Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: superpatch-67all - (for all known 6.x and 7.1x versions)

Post Superpatch-67all - (for all known 6.x and 7.x versions)

Superpatch-67all - (for all known 6.x and 7.x versions)

EDIT - 6.1 (R10) AND ALL 7.2.0-* TIVOAPPS ARE NOW SUPPORTED

Here's the superpatch for all known 6.x and 7.x tivo software versions. Please post support questions in the Superpatch-67all support thread.

NOTE: THIS SUPERPATCH IS NOT EXCLUSIVLEY MY WORK! Without the instruction, hints, and help of several others this patch would not be available. In truth, I didn't port MAJOR portions of this patch at all and in no way claim credit for their work.

I did learn a lot and used the expertise of others to change my porting techniques from simply brute force hex porting, which resulted in superpatch-4all, to porting using disassembly dumps. BUT, I'm slow and the really smart guys are much faster. With this new-found skill, I was able to port the more simple patches but you probably won't see a port from me alone until I get much faster!

WHAT IT DOES

Superpatch-67all enables Home Media Option(HMO/Music and Photos) and Multi-Room Viewing(MRV) for any supported tivo on which it is applied.

WHO NEEDS IT
    It is necessary to enable HMO/MRV, using this patch, on DTivos running 6.x because this capability isn't provided with 6.x software versions nor is it available as a paid service.

All SA tivos have the HMO/MRV service available with a proper (i.e, not BASIC) service level. SA tivo owners only require superpatch-67all if:

1. You want to MRV unencrypted video that was recorded using the NoCSO (record video unencrypted for later extraction) patch.
    2. You want to MRV with other DTivos NOT IN YOUR GROUP CERT, like DTivos running 4.x or 6.x

You can find out more about what exactly, HMO and MRV services are at TiVo.com.

Superpatch-67all checks your tivo software version and patches any 6.x, or 7.x, tivo software version appropriately using 'selectively kill blowfish' patch locations and, in addition, will allow SA tivo owners to continue to call in for guide updates.

Hopefully, this will result in there being only one superpatch that is easily applied. This should also cut down on all the typing errors when users are referring to their tivoapp version.

REQUIREMENTS

6.x
    You must run the set_mrv_name_67.tcl in order to name your tivo.
    7.x
    You must be subscribed to tivo service. HMO/MRV is not a part of 'basic' tivo service and this patch will not enable HMO/MRV on the machines with the tivo 'basic' service level. You must enable the higher levels of service at TiVo.com and name your tivo for MRV there.

Enabling service/naming your tivo at TiVo.com will allow your tivo to receive the appropriate group certification keys (MRV_*) which will name your tivo's and 'set_mrv_name' script not is required. In fact, if you run it it'll replace your good keys and MRV won't work. Keep in mind that you may have to force a daily call in order to download the MRV keys before MRV will work and other tivos will appear in your NowShowing list.

CUSTOMIZATION

I've included 2 non-HMO/MRV related patches: 30-second skip and backdoors.

You may remove these patches prior to running superpatch-67all by deleting them. The patches are on their own line at the beginning of each respective array.

USAGE

This file:
    1. Checks your tivoapp version and that it's original
    2. Patches a copy or your original tivoapp
    2. Backs up your running tivoapp to /tvbin/tivoapp.original
    3. Replaces your running tivoapp; YOU MUST REBOOT
    4. Leaves your original (before running the patch) tivoapp at /tvbin/tivoapp.original.

For each tivo on which you want to enable HMO/MRV, all that is required is to... change to the directory containing superpatch-67all, and run it with:

./superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl

...with a stock unmodified tivoapp in /tvbin

I know experienced users don't need all this backing up and copying done for them but thought it might cut down on support requirements.
    Just in case I've confused anyone less experienced, you don't need to copy your tivoapp anywhere. Just ensure that an un-modified tivoapp is located in /tvbin and run the patch. If your tivoapp isn't stock (never changed) it'll stop. If your tivoapp has already been patched, it'll say so, and stop.

After running superpatch-67all on each tivo on which you want to HMO, MRV etc., you'll be instructed via the program output on what to do next.

6.x users
    You MUST run the included set_mrv_name_67.tcl, updated by alldeadhomiez , to set up for MRV. This gives your tivo a 'name' for multi-room viewing.

./set_mrv_name_67.tcl yourtivoname
    where 'yourtivoname' is the name you select for the tivo to use with MRV.

7.x users
    You MUST name your tivo on TiVo.com. Also, you'll need to enable MRV if it's not already included with your tivo service.

KNOWN ISSUES

6.x
    - 6.1 (R10) tivoapps are not supported. May be supported in a future release.
    [EDIT] - It's the future , and 6.1 (R10) tivoapps are supported in the '1.1' release.

- Network settings screen not accessible. May be supported in a future release.
    -'Search by Title (Demo)' menu item under PickPrograms. May be removed in a future release.

7.x
    -Tivoapp 7.1 is not supported. During the porting of this superpatch several new minor tivo software updates were released. SA TiVo's are all being updated to 7.2.0-* and this negates the need to port for 7.1. All other known 7.x tivoapps are supported.

[Note:] You can't MRV between hacked(recording unscrambled) and unhacked(recording scrambled) tivos.

NutKase

Previous File Data:
    superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.0.zip (8.2 KB, 3522 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-17-2005 at 09:42 PM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl
    ported by NutKase, et al
    (C) 05/08/2005
    ---------------------------
    The zip should contain 3 files:

superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl : tcl script
    superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.txt : this file
    set_mrv_name_67.tcl : set_mrv_name updated by alldeadhomiez. Used with permission and only to be used if you have a DTivo with TiVo software version 6.x.

---------------------------------
    Thanks to everyone, especially alldeadhomiez, rc3105, Capableperson66,
    those heavy-lifters unnamed, and everyone who'll test this.

Currently supports tivoapps from software versions 7.1a-01, 7.1b-01, 7.2.0-* and DTivo version 6.1, and 6.2.

Thanks to:
    -7.1 - for the patch ports to 7.2.0-*
    -jkozee - for the port to 6.1.

Legal:
    --------------------------------
    ###################################################################################################
    #
    # TERMS OF USE
    #
    # -superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl IS PROVIDED AS-IS
    # AND DOES NOT CARRY ANY IMPLIED OR EXPLICIT WARRANTY.
    #
    # -superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl IS FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY.
    # -YOU MUST BACKUP YOUR UNIT BEFORE USING THIS SCRIPT
    # AS IT MAY DAMAGE YOUR TIVO BEYOND REPAIR
    #
    #
    # -SALE OF ANY DRIVE OR WHOLE UNIT MODIFIED WITH THIS SOFTWARE IS PROHIBITED
    # -USE OF THIS SOFTWARE FOR PROFIT IS PROHIBITED
    # -INDIVIDUALS IN VIOLATION OF THE TERMS LISTED ABOVE
    # WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW
    #
    #
    ###################################################################################################

INFO:
    ---------------------------------
    This script will apply the HMO superpatch, MRV, NoCSO unscrambling, 30-second skip and backdoors patches to all known 7.x and 6.x tivoapps. Read the superpatch-67all support thread, for help with questions.

YOU NEED THIS PATCH, if you want HMO/MRV on your DTivo, running tivo software version 6.x , or you want to HMO/MRV with your SUBSCRIBED StandAlone (SA) tivo, running 7.x while using UNencrypted video.

Subscribed SA owners running the 7.x tivo software versions, who want to MRV with a DTivo running 4.x or 6.x tivo software versions ALSO NEED TO RUN THIS PATCH because the other DTivos won't be in your group cert.

YOU DO NOT NEED ANY OTHER PATCH to unscramble video, enable HMO, etc. Any superpatch-67all release will support all 6.x and 7.x tivo software versions on ANY S2 (DTivo or SA) TiVo.

This script has been tested on Series 2 Tivos/DTivos running 7.1a-01, 7.1a-02, 7.1b. 7.2.0-oth and 6.2x tivo software versions. Continue reading the support thread for updated info.

If you encounter a 7.x or 6.x tivo software version that I haven't listed please report it.

I've bundled set_mrv_name_67.tcl with this release. Only 6.x users need to run this file. If your TiVo software version is 7.x YOU DO NOT NEED IT AND YOU WILL KILL YOUR TIVO IF YOU USE IT.

NEW IN THIS VERSION:
    -----------------------------------
    Well, the ability to superpatch the tivo software versions listed .

INSTALLATION:
    -----------------------------------
    SUPERPATCH-67ALL, MUST BE APPLIED ON A RUNNING TIVO. IOW, don't attempt to apply this patch while the tivo drive is still in your computer.

Extract the files and send them over to the TiVo in your favorite binary way... (use ftp, etc.)

Change to the directory containing superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl with:
    cd /path/to/superpatch

Make the files executable, if they're not already, with:
    chmod 755 superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl
    chmod 755 set_mrv_name_67.tcl

Then run the patch with:
    ./superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl

For DTivo owners with 6.x ONLY!
    Apply the set_mrv_name_67.tcl script, if you are a DTivo owner with TiVo software version 6.x, use:

./set_mrv_name_67.tcl yourtivoname
    (set 'yourtivoname' equal to what you want to see on another tivo's NowShowing/Playing screen.)

For SA tivo owners, DO NOT RUN set_mrv_name_67.tcl, instead
    (Log onto TiVo.com and set 'yourtivoname' equal to what you want to see on another tivo's NowShowing/Playing screen.)

Reboot your tivo with:
    reboot

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-20-2005 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Released superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

For more information on what this patch is and how it evolved read the following links.

The original superpatch was posted by CapablePerson66. For DTivo owners only.

The expanded HISTORY SECTION in the Superpatch-4all release thread traces the evolution of the superpatch. It details my porting of the 'selective blowfish encryption killing locations' posted by rc3105, and my porting of the patch for all 4.x tivo software versions.

The Superpatch-4all - (Support) thread provides detail on several users' problems using/applying a superpatch.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 05-09-2005 at 03:54 AM.
    Fully hacked SA S1

Reserved 3
    Fully hacked SA S1

superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.2

With the permission of NutKase, I'm posting an updated superpatch-67all that now includes support for 7.2.2-oth, 7.2.2-tak, 7.2.2b-oth and 7.2.2b-tak. Thanks go to 7.1 and iwantmydtvnow for contributing these ports.
    Attached Files Attached Files

On a Mac OS X.4

I'm new to all this and can't figure out how to connect to my TiVo manually as a Server in order to transfer these files. I know the IP, but my mac can't find it with AFP or FTP. I have an Airport Network and a Cable Modem. I'd appreciate your help.

The unabashed newbie....

Thumbs up

Super iPod Video Converter 3.5
    Super iPod Video Converter automatically converts almost all formats of video files that are already on your computer (.mpg, .avi, .asf, etc.) into a format that's compatible with the video iPod, that is, iPod mp4 format.
    Super iPod Video Converter is a professional video to iPod converter software. Super iPod Video Converter supports for the latest industry standards. Its standards-based encoding algorithm ensures that the videos you create have best quality, and video conversion has never been easier or more cost-effective. Its conversion speed is 3 times of the playback speed, even faster than real-time.

Super iPod Video Converter is the most powerful Video to iPod converter software. Super iPod Video Converter automatically converts almost all formats of video files that are already on your computer (.mpg, .avi, .asf, etc.) into a format that's compatible with the video iPod, that is, iPod mp4 format.

Super iPod Video Converter is the easiest video to iPod converter software. This user-friendly software is so easy to use that just a few clicks completes the task of converting a video to iPod! Super iPod Video Converter automatically detects your hardware configuration and decide an optimized conversion scheme. Its preview display enables you to observe the whole converting process, making the waiting time enjoyable! Another function is that you may pause converting process any time and the converted part won't be lost. This is especially useful when you have to stop for another job.
    http://www.qweas.com/download/video_..._converter.htm
    Are you iPod fans? Do you always carry your MP4 player out? Or is it difficult to find proper and professional website to download MP4 freely? Once using Super iPod Video Converter, you won't worry about those problems.

Super iPod Video Converter is specially designed for iPod or MP4 player fans. It adopts the lastest industry standards which ensures the best video quality. This software is intelligent designed for its auto-detect function, which is automatically detecting your hardware and decide the best converting speed.

Super iPod Video Converter has full format setting which enables you to change movie property including frame rate, video/audio bitrate, screen size, etc. Finally, it's very easy to use. Personally I think, it's a piece of wonderful iPod converter software, and you'd better take and try to experience its efficiency and quality.

That's great guys but this is not a discussion thread. Kindly post your questions in the discussion forums and not in a forum that's reserved strictly for posting new files. Next time read the forum title before picking the first one you see.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    With the permission of NutKase, I'm posting an updated superpatch-67all that now includes support for 7.2.2-oth, 7.2.2-tak, 7.2.2b-oth and 7.2.2b-tak. Thanks go to 7.1 and iwantmydtvnow for contributing these ports.
    Is there a release of superpatch for 6.3b? What is the full name, if available.
    If not available, can I enable HMO/MRV on 6.3b Dtivo? (HR10_250)

Quote Originally Posted by captain_reef View Post
    Is there a release of superpatch for 6.3b? What is the full name, if available.
    If not available, can I enable HMO/MRV on 6.3b Dtivo? (HR10_250)
    Check the last page of the Superpatch support thread specifically this post. You'll have to patch the 1.2 release file with that diff. FYI - MRV is not possible with any 6.3 release but HMO/HME is. For more info, see the 6.3 Collected Info thread.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

I am having trouble installing superpatch on my Tivo

I have a Phillips DSR-704 that I upgraded using Instacake & PTVnet (the proper version for that unit)

Now when I try to install Superpatch, I get this:

superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.2.tcl
    (C) 05/08/2005 by NutKase, et al - COMMERCIAL USE PROHIBITED

Credit goes to CapablePerson66, rc3105, and others who wish to
    remain anonymous. We thank ESPECIALLY alldeadhomiez for his time and knowledge.

All errors are the fault of Anonymous :-) .

Your TiVo Software version is 6.2a-01-2-301
    Please write down your TiVo Software version.

Error: Version 6.2a-01-2-301 is not supported.

How do I get this to work? I've tried ver. 1.1 and 1.2 and no luck. Same message. Need a bit of advice here.
    Last edited by cozdabuch; 04-29-2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot something

Versions 1.1 and 1.2 don't support 6.2a. You need to patch 1.2 for 6.2a support. See the SUPPORT THREAD here > http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43326
    Don't post support questions in the files forum. Use the aforementioned thread for questions.

Superpatch

I have a SD-DVR40 running 6.4a with PTVnet. I'd like to archive the recordings in a viewable form. If I instal Superpatch on the unit:
    1) Will the existing recordings be unwrapped or remain encoded?
    2) If the existing recordings remain wrapped will I still be able to watch them on the Tivo?
    Last edited by georgehall; 01-20-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgehall View Post
    1) Will the existing recordings be unwrapped or remain encoded?
    2) If the existing recordings remain wrapped will I still be able to watch them on the Tivo?
    Questions really belong over in the support forum, so i'm going to make this really short. Anything encrypted or not will still be viewable after the patch, it just disables encryption for new recordings.

Huy! Nice work. I'll see what i can get out from it. Thanks