Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DirecTiVo Central Menu Quirk

DirecTiVo Central Menu Quirk

Hello,

I get a weird thing when I go to the menu central. First, DSR6K, 2.5 then 2.5.2, then 3.1. While in the menu central, I get a looping picture of a pirate with a sword to his throat every 15 seconds then I get back to the menu.

Anyone heard of this?

All other feature of the unit work fine.
    2 DSR6000 Phillips with two 120 gb HD's each....feel the joy

Care to post some steps to reproduce? I don't see it. But from your description I think I'd like to check it out. Also running a DSR6000 with 3.1.

Sounds kinda cool. Scary, but cool.

And you say this happens on you DSR6000 on ALL THREE versions of the OS ?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMelon
    Care to post some steps to reproduce? .
    Screen shots, or digital camera pictures of the event would be even more telling I would think.... But it sounds to me like you installed a "custom" image, didntcha?

Unhappy

I have attached a picture of the looping image. The quality isnt that great, but I did try.

I am guessing that one of the versions that I installed was somehow modded. That would be logical, but short of backing up stuff and re-installing I guess I am stuck here.

The steps that I did were installing 25xtreme. Booted the drive. Used the image for a night. Then removed the drive and installed 2.5.2. Used the drive for a week. Removed the drive and installed 3.1. I did mods to use hu on this.

I remember the image being on the 2.5.2, but dont rememebr if it was on 2.5 also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by leon phelps
    I am guessing that one of the versions that I installed was somehow modded. That would be logical, but short of backing up stuff and re-installing I guess I am stuck here.
    Err, yup. That's why you shouldn't use bootleg images from untrusted sources.

Removed the drive and installed 3.1. I did mods to use hu on this.
    Though, how fitting that there is a PIRATE on your screen, and you're stealing service from DTV.. Hmm.. Tell me why I shouldn't ban you for life after I warned you never to mention that fact here ever again?

I remember the image being on the 2.5.2, but dont rememebr if it was on 2.5 also.
    Then why'd you say that it was on all three?

card is a subbed card. I am not stealing the service.

Quote Originally Posted by leon phelps
    card is a subbed card. I am not stealing the service.
    WRONG, DTV replaced all Tivo owners' HU cards prior to sending down version 3.1. BURN IN HELL THIEF.

I don't believe all Hu cards for DTivo owners have been replaced across the board. I still see posts where legit subscribers still have their old Hu cards subbed that were never replaced. DTV seems to have slowed down on their attempts to replace all existing Hu cards when they found a potential problem with the P4's. Didn't it seem rather strange that after a while they would only send one or two cards to households with several receivers rather than replacing all of them? This was discussed for quite a while on the "Tanya Memme" channel on DTV about only getting one card per household even if you had multiple receivers. I never could fathom the logic behind that move.

BTW, I believe I know why you got the pirate screen. I heard rumors about a certain DTV mod to DTivos that caused this to occur.
    Last edited by captain_video; 03-10-2004 at 09:35 AM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I remember a while back I distributed a modified boot299.btl on emule that advertized itself as a nozkt hack, but really it would display a custom nag no matter what kind of card you would put into the receiver. It's still being widely distributed on emule today, and I haven't had it myself in over a year
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    I don't believe all Hu cards for DTivo owners have been replaced across the board. I still see posts where legit subscribers still have their old Hu cards subbed that were never replaced.
    Hint: they're lying.

Do you really think DTV expects their users to install a service theft hack on their Tivo so that 3.1 works correctly?

It makes NO sense for them to leave any customer at 2.5.x. They gain nothing by supporting 2+ obsolete software versions.

Do you really think DTV expects their users to install a service theft hack on their Tivo so that 3.1 works correctly?

It makes NO sense for them to leave any customer at 2.5.x. They gain nothing by supporting 2+ obsolete software versions.
    What you're saying makes perfect sense and you're probably right about certain posters bending the truth about what access cards they're using legitimately. It would definitely make no sense for DTV to keep any DTivo owner mired in an old OS version. They were going full bore with the P4 distribution when they suddenly stopped dead in their tracks. I do believe that DTivo owners were among the first targeted to receive the P4 cards (I got mine shortly after they announced the changeover) but I just haven't seen definitive proof that they've done a 100% swapout for DTivo owners. Perhaps they eventually picked up the slack with the P5 distribution.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by David Bought

My father, who has been a DTV subscriber for 4 years, still has a HU card and v2.5.2 on his stock DSR6000.

Are you going to call me a liar and him a thief?

WRONG, DTV replaced all Tivo owners' HU cards prior to sending down version 3.1. BURN IN HELL THIEF.
    WRONG, they have NOT replaced all the DTiVo HU cards.

Go play in the NEWBIE forum.

].........

Your last two posts blatantly accused an innocent, God-fearing Christian ......

that whole burn in HELL thing.... what a lovely God-fearing Christian thing to say...