Thread: noppv problems still

noppv problems still

okay i found where xpluz was runnign no ppv in the /var/hack/xpluz. i deleted it and it seems to have worked for ppv's in the 100's. i still cant for whatever reason seem to get it to work in the 500's. are they normaly not flagged for ppv?

I have the same problem, and was wondering myself....
    It sucks not being able to schedule a recording in the 590's

Try installing noppv manually and then run it from bash. It takes a minute or two to clear all the ppv flags and will need to be run about once every week to 10 days. It will allow advance scheduling of all PPV's but will only record them if you're authorized to receive them.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Ok, I guess now that I am reading this a bit closer, my problem might be a bit different.
    I actually want all the channels to behave normally, if I want to record on 107 3 hours from now, I select it now & go to the Purchase and record info page....
    This doesn't happen on the adult channels, I have to be there when it starts... I was hoping I could just make mine behave normally... It's a bit of a pain having to order over the internet if I want to record something coming on later.

You should be able to order over the internet in advance and schedule the show for recording if you run noppv as I indicated. It removes the noppv flag so you don't get the purchase and record info option but rather lets you set it up for recording in advance just like any other show. If you haven't ordered the PPV via the DTV website and have not received authorization for the show then it will either record a blank screen with a nag message or nothing at all. It may record the first few minutes and then quit. I believe this is the case for normal PPVs but probably won't happen with the 590's since it's unlikely you'll get the free 5-minute preview like with normal PPVs.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Right, that's how I do it now, I was just hoping to avoid it....
    Guess I'll just keep on the same way.....
    Thanks

there must be a way to do it via the menu. i am almost certain that it used to allow you to purchase the ppv's in the 590's in advance. perhaps it does not now, but i highly doubt it.

bump up dying thread