Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,141 to 1,153 of 1153

Thread: TyTool 9r13 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

JBC, DrNull, Bato. What type of CPU are you using? All of my machines are AMD for cost reasons. Are any of you using INTEL brand CPUs?

We looked at OS but I have XP Pro and 2k Pro installed here and it is fine on both. What specific version of the OS are you running? XP Home? What? Maybe there really is a common denominator.
    I'm using a P4-3.0 (Hyperthreading Enabled) on an Intel based chipset motherboard (not Via, Nvidia, ALi, or SiS) with XP SP1 (all Windows Updates installed) and do a ton of FAE cuts and have never seen the blockiness.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawPro
    I'm using a P4-3.0 (Hyperthreading Enabled) ... and have never seen the blockiness.
    Well, thanks for ruining that party, outlaw! :-)

Hey, is there any verbose option or logging option or something that could be passed to mpeg2enc so we could send you our logs and compare them? Or would that be useful at all?
    Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all

Quote Originally Posted by jbc
    Yup, confirmed the Intel idea, if it matters...
    Intel P4 - Dell system (price was right)
    Win2k Sp4
    Interesting. But before I comment on that lets wait and see what a few of the others having problems have to report.

Any idea on how to do this? I launch out of the application window.
    The key is not the mpeg2enc file. The key is the cygwin1.dll file. Rename it to something that can be auto loaded and make sure it give you a warning/error about not being able to use it/load it. If not then it is getting the DLL from elsewhere. If it does then you are using the correct installations.

--jdiner

Ok. I guess we have heard from enough people then.

My best guess is that either mpeg2enc or the cygwin1.dll uses SIMD extensions for speed. While some of these are much universal between chips others are not. I would guess that there is an overflow condition on one of the CPUs.

I am guessing in this direction for a reason. What I released was what had been found by StealthDave and worked everwhere. Many that were having problems looked to a version compiled and released by Pete here on the forum. He had compiled this for his alpha or something and it had no MMX/SIMD compiled into it. And for many this solved the problem.

The reason I am thinking overflow is that it has been mentioned several times that it occurs only in certain clips and not in others. Makes me think the code crosses some boundry dealing with brightness or the sheer amount of differing pixels and the result is a the blockiness.

As for OutlawPro. The new HT chips are different enough that it is possible the MMX/SIMD engines have been redone and the problem is not occuring there. But I do believe that the difference chips/chipsets are part of the problem.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    You have another version of cygwin1.dll loaded into memory. You have a different cygwin based program running. Most commonly a bash shell for the env itself.--jdiner
    Thanks, solved that problem. (really had me going, too).

Great work..
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    What I can't for the life of me figure out is why it is different. On the same exact GOP segment I get perfectly clear beautiful output at -Q1 while some, bato most clearly, get garbage like was posted and have to change the binary.

Now given that many have sworn to the fact that they made very clearly sure to be using the same versions of everything the rest of us are seeing good output with I can only assume that it has to do with the PC or the software on it.

JBC, DrNull, Bato. What type of CPU are you using? All of my machines are AMD for cost reasons. Are any of you using INTEL brand CPUs?
    IIRC, there were some serious design flaws in certain releases of Intel CPU FPUs. Maybe that's the root of this problemo...

Also, NVidia and ATi have recently said their higher-end consumer display adapters have DCT function for encoding. There might be ways to harness that. I wonder what types of hardware capture devices might have support for "farming out" DCT...
    Last edited by FredThompson; 04-22-2004 at 02:58 PM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Also, NVidia and ATi have recently said their higher-end consumer display adapters have DCT function for encoding. There might be ways to harness that. I wonder what types of hardware capture devices might have support for "farming out" DCT...
    I can count the number of different video chipsets with this support on one hand right now I think. Its also not super powerful yet. It will be interesting to see what happens in that arena over the next year though, especially as Hi-Def capture becomes more desired.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

FWIW, I had checked another PC earlier with the same results.

This processor was a:
    x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3
    I'm not exactly sure how that compares with the p4s others have been listing.

Edit: After I located the intel CPU identifier I know it's a moble P3.
    Last edited by jbc; 04-22-2004 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    I can count the number of different video chipsets with this support on one hand right now I think. Its also not super powerful yet. It will be interesting to see what happens in that arena over the next year though, especially as Hi-Def capture becomes more desired.
    Yes, very few display adapters have this. However, there are USB encoder devices. I've got both versions of the ADS USB Instant DVD which I use to make high bitrate captures from tape before filtering and final compression. The chip in the version 2 is the same as in many standalone DVD recorders. Version 2 has locked audio, version 1 didn't and was only USB 1. However, version 1 might be found fairly cheaply on eBay or after-market suppliers like TigerDirect for around $50-$100, a lot less than a beefy display adapter. I don't think ADS still offers a good upgrade discount so there are bound to be people who would love to sell theirs.

Josh, I'm not using the V1 Instant DVD device. PM me if you'd like to play with it. I realize that moves things away from software only but it might be helpful.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Josh,

I think you misunderstood my comment about the "disk full" messages from TyTool. When that message pops up, the only options are to free up space or terminate TyTool. What if the message window had an abort button on it? You can't get to the regular abort button because the error window has precedence and will repeat itself as soon as it is closed.

Josh

Just had this for the first time ever, UK 2.5.5 TiVo, extract and make key file:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Detected Tivo Type: Standalone -> UK
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 880
    Final standardFrameLength = 864
    Final standardAudioDiff = 3240 or 00:00:00.036
    First Video PTS: 00:00:01.193
    ......... 100......... 200......... 300......... 400......... 500

......... 600......... 700......... 800......... 900......... 1000

......... 1100......... 1200......... 1300......... 1400......... 1500

......... 1600......... 1700......... 1800........Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:02.340
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 65.000000 frames.
    It is in the right range. Let's see if it lines up.
    It is in sequence. Starting back up after the 'hole'...
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:02.052
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 57.000000 frames.
    It is in sequence. Starting back up after the 'hole'...
    . 1900......... 2000

......... 2100......... 2200......... 2300......... 2400......... 2500

......... 2600......... 2700......... 2800......... 2900......... 3000

......... 3100......... 3200......... 3300......... 3400......... 3500

......... 3600......... 3700......... 3800......... 3900......... 4000

......... 4100......... 4200......... 4300......... 4400......... 4500

......... 4600......... 4700......... 4800......... 4900......... 5000

......... 5100......... 5200......... 5300......... 5400......... 5500

......... 5600......... 5700......... 5800......... 5900......... 6000

....Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:00.395
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 10.972222 frames.
    Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

DiffTime = 154.983007 (154983) == 2.583050 Minutes

total = 796786688 (759 MB)

Done with 'c:\tivo_extracting\extracts\Friday Night With Jonathan Ross-23 April-Fri-04-23-04-BBC1NW.ty'...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What's going wong here? Do I need to worry? I retried a couple of times but still the same thing comes up. I had previously asumed that this sort of thing was a DTivo only problem until it happened tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mike0151
    What's going wong here? Do I need to worry? I retried a couple of times but still the same thing comes up. I had previously asumed that this sort of thing was a DTivo only problem until it happened tonight.
    Check the FAQ.

--jdiner

Alright. Closing this thread. The new TyTool 9r14 has been released and so things needed to be cut over. Especially with more than a 1000 messages.

As requested you will find the new TyTool thread here:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=34402

--jdiner