lost hack dir - can someone help me transfer hack.zip while mounted in pc?
SAT-T60 running tivolater 3.1. Followed DarkWing's instructions all the way. Worked fine for two months (other than the fact that I had to always manually load tserver, but that's a seperate issue). Lost all (I assume) hacks including bash, ftp, telnet, etc. Based upon my reading of the database, I am assuming that I lost my /var/hack directory. Here are my questions:
1) I thought tivolater 3.1 (or Extreme 2.5) took care of the logs problem so I didn't have to worry about losing this directory. Should I also be running chattr? How can I tell whether or not the logs are being cleared?
2) Sorry, but I'm no Linux guru. Can someone walk me through restoring my var/hack directoty with no bash access? I am assuming that I will have to pull the drives and mount in my PC. Help please!!
look at http://tivo.stevejenkins.com, get ftp working, then transfer your backup to the tivo over your LAN. Next time, call tivoftpd from a directory other than /var so a rebuild dosen't completely hose you next time.
I had a similar problem. I ended up:
1. pulling my drive
2. booting to Sleepers Knoppix CD
3. mounting drives
4. recreating the hack directory (mkdir /var/hack)
5. copying over the files
6. chmodded files
7. replace drive, cross fingers, watch tv
I just realized this morning that all my files in the /var/hack directory are missing also. Only thing that shows up is the CRON and the XPLUSZ directories. I have an image backup made with MFS 2.0 which is a single file of my HD right after I did my 2.5.2 upgrade. I read where your 1st reply says "copy the files from your backup" via LAN. My LAN connection is still good and I copied the 2 TyServer files back. Guess my questions are: What files did I loose, what is no longer going to work, and where do I get these backup files to put back on.
Can someone comment on my original first question? I thought that either 2.5 extreme or 3.1 tivolator took care of the logs problem and that I didn't need to manually clean out the logs on a periodic basis. Was I incorrect?