Thread: just want to know how to use without tel. line B4 I buy?

just want to know how to use without tel. line B4 I buy?

I just need to know what I need to make tivo work without a telephone line. Also what do I need to transfer video to my computer.

I am going to purchase a 140hr series 2.

Thanks

Sleeper's tivoscript
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Arrow to answer your phone question

im gonna assume you have a cell phone and broadband. i have the same and here is what i had to do to get it working. first, in order to get the tivo to set up initioally, you will have to go to a friend's house that has a phone line. the tivo wont set up via network adapter. this takes a few hours, but after you have it set up, take it home and get one of the usb network adapters that they reccomend on the tivo website. i use the wirless, but now that im gettin into hacking i wish i had bought the wired adapter. if you have a router, give the tivo a static address and viola, it will connect through your network for updates and guides. as far as this goes, the tivo is a very easy machine to deal with.