Thread: tivostuff.com down?

DSS4Free Guest

tivostuff.com down?

I guess I picked a wrong time to play with the UTV. I wiped the drive using mhd3, but when I try to go to tivostuff.com to get the 3.5 image, it appears to be down. I was wondering if maybe the site is down. Is there an alternate site to get the 3.5 image?

Also, what is this about the computer writing some "signature" to the drive in Win XP? I have 3 computers and they all have XP pro on them, is there a way to get around that signatute file? Does the signature file even mess with UTV?
    Last edited by DSS4Free; 03-07-2004 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DSS4Free
    I guess I picked a wrong time to play with the UTV. I wiped the drive using mhd3, but when I try to go to tivostuff.com to get the 3.5 image, it appears to be down. I was wondering if maybe the site is down. Is there an alternate site to get the 3.5 image?
    yes there are alternate sites to get the 3.5 image
    but 3.7 works better, you really should load that
    you can always let it call into MSN and download it

Quote Originally Posted by DSS4Free
    Also, what is this about the computer writing some "signature" to the drive in Win XP? I have 3 computers and they all have XP pro on them, is there a way to get around that signature file? Does the signature file even mess with UTV?
    pull the power cord
    as the forum janitor would say if you'd use the search button and read you'd know that
    "Don't ask me I dont know anything except what I read"

You have already asked this question here

mrblack51 decided to close your thread. Why do you insist on posting the same question again. Do you want to get banned?

1) formatting the drive before having new sw ready to install is a BAD idea

2) formatting the drive without backing up the old sw is a VERY bad idea

3) formatting the drive without understanding what you're doing - not so brilliant either

3 strikes - no more UTV

4) coming to the WRONG forum for dtv/dss hacking

5) IGNORING the rules, topics & info allready available

6) starting multiple inapropriate threads, ignoring a mod's warning & failure to even TRY to use the search feature

another 3 strikes - welcome to the readers club

Petition to close the thread.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

DSS4Free2 Guest
    OK, so I have realized that everyone of the "paying" members (or whatever the hell you are) are a bunch of *******s. I just had to sign up with a new user name just to let everyone know what bullshit this forum is. I will just have to find my info elsewhere. I just wish I would have known that everyone was like this before I wasted my time asking questions.

Have a nice day lames

Quote Originally Posted by DSS4Free2
    OK, so I have realized that everyone of the "paying" members (or whatever the hell you are) are a bunch of *******s. I just had to sign up with a new user name just to let everyone know what bullshit this forum is. I will just have to find my info elsewhere. I just wish I would have known that everyone was like this before I wasted my time asking questions.

Have a nice day lames
    Guess what? nobody cares.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by DSS4Free2

Have a nice day lames
    This forum is free to all that abide by the owner's wishes. If you aren't willing to follow a simple set of rules, you are not welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    Petition to close the thread.
    petition granted
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids