Thread: Stupid Newbie Questions

Stupid Newbie Questions

Ok, I've been reading and lurking here for almost a year and a half
    don't post much (don't want to look stupid)

I can find an image, read a hinsdale how-to and extreme a direct tivo, No Problems

Recently I acquired a Phillips Standalone series 1
    can someone point me to a sticky on where to get started (similar to the hinsdale guide)
    thanks

dan0

ps
    Tivo Gods (and forum janitors) need not reply
    "Don't ask me I dont know anything except what I read"

This is probably what your looking for http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=32270 This will give you a usable system. If you want to have guide data either subscribe (recommended) or make your own. It won't be nearly as good as TiVo's but if you are in a area where service is not available make do as best you can.
    LoL

Thanks !
    somehow i was thinking there was more to it

somehow i was thinking there was more to it
    There is. The link provided in the earlier post only tells you how to use a SA Tivo as a dumb DVR without guide data. If you've been lurking for a year and a half you should already have some clue as to what you want to do with the unit. Think about what you intend to use the Tivo for and go from there.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    There is. The link provided in the earlier post only tells you how to use a SA Tivo as a dumb DVR without guide data. If you've been lurking for a year and a half you should already have some clue as to what you want to do with the unit. Think about what you intend to use the Tivo for and go from there.
    thanks cap
    I did find what i was looking for
    somehow i missed it first time around (thus the post)