Thread: Getting Different Video Outputs

Getting Different Video Outputs

Just got a Hughes HNS SD DVR40 with dual Tivo. The unit has 2 video outputs and a coax out but they all display the same channel. I want to use my tv's PIP/split screen feature, so how can I set up one of those outputs to show what the 2nd internal Tivo is recording/viewing so I can watch 2 different channels using the PIP/split screen feature ?

No can do. The Tivo only decodes one signal at a time, so it can only display one. There is speculation that this will change in the future since the decoder is software based in the series 2 units and there is that unused Window button, but for now, it can't be done.

Thanks

Thanks - Does the fact it is based on the Series software mean I can gt a ntworkig feature with the 2 tuner tivo, lke in the series 2 models ?

Quote Originally Posted by dvrcane
    Thanks - Does the fact it is based on the Series software mean I can gt a ntworkig feature with the 2 tuner tivo, lke in the series 2 models ?
    wht???????
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

You'll have to hack the DVR40 using Sleeper's iso for the monte hack to add the ethernet drivers. Networking capability (i.e. USB ports) is not functional in the series 2 DirecTivo models and needs to be added.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!