /var partition you might want to script a check and restore for any hacks installed there.

While you are in rc.sysinit.author remove the calls to sps30 and sort neither of those scripts works on a 4.x revision.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Thanks TY, ... gees, I moved the mfs over to usr because of that very reason! I thought the code was 'generic' and could be moved.
    I move it back to /var ... appreciate the help. Of course the next question is ... Has anyone done a Check/Restore script for rc.sysinit? I'll do a search and see if I can find one.

Allen

mfs_ftp mistake, how delete bogus new show?

I was able to get mfs_ftp working fine on my HDVR2 and copy a show (as .TMF) from the Tivo to my PC. I decided to try the reverse, so I did a bit of renaming and tried (twice) to ship the show back to the Tivo. The FTP 'blew up' just a few bytes into the transfer- but that's not my question... obviously, I need to do some more homework before attempting that.

I now have two bogus shows under "Now Showing" I want to get rid of. Attempting a delete via TivoWeb fails with a "DeleteError".

I'm unsure if I should simply use the DELETE function on my FTP client or I need to use a particular tool to clean things up (am I playing with ladyfingers or dynamite?)

A glimpse of my mfs_ftp session is attached. [1] are the files I am talking about. Also... what are the other items [2] that look like garbage with no date?

Thanks!
    Last edited by goony; 02-19-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    You should be able to go into the Now Playing list from Tivo Central and delete it.
    Eh, I forgot that part... they show up as RECORDING in the Now Playing list and it goes through the motions of me deleting them but they persist in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by goony
    Eh, I forgot that part... they show up as RECORDING in the Now Playing list and it goes through the motions of me deleting them but they persist in the list.
    Reboot your tivo, might solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie
    Reboot your tivo, might solve the problem.
    Hmm... it's not a Windoze box, so I guess that's why I didn't (yet) try that.

Will attempt suggestion and report back.

Thanks!

EditTitle.tcl can delete programs otherwise resistant to removal.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Thanks for the replies... the reboot did the trick.

SR712: Good to know- thanks!

Where are .TMF files located?

I have MS_FTP installed and it works perfectly. I have used Smart_ftp and WS_FTP and can connect to both my SA Tivo 1s and have read every possible MS_FTP posting as well as the readme files and cannot for the life of me find where the .tmf files are located that I need to download in order to transfer shows in between Tivos. The MFS module in my TivoWeb shows me the episodes but the path that is shown does not exist as a path in my FTP or Telnet connections. Here is an example of what kind of path is shown in the MFS section of TivoWeb:

IndexPath = /Recording/Active/1:12471:64798:1326717
    /Recording/SeasonPass/01279274/87528:35199:1326717
    /Recording/TmsId/SH2930530000:87528:35201:1326717
    /Recording/NowShowingByClassic/2:87528:35201:1326717
    /Recording/NowShowingByExpiration/2:12473:32400:1326717 {/Recording/NowShowingByTitle/1AILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART:87528:35201:1326717} /Recording/DiskUsed/10/1326717:1079296
    }

None of these directories can be viewed in my FTP or telnet sessions as I indicated. Soooooo basically I need to know where you navigate to to find the .tmf files assuming this is all I need to transfer a show between Tivos. I assume I use the MFS module in TivoWeb to identify the shows before download/upload also...is that correct?

Thank you - Jeff "A Mountain Dew Still Isn't Helping" A.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsberg
    I have MS_FTP installed and it works perfectly. I have used Smart_ftp and WS_FTP and can connect to both my SA Tivo 1s and have read every possible MS_FTP posting as well as the readme files and cannot for the life of me find where the .tmf files are located that I need to download in order to transfer shows in between Tivos. The MFS module in my TivoWeb shows me the episodes but the path that is shown does not exist as a path in my FTP or Telnet connections. Here is an example of what kind of path is shown in the MFS section of TivoWeb:

IndexPath = /Recording/Active/1:12471:64798:1326717
    /Recording/SeasonPass/01279274/87528:35199:1326717
    /Recording/TmsId/SH2930530000:87528:35201:1326717
    /Recording/NowShowingByClassic/2:87528:35201:1326717
    /Recording/NowShowingByExpiration/2:12473:32400:1326717 {/Recording/NowShowingByTitle/1AILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART:87528:35201:1326717} /Recording/DiskUsed/10/1326717:1079296
    }

None of these directories can be viewed in my FTP or telnet sessions as I indicated. Soooooo basically I need to know where you navigate to to find the .tmf files assuming this is all I need to transfer a show between Tivos. I assume I use the MFS module in TivoWeb to identify the shows before download/upload also...is that correct?

Thank you - Jeff "A Mountain Dew Still Isn't Helping" A.
    The reason you don't see them when you log in with telnet or regular ftp (port 21) is that all video is in the mfs partitions which are not visible to plain linux.

To see whats in the mfs partitions you need to connect up to mfs_ftp which is on port 3105 (I think, you can check the mfs_ftp.tcl to see what port it binds to). The .tmf files don't actually exist anywhere on the tivo but are built on the fly but mfs_ftp to be transferred to the PC.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)