Thread: Nero V6 and TyTool

Nero V6 and TyTool

I was wondering if anyone has tried using Nero V6 with files output by TyTool? I've Muxed the files into both MPEG and VOB format using TyTool 9r11 and have used them as inputs to Nero V6. All seems to go well until I try to burn the files to DVD. At this point I get an error that the files cannot be transcoded. I was really hoping to use the new DVD menu features of Nero to create really nice menus for my Stargate collection.

Yes

Nero v6 works fine.

I use tytool don't need to mux just use tytool with transcoding set to none and go right from ty files to vob-mux option and from vob direct to create-ifo option and then
    in nero choose dvd-video project type and drag the createed video-ts folder over and burn away.. also I recomed using the older nero 6.3.0.3 version the newer one dropped the create dvd-rom book type checkbox for me which makes the disks more compatible like store bought dvd's with my nec burner...

hope this helps..

Quote Originally Posted by sridhar_ac
    I was wondering if anyone has tried using Nero V6 with files output by TyTool? I've Muxed the files into both MPEG and VOB format using TyTool 9r11 and have used them as inputs to Nero V6. All seems to go well until I try to burn the files to DVD. At this point I get an error that the files cannot be transcoded. I was really hoping to use the new DVD menu features of Nero to create really nice menus for my Stargate collection.
    Here is the sticker, the output from tytool is notoriously hard to transcode (due to some things in tytool, though I thought they were fixed, and because of some issues in the dtv stream itself). Let me go home and try the new mux routines from tytool9r12 and see if the new mux is better accepted by nero. Also, you can create some pretty darn nice menu's with dvdauthor (included with tytool and is the tool used on the back end to make the dvd set) so you might look into that because it won't require any transcoding.

Also I will warn you that nero 6 has sketchy transcoding in the first place last time I checked (crashes and whanot). They have fixed some issues, but I still haven't gotten to trust it.

Anyways I'll reply again when I get some more info, but the short story right now is transcode the video in another application and then try to import it into nero.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by billnbell
    Nero v6 works fine.
    More clarification, nero burning rom 6 works fine as it just burns the files to disk, but requires all menus and whatnot be built outside of nero (ie with tytool itself).

Nero vision express 2 (which is part of the nero 6 ultra distribution) which allows wonderful menus and whatnot likely has problems with the .vob files and .mpg files generated by tytool because it wants to transcode everything and it probably suffers from the common issues that many transcoding engines have with dealing with tytool mpg output.
    Malfunct

Malfunct,

You hit the nail on the head. Indeed I was trying to use Nero Vision Express to create the menus for the DVD. In no way am I stuck on Nero, I'm only using the Demo version currently to see if it will work, which it seems it won't.

Are there any other tools out there that will do the job? I was thinking about downloading the demo of Ulead VideoStudio and giving it a try. I'd be extremely grateful for any information on tools that will allow me to create polished menus for my DVD's.

Transcoding error

I was having the exact same problem last night. The menus within the Nero Express 2 are very very slick. They definately stand out from the rest and look far better than the standard Tytool's menu created with you do the VOB process. I wish there was a way to use Nero's menus after I edit the file and remove all the commercials. I just want it to look good. I haven't tried the DVD author yet, I'll have to check into that. Has anyone found a work around that allows a speedy Nero Menu with the tytool edited video files?

Quote Originally Posted by Smack
    I was having the exact same problem last night. The menus within the Nero Express 2 are very very slick. They definately stand out from the rest and look far better than the standard Tytool's menu created with you do the VOB process. I wish there was a way to use Nero's menus after I edit the file and remove all the commercials. I just want it to look good. I haven't tried the DVD author yet, I'll have to check into that. Has anyone found a work around that allows a speedy Nero Menu with the tytool edited video files?
    I'm dredgin this up from the past here...

I recently got a Pioneer DVD-108 (great burner!!) so I'm now working on making DVDs. I've got all the "Lost" episodes on my computer and I"m working to put them on disk. TyTools works great (occasionally some blocky areas during FAE cuts) but overall it's wonderful. The DVD making works and looks decent but I'd like to improve on the menus. Using Nero Express I made a very cool menu (I ripped out the "Lost" logo that fades in to the screen as an .mpg) but I'm not happy with the fact that Nero Express wants to transcode everything first. Has anyone found a way around this?

What's odd is when I take a .9Gb .vob file and drag it in to Nero Express it shows up as nearly 4 gigs. I then add more and it gives me a warning about re-encoding down to "standard play". I'd like to do everything without any further encoding of the video.

Has anyone found any tips or tricks for TyTools/Nero work?
    I'd rather be a killer than a victim.

Try this process:

1. Extract and mux to an mpg file using TyTools.
    2. Edit with VideoReDo (no blockiness with FAE cuts). You can also capture frames for menu backgrounds and such. VideoReDo's Quickstream fix is performed while remuxing the edited file during the save process and fixes any timestamp issues automatically.
    3. Import edited mpg files into DVD-Lab and author the DVD with menus and chapter stops. Customize the compilation to your heart's content. Compile the DVD with DVD-Lab when finished.
    4. Burn the DVD fileset created by DVD-Lab using Nero 6 as a DVD Video project. No problems with Nero trying to transcode the files this way.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    Try this process:

1. Extract and mux to an mpg file using TyTools.
    2. Edit with VideoReDo (no blockiness with FAE cuts). You can also capture frames for menu backgrounds and such. VideoReDo's Quickstream fix is performed while remuxing the edited file during the save process and fixes any timestamp issues automatically.
    3. Import edited mpg files into DVD-Lab and author the DVD with menus and chapter stops. Customize the compilation to your heart's content. Compile the DVD with DVD-Lab when finished.
    4. Burn the DVD fileset created by DVD-Lab using Nero 6 as a DVD Video project. No problems with Nero trying to transcode the files this way.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try. I think I (maybe?) have figured out why Nero insists on transcoding. When I bring the .vob files in to DVD-Lab it warns me that they are SVCD encoded (480x480?) and may not play on some DVD players. Perhaps Nero is a stickler about his and re-encodes it to traditional DVD specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog
    What's odd is when I take a .9Gb .vob file and drag it in to Nero Express it shows up as nearly 4 gigs. I then add more and it gives me a warning about re-encoding down to "standard play". I'd like to do everything without any further encoding of the video.

Has anyone found any tips or tricks for TyTools/Nero work?
    Don't use express. Use nero burning rom (the full thing, no express at all) to create a video dvd. If all you have is express then burn a data dvd with the right bits toggled (I don't know what those are). The key is that nero need not mess with the video or the menu structure for the disk since tytool builds it all for you.
    Malfunct

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    Don't use express. Use nero burning rom (the full thing, no express at all) to create a video dvd. If all you have is express then burn a data dvd with the right bits toggled (I don't know what those are). The key is that nero need not mess with the video or the menu structure for the disk since tytool builds it all for you.
    It looks like the standard nero burning rom does not have the nifty menu building capabilities that express does. If I use the standard menu building of Tytools then standard nero works great. Much like a raccoon, I'm fascinated by shiny objects and I was hoping to add motion menus and the such to some of my disks...

Add another vote for videoredo.

It takes mpegs generated via tytools or tystudio and produces mpegs that seem to work with other tools such as tmpgenc dvd author etc without losing audio sync.

Additional functions are frame accurate editing and the ability to limit the size of GOPS for DVD conformance.

Stuff coming in the next release and already in alpha appear to be thumbnails and rudimentary advert detection.

I'm well pleased with it so far.

-- gyre --