Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r13 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    It's the post immediately following yours which quotes from it.
    As stated, I appreciate your further explaination. It helps me understand much better than page 69 and 70 that you mentioned. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    As stated, I appreciate your further explaination. It helps me understand much better than page 69 and 70 that you mentioned. Thanks again
    You're welcome. You'll probably find the guides at doom9 and dvdrhelp useful. There are a number of good explanations of how MPEG compression works. Josh wrote up a very good one in the previous thread a few weeks ago. Some things are not so easy to understand but the basic concepts should be adequately explained.

Maybe a link to a good explanation with uncluttered pictures would be a good addition the the howto threads.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Another very small bug report

Meant to send this a little earlier. In GOPEditor, when making FAE cuts, I sometimes get my start cut and end cut confused. So I hit pagedown when wanting to start a cut. Then, arcade mode kicks in and I hit pageup really quick thinking "well, that's what I meant to do". I hit pageup while gopeditor is loading the GOP. When it comes back out of the FAE edit mode, it crashes. So basically, I guess just lock the inputs while reading the GOP. Or don't. It doesn't really matter. It's just one of those things people should do anyways.
    Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all

DVD Menu

Very nice features added! Thanks for all the excellent additions.

If this has been addressed, sorry in advance. Is a multiple page Menu for DVD creation in the works? Putting 15+ commercial edited half hour shows on a disc makes menu inadequate. Not bad for software players since I can easily go to specific title even if I can't see title name, not so easy on Hardware player.

Does anyone know an easy way to create/edit menu created with tytool to change to multiple title pages?

Again, sorry if this has been addressed, tried searching, but got no results perhaps I used wrong keywords.

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by BudMan; 03-10-2004 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FokenNewbee
    I think this is why I can't terminate the session, I get some crc error

(none):/usr/tytools$ ./tserver_mfs7_mips
    crc mismatch len=17408 0x3721426e 0xe938e91d
    Waiting for an incomming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    Waiting for an incomming connection!
    nowShowing

I tried downloading another copy, but same error, do you have any idea what might be causing this crc error?
    No. That is not a crc within the server. That is a CRC from the disk partition. That value never used to change. So it was used as a partial key for the detection of what type a filesystem was when trying to extract by the extraction code itself.

On the S2 it can change and be in a dirty state. That is when you see the above.

As for the shutting down of the server the simple truth whether you want to hear it or not is that you have things running in the wrong way or are doing something wrong. You are going to have to provide a lot more detail for anyone to be able to help you further...

Do you telnet in and run the server manually or do you have it being run automatically as part of the startup?

When you telnet it and run the server and what to kill it what prompt are you seeing on the telnet window?

And lastly if you really need it dead run ps get the process ID and use the kill -9 command on it. That is the only way to kill it if it was not run directly from the same exact shell instance that you are hitting ctrl-c in. I.e. you can't open another telnet session and enter control-c into that different window and have it do anything.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler
    Josh, nice work. Lots of great additions & fixes. Thank you so much!

The auto key generation is nice. Along the same lines, I'd love to have the option to automatically multiplex after extraction.
    Sorry, but without commercial cuts etc... that is the already exisiting download as an mpeg feature. Unless there is a clear reason I see no reason to duplicate what is already present.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler
    BTW, Josh...this is admittedly a useless thing to do, but just out of curiosity I discovered that it's possible to change the transcoding options while a ty file is being mux'd. TyTool continued to process output, but playback is hosed.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to code for, but you might consider locking those options during processing. Maybe ignoring any setting changes until processing of the current file has finished? Just a suggestion.
    Ah... A good point. I was looking for what was "screwed" in the most recent version with the GUI changes. I will have to lock that one down. For good measure I just locked down all of the file and Options menu why a major process is taking place. Fewer issues that way.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    As far as I know, this has been there all along. I missed a selection box to populate one of the fields in "make menu". I am sure nobody else missed it but I am attaching this all the same. I hope it helps someone who may not have seen it.
    That has been there for quite some time. It was added at the request of a user here that was quite generous to me.

From the 8r1 docs:

43- Added a "title" copy-up from the vob entry to the title for the name of the show. It is a little button to the right of the combobox. This feature will cut the .vob, .ty, .mpg, .mpeg strings (if they are there) from the end of the vob name. It will then take any name after the path of the vob and copy it into the title. Makes it much easier and faster to name things.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by horwitz
    jdiner,

This is amazingly unimportant, but would be nice: when you close one thread, can you make the last post include a link to the new thread?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm glad things are in such great shape that this is the only request I can think of!
    I always put a post at the end saying we moved to a new thread. But I have not really paid enough attention to know how to put a URL to another thread within the DealDB forums. I suppose I could figure it out. I guess when it comes to that kind of thing I am just lazy...

--jdiner

Better late than never I guess:

I have had one report of the auto-key generation on download not working. But for me I can download from 1 to 5 streams at a time, just what I was testing, without any failures on that of any kind.

What results are the rest of you seeing?
    This function works like a charm and brings a tear to my eye! Seriously though, it's working great for me. I downloaded six episodes of Sliders while I slept and they were perfect.

How's the audio transcode "normalization" coming along or have you gotten a chance to look at it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by drnull
    Meant to send this a little earlier. In GOPEditor, when making FAE cuts, I sometimes get my start cut and end cut confused. So I hit pagedown when wanting to start a cut. Then, arcade mode kicks in and I hit pageup really quick thinking "well, that's what I meant to do". I hit pageup while gopeditor is loading the GOP. When it comes back out of the FAE edit mode, it crashes. So basically, I guess just lock the inputs while reading the GOP. Or don't. It doesn't really matter. It's just one of those things people should do anyways.
    Ah... Since they use the same bit of data and most especially the data holders you found a race condition I had not thought about. Ooopps.

Yep. Forgot to set and clear the locking variables in the edit. Play had them. That is where I ran into it the most for me.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan
    If this has been addressed, sorry in advance. Is a multiple page Menu for DVD creation in the works? Putting 15+ commercial edited half hour shows on a disc makes menu inadequate. Not bad for software players since I can easily go to specific title even if I can't see title name, not so easy on Hardware player.

Does anyone know an easy way to create/edit menu created with tytool to change to multiple title pages?
    One option is to make a standard menu with tytool and go through the entire IFO set creation process then create a new menu to lay on top of the existing one. There is a way to manually make multiple tytool menus then link them together. That's something I've been working on. It's pretty awkward right now. If you want to discuss it and you feel confident with IfoEdit, I'll tell you how to do it via PM.

The current release of DVDAuthor gui is supposed to do what you ask for. I've not tried it yet. Its first release was too simplistic to be useful. The new one is supposed to be fairly good.

DVDStripper has a companion program to do menu modification. Maybe it will do what you want.

There's also a program called MenuEdit whose freeware version will do what you want. It will not, however, play nice and load existing tytool menus. After looking into the files, it looks like tytool's menu method, which is valid, is not the same as what is used on most commercial DVDs. Hopefully, this will be solved in the near future. This might also be part of the problem with some JVC players not liking tytool menus.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan
    Very nice features added! Thanks for all the excellent additions.

15+ is still a lot of them for what is there. There is at present no multi-page menu support but it is on the todo list.

For now you need to create a template that has the numbers of rows you wanted. I made one awhile back that had 24 total slots on it. 3 columns of 8 rows each. But as I mentioned it really really packed things onto the screen. So for me personally that was the top.

I have an older template around here somewhere that has 3 columns of 6 each for 18 total. Don't think I ever did one that was 3 columns of 7 although that would probably be more usable than the 3 columns of 8.

Read the included templates doc in the zip. It is easy enough to make what you want. It is just a text file. Then look at the example/sample/provided entries in the templates directory in the TyTool folder where you installed everything.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawPro
    Better late than never I guess:

This function works like a charm and brings a tear to my eye! Seriously though, it's working great for me. I downloaded six episodes of Sliders while I slept and they were perfect.

How's the audio transcode "normalization" coming along or have you gotten a chance to look at it yet?
    Not yet. That is pretty much next on the list. Rowan, the author of the transcoding code, was putting in some fixes etc... And to honest it was just a ways down for me. There were several audio things to clean up. The multi-format streams was the first one, now I get to move onto other audio options.

As for better late than never, the other things I have been working on are pretty important stuff as well. Sme of them have been on the todo list for a very very long time.

Important to remember that everyone has wants etc... and just because things aren't one of yours on the list doesn't mean it wasn't high on somebody elses.

--jdiner

Alright.For those wanting/hoping for menu upgrades to be next. I fear that they won't be. While I was digging into the code for the audio changes I got to thinking about the output TyTool is generating. I think it is time to do a bit more work there.

A few more simple audio patches come next and a quick release with the few bugs found in the last little while and then a quick release.

Which means that menu alterations are going to be pushed back a bit. I am hoping for better compatibility playback etc... with these changes. But they are going to take awhile. What I have in mind is not a simple thing to do. I basically intend to re-write the mux'ing engine pretty much from the ground up. Luckily I have learned a great deal about it so it should not be that hard to get going as there is really nothing new. I am just going to follow the "norm" that most software seems to be looking for rather than the specs which have options and whatnot that no one seems to be looking for.

It is also my hope that DVDAuthor will continue to mature a bit during that time. Scott Smith the author is working pretty hard at moving things forward but as with all software there have been growing pains.

I am open to other suggetsions but you better speak up pretty quick or I will already be into things and won't want to change...

--jdiner