Thread: unscramble and updating xplusz

Question unscramble and updating xplusz

is there any read me text for the exact install of unscramble.o for series one. I have done tons of searching and havent found out exactly where to put it and the commands to install it. Also can you have it installed without removing any of the noscramble modules from the installed xplusz with 2.5.2.

Also how do you update old versions, such as tivoweb an xplusz to tivowebplus. Do i have to remove the original or just right the new one to the same directory. I have turbonet installed and can ftp so i just dont want to screw anything up that i have already achieved. Thank you

J

The latest version of xplusz is 3.10. Find the file on the internet and unzip it. Within the zip file contains the "readme" file for a new install or just an upgrade with instructions on how to load it.
    Xplusz has "noscramble" built into it so theres no need to load that hack separately.
    Last edited by singingfrog; 02-26-2004 at 05:13 PM.

I have 3.10 on

Quote Originally Posted by singingfrog
    The latest version of xplusz is 3.10. Find the file on the internet and unzip it. Within the zip file contains the "readme" file for a new install or just an upgrade with instructions on how to load it.
    Xplusz has "noscramble" built into it so theres no need to load that hack separately.
    Thank you for answering but i have 3.10 on. My question is are unscramble and noscramble the same hack, because i thought from all of my reading that unscramble was used to unscramble recorded shows before hacking and that noscramble was only for shows that havent been recorded yet.

Also if i want to upgrade to tivowebplus from v1.9.4 do i have to remove the old tivoweb or install in the same location over the old version. Some of the scripts on my tivo are getting outdated and i have never had to update them and i am a little confused on how to do this. there was no detailed readme text in unscramble or tivowebplus on how to install if you already have tivoweb. I just dont know how to update a script that is already in the tivo to a newer version and how to put unscramble on and where to put it. I think once it is on that you insmod the file but im not sure.

Also when unscramle is running can you still watch your tivo regularly or does it effect the way you watch them by needing to use the noscramble scripts, because my girlfriend has no idea how do any of hacks and would kill me if she cant watch her shows. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmk51515
    Thank you for answering but i have 3.10 on. My question is are unscramble and noscramble the same hack, because i thought from all of my reading that unscramble was used to unscramble recorded shows before hacking and that noscramble was only for shows that havent been recorded yet.

Also if i want to upgrade to tivowebplus from v1.9.4 do i have to remove the old tivoweb or install in the same location over the old version. Some of the scripts on my tivo are getting outdated and i have never had to update them and i am a little confused on how to do this. there was no detailed readme text in unscramble or tivowebplus on how to install if you already have tivoweb. I just dont know how to update a script that is already in the tivo to a newer version and how to put unscramble on and where to put it. I think once it is on that you insmod the file but im not sure.

Also when unscramle is running can you still watch your tivo regularly or does it effect the way you watch them by needing to use the noscramble scripts, because my girlfriend has no idea how do any of hacks and would kill me if she cant watch her shows. Thanks
    Unscramble & noscramble are the same. Xplusz has "noscamble" installed, you just have to activate it.(#47,1)
    It will not affect any live viewing whatsoever. Be aware that once activated, you will not be able to view recorded programs that were recorded prior to installing the "noscramble" hack. You can turn off the noscramble hack to view those programs that were recorded prior to the script activation.
    Since I dont use the the tivowebplus, I'm unable to help you there.