Thread: DVDLab problems

DVDLab problems

I have the latest DVDLad (1.31 I think it is). Here is my delemia. I have tried breaking apart my DTIVO TY image multiple ways, and DVDlAb never likes them.

I always extract via MFS_FTP server and smartftp.

Wheter I use TYTool or TYStudio Editor, and break them down to elemental parts (m2v/m2a), DVDLab doesn't like the audio, says it's not a recognizeable AC3 format.

When I don't break it apart, and mux it into a single MPEG, DVDLab says it's an encrypted/encoded VOB, and it can't import it.

I can however open either scenario into ULEAD DVD Movie Studio 2 without any problems. It's just that menu creation is crap on it, and prefer the DVDLab menu creation system.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by suXor
    I have the latest DVDLad (1.31 I think it is). Here is my delemia. I have tried breaking apart my DTIVO TY image multiple ways, and DVDlAb never likes them.

I always extract via MFS_FTP server and smartftp.

Wheter I use TYTool or TYStudio Editor, and break them down to elemental parts (m2v/m2a), DVDLab doesn't like the audio, says it's not a recognizeable AC3 format.

When I don't break it apart, and mux it into a single MPEG, DVDLab says it's an encrypted/encoded VOB, and it can't import it.

I can however open either scenario into ULEAD DVD Movie Studio 2 without any problems. It's just that menu creation is crap on it, and prefer the DVDLab menu creation system.

Any ideas?
    Your problem is that the m2a is mpeg 1 layer II audio. Transcode it to wav or ac3 and dvd lab will import the elemental stream.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

What kind of Tivo are you extracting your ty files from? This is a crucial bit of info since DTivo and SA Tivo ty files are completely different.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    What kind of Tivo are you extracting your ty files from? This is a crucial bit of info since DTivo and SA Tivo ty files are completely different.
    From my first post.

I have tried breaking apart my DTIVO TY image multiple ways, and DVDlAb never likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    Your problem is that the m2a is mpeg 1 layer II audio. Transcode it to wav or ac3 and dvd lab will import the elemental stream.
    When I choose to transode to AC3 or 48000 DVD in TYStudio Editor, it never likes my closing GOP cut. I will try it in TYtool

When I choose to transode to AC3 or 48000 DVD in TYStudio Editor, it never likes my closing GOP cut. I will try it in TYtool
    Nearly none of the GOP's from a dtivo stream are closed. This is only a problem in that you are supposed to put chapter marks on closed GOP's. I think there is an option to ignore the problem in later dvd-lab versions but I don't have any experience with dvd lab.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Any ideas?
    - Download DVDlab 1.4beta2 Standard (here)
    - do not change (transcode) your audio, Dtivo records at 48000 already and most DVD players can play mpeg audio without problems.
    - Use TyTool to extract and create your mpg
    - Read this thread for other ideas with DVDlab.

I missed the part about your ty files being from a DTivo. Bato's suggestions are sound so I'd go with them (he's our resident DVD-Lab expert). I'm still using version 1.3 and it's working fine for my DTivo files. In fact, I've got it demuxing some mpegs in the background as I'm writing this.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!