Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel logos in Now Playing .. must be a new problem

Throg Guest

Channel logos in Now Playing .. must be a new problem

First let me apologize for again bringing up a seemingly very tired old problem. However, I really enjoy the logos module in Tivoweb and really enjoyed seeing the channel logos on my S1 unit. I'm a new S2 owner and right away installed Tivoweb. I went through the logos module and associated a logo for every channel I receive. The s1-p1 and s2-p2 files both show up in the module, they all show up in MFS/Resource/Image, and appear to be properly associated in MFS/Logogroup/2:1:1 and 2:2:2. When I open Now Playing, I only see the NBC logo and it doesn't match the one I associated with Tivoweb's logos module. I've re-run guided setup twice and even tried the C&DE.

I've thoroughly read every article I can find on this subject in these forums and on tivocommunity. I've tried everything suggested and nothing changes. Does anyone know something they're not telling?

Please!
    Last edited by Throg; 03-04-2004 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throg
    First let me apologize for again bringing up a seemingly very tired old problem. However, I really enjoy the logos module in Tivoweb and really enjoyed seeing the channel logos on my S1 unit. I'm a new S2 owner and right away installed Tivoweb. I went through the logos module and associated a logo for every channel I receive. The s1-p1 and s2-p2 files both show up in the module, they all show up in MFS/Resource/Image, and appear to properly associated in MFS/Logogroup/2:1:1 and 2:2:2. When I open Now Playing, I only see the NBC logo and it doesn't match the one I associated with Tivoweb's logos module. I've re-run guided setup twice and every tried the C&DE.

I've thoroughly read every article I can find on this subject in these forums and on tivocommunity. I've tried everything suggested and nothing changes. Does anyone know something they're not telling?

Please!
    You have to restart the TiVo before they appear.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    You have to restart the TiVo before they appear.
    Sanderton, quite honestly I was hoping you'd read this and reply. The posts I've seen from you sound informed and intelligent. I've restarted this machine multiple times every day for a week now.
    Further, the logos do show up in the channel banners, in tivoweb (both icons), just not in Now playing on tivo.

Quote Originally Posted by Throg
    Sanderton, quite honestly I was hoping you'd read this and reply. The posts I've seen from you sound informed and intelligent. I've restarted this machine multiple times every day for a week now.
    Further, the logos do show up in the channel banners, in tivoweb (both icons), just not in Now playing on tivo.
    Pity the suggestion didn't work though!

You say you can see an NBC logo. Try associating that logo with another channel. Might give a clue if the problem is in the association or in the logo formatting somehow.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    Pity the suggestion didn't work though!

You say you can see an NBC logo. Try associating that logo with another channel. Might give a clue if the problem is in the association or in the logo formatting somehow.
    Good suggestion. However, the NBC logo that shows up in Now Playing doesn't match the one that displays in Tivoweb. It's like the unit is pulling the graphics from a non-common location. The NBC Logo on Tivo is the peacock feathers with the call letters on the right. That particular logo isn't a choice in the Tivowebplus/logos module.
    Last edited by Throg; 03-04-2004 at 11:52 PM.

I have the same problem. Someone suggested there might be conflicting logos loaded in the system, but a C&D should clear it, which it didn't.

I noticed this did work in 4.01, but not 4.1.01b

but what do I know... nothin...

I'm running 4.0.1-01-2-140 on a S2 SA.

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trubin
    I noticed this did work in 4.01, but not 4.1.01b
    I have version 4.0.1b-01-2-240
    Last edited by Throg; 03-07-2004 at 05:51 PM.

DB changes have neutered Logos module

TiVo has apparently made some changes to the locations of the logos in the DB. The old logos were stored in the /Resource/Image directory in mfs... and they're still there. But Tivoapp is now getting its logos from the /TuikRes directory instead.

In my case, specifically, /TuikRes/Holder/010603/channellogos~20031202173455-240/. There are "channelbanner" and "nowplaying" subfolders in that & the NBC logo in there matches the one that shows up in the Now Playing screen. Dunno if the numbers are the same across all TiVo's with the same software version, or if they're specific to my system. (Alas, I only have one TiVo to play with... I know, I know... so "Dark Ages" of me. hehe)

Anyway, it looks like the Logos module is going to need a major overhaul in order to support the new architecture.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by psxboy
    TiVo has apparently made some changes to the locations of the logos in the DB. The old logos were stored in the /Resource/Image directory in mfs... and they're still there. But Tivoapp is now getting its logos from the /TuikRes directory instead.

In my case, specifically, /TuikRes/Holder/010603/channellogos~20031202173455-240/. There are "channelbanner" and "nowplaying" subfolders in that & the NBC logo in there matches the one that shows up in the Now Playing screen. Dunno if the numbers are the same across all TiVo's with the same software version, or if they're specific to my system. (Alas, I only have one TiVo to play with... I know, I know... so "Dark Ages" of me. hehe)

Anyway, it looks like the Logos module is going to need a major overhaul in order to support the new architecture.

-psxboy
    Now there's an answer that verifies that I'm not just losing my mind. I'm not a moron. I know of that which I speak. While it's not what I was hoping for (the fix), it's the next best thing.

Is the guy who wrote the tivoweb(+) logos module listening? I really like your work and would love to be able to use it again.

Also, the folder where your logos are installed is the same on my system. (SA S2 TCD24004A 4.0.1b-01-2-240).
    Last edited by Throg; 03-09-2004 at 08:48 PM.

Mine are in:

TuikRes/Holder/010603/channellogos~20030805195124-140

on 4.0.1-01-2-140

Did anyone get this fixed?

I have an s2 with 4.01b-02

I can go into the logos module, select icons currently on the tivo and associated them with channels

I have quite a few preloaded? by tivo. I do subscribe to tivo service.

If I take a logo already there, and put it on a channel, works fine.

If I try to import, it lets me select a filename to import, then comes back 'page not found'

Wierd!

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by philhu
    I have an s2 with 4.01b-02

I can go into the logos module, select icons currently on the tivo and associated them with channels

I have quite a few preloaded? by tivo. I do subscribe to tivo service.

If I take a logo already there, and put it on a channel, works fine.

If I try to import, it lets me select a filename to import, then comes back 'page not found'

Wierd!
    I understand what you're saying. I posted the link to my thread because of the post by psxboy where he states that the logo location is different between s2 and s1 tivos. Possible explanation? The logos module was written a long time ago yet still works fine with TWP on a s1 tivo.
    I don't remember if I've even ever tried importing a logo but I can associate the preloaded ones fine as well. My problem is that they only show up in the logos module and on the channel banners. I want them to show up in the now playing list on the right like they used to with my s1 box.