Thread: backing up hacked tivo for dsr 704

backing up hacked tivo for dsr 704

My friend just purchased a hacked 160 gb drive for his new dsr 704 and I was wundering if I could back it up with msf tools and restore it on a new 160 gb drive and install it in a newly purcheased dsr 704 in the future. If not is this image a good start for me or not. thnaks in advance for the help

Quote Originally Posted by hotglassboy
    My friend just purchased a hacked 160 gb drive for his new dsr 704 and I was wundering if I could back it up with msf tools and restore it on a new 160 gb drive and install it in a newly purcheased dsr 704 in the future. If not is this image a good start for me or not. thnaks in advance for the help
    Just curious, where did he purchase it from and how much. Can I get one of these?

Smile

I am having a 2 for 1 special.

Price = 1 arm. You can keep the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Just curious, where did he purchase it from and how much. Can I get one of these?
    hotglassboy, if you can please show me where to get these drives, even the price is fine. I like Sleeper want to see how much these guys are ripping people off for these days.

Quote Originally Posted by vu2vu
    I am having a 2 for 1 special.

Price = 1 arm. You can keep the leg.

hotglassboy, if you can please show me where to get these drives, even the price is fine. I like Sleeper want to see how much these guys are ripping people off for these days.
    Do a search for 'HDVR2' on eBay. There are several for sale for $130 - $150.

I haven't done the creative work here that others have, so my perspective is a little different. It doesn't bother me that someone is taking the information here and selling modded systems, selling hard drives, or selling CDs. It's that instead of supporting what they sell, they send the sucker over here.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

If someone that bought one would kindky post the rc.sysinit.author file it would be greatly appreciated. I promise I will not criticize you even though your actions are frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    If someone that bought one would kindky post the rc.sysinit.author file it would be greatly appreciated. I promise I will not criticize you even though your actions are frowned upon.
    Sleeper

I understand your concern that your scripts are being used for this. Im wondering what actions are frowned upon though the posters "friend" buying the pre-hacked drive or his asking for support with it ?
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    Im wondering what actions are frowned upon though the posters "friend" buying the pre-hacked drive or his asking for support with it ?
    Actually BOTH. But I can give some latitude to the buyer because I acknowledge that some people (like a good friend of mine) could not hack a Tivo if you handed them a tork driver and a fully hacked hard drive.

The real problem (if one exists) is with the seller. The buyer just supports the seller's actions. If no one bought then the seller would be out of business.