Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (deprecated) TivoWebPlus - Upgrade development and posting

I just posted an updated version of What's On that adds a "Top Favourites" selection and adds a checkbox to only show new episodes (thanks for the idea Sanderton!). The module works with TWP and TW, though the thumbs icons aren't clickable in TWP until the thumbs code is added in the next release of TWP. See my website for more details.
    Latest versions of my TiVoWeb modules: Now Playing with Folders and Sort; What's On; Show series conflicts; Showcase; Sky red dot remover etc are here.

Quote Originally Posted by LJay
    I just posted an updated version of What's On...
    Very cool. I 've added /var/hack/favchan to the list of files that can be edited by hackman from TivoWeb(Plus) and it will be out in the next beta release.

Thank you for your work!
    Last edited by PortlandPaw; 05-02-2004 at 08:17 PM. Reason: typo!
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

"Recording History" Filtering

Here's a new version of ui.itcl (built from the stock ui.itcl in TWP1.0F) that can be used to filters out entries that appear in the "Recording History". Also included is a new httpd-tt.tcl and tivoweb.cfg, needed to make the filtering configurable.

The deafult filter is set as a variable in tivoweb.cfg. See the included README for details.

There is also a GUI for editing the filter on the fly. It should be pretty self-explanatory.

By default, filtering is disabled.

As explained in the readme, I recommend setting the variable "Filter" in tivoweb.cfg to ",2,12,16,33,alt,". This will filter out all Duplicates, Deleted shows, Cancelled season passes, "MaxShowingsNowPlaying", and any resolved conflicts.

Basically, this turns the "Recording History" into a list of things that won't be recorded, that you actually have a pretty good chance of wanting recorded. (Without this filtering, my "Recording History" is littered with "conflicts" that the TiVO already resolved, and other entries I don't care about, like "duplicates'.)

There are 2 main things that could be done to improve this:

First, it might be nice to have an option to save the current filter out to tivoweb.cfg. With PortlandPaw's Hackman available though, I'm not sure I see a pressing need to implement this.

Next, it could probably be more efficient. As is, the "filtering" is done at the printing step, meaning that the TiVo has wasted at least some processing power getting ready to print items that won't be printed.

Please let me know what you think. I'm definitely open to improvements, suggestions, patches, etc.

Note: When installing for the first time, it will not be enough to perform a "Full" or "Quick" reload of Tivoweb. You must quit it and then restart it, since httpd-tt.tcl has been changed.

Edit: New version 2.2 is available. A few minor changes to the way filters are applied (after applying a filter, you're now automatically taken back to the Recording History list if that's where you were). Also additions to the Readme, and a new filtering reason available in the GUI. You can see the Version History in the Readme for more info. Thanks to those who have tried this out.
    Last edited by lenroc; 05-17-2004 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Version 2.2

I like the idea and have also felt that "Recording History" was a bit too verbose with more information than I need.

You can save yourself a little work by allowing my hackman to edit your config file. I'll be happy to add the necessary info to my config file. Or you can borrow the code from hackman (it's been borrowed before from others!) and internalize your config editor.

As for modifying other lists, I don't feel as strong a need for this feature as for the modified "Recording History," but I can see where some might at times.

I look forward to playing with your effort. Thank you for your contribution.

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPaw
    You can save yourself a little work by allowing my hackman to edit your config file. I'll be happy to add the necessary info to my config file. Or you can borrow the code from hackman (it's been borrowed before from others!) and internalize your config editor.

Nice, thanks. I had planned to see if anyone had a module for editing config files... that saved me from even having to look!

Now all I need to do is think of a good time to read in the config. I guess I could just read the config at Tivoweb startup. Then, if the user uses the Module/GUI to change the filtering config, maybe the module could write the new config to disk and also update the filtering variables... that wouldn't be too hard.

Edit: This is done now. The filtering is set in tivoweb.cfg, which Hackman can edit directly, AFAIK. (Haven't tried that part of it yet.) Still no "on the fly" filtering though.

As for modifying other lists, I don't feel as strong a need for this feature as for the modified "Recording History," but I can see where some might at times.
    True, not a big priority for me either. I figured it would be easy and somewhat helpful to some.
    Last edited by lenroc; 05-15-2004 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lenroc
    Edit: Please let me know what you think. I'm definitely open to improvements or suggestions.
    I can't get this to work on a Series 2 DirecTiVo. I've put httpd-tt.tcl in /tivoweb-tcl, ui.itcl in tivoweb-tcl/modules, and added the Filter line to the end of my tivoweb.cfg. After a full reload, I get this error message when clicking on 'Show All Future Recording History':

Code:
     INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_history '/list/future' ''
    can't read "filter": no such variable
        while executing
    "string last ",alt," $filter"
        ("uplevel" body line 51)
        invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
        invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Recording/History" "" {
        set alt ""
        set recdate [split $name ":"]
        regsub {^(-?)0+([1-9])} [lindex $recdate ..."
        (procedure "::action_history" line 70)
        invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
        ("eval" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by DPlatt
    I can't get this to work on a Series 2 DirecTiVo. I've put httpd-tt.tcl in /tivoweb-tcl, ui.itcl in tivoweb-tcl/modules, and added the Filter line to the end of my tivoweb.cfg. After a full reload, I get this error message when clicking on 'Show All Future Recording History':

Code:
     INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_history '/list/future' ''
    can't read "filter": no such variable
    $filter is initialized as a global variable in the new httpd-tt.tcl, so since it's not initialized in your case, I can only assume that the new httpd-tt.tcl was not used.

It will probably take more than a Full Reload when installing for the first time, since httpd-tt.tcl was replaced. Try quitting tivoweb and restarting, and that should (hopefully) fix it.

If you have already tried a "cold" restart of Tivoweb, please let me know what you see when you start it via "tivoweb console"

Edit: New version ready to go. It has nothing to do with DPlatt's problem, just I don't see a reason for a new post in this thread.

The new version features live $filter updating using a UI. Only thing missing is the ability to save the filter as the default, but I don't see a pressing need for that as HackMan can be used to edit the tivoweb.cfg, which now houses the default filter. See above .
    Last edited by lenroc; 05-17-2004 at 04:19 AM. Reason: New version announced

Nice work, Lenroc! One little addition to your readme that might simplify this for people -- HackMan has a feature that allows you to stop TivoWebPlus and then restart it. If you do this, your new ui comes up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lenroc
    It will probably take more than a Full Reload when installing for the first time, since httpd-tt.tcl was replaced. Try quitting tivoweb and restarting, and that should (hopefully) fix it.
    That did indeed do the trick. Thanks!

Nice addition!

My setup generated lots of code 29 (MaxRecordingsExceeded), so you might want to add that to the checkboxes for the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DPlatt
    That did indeed do the trick. Thanks!
    *whew* I'm glad it works now

I would've been quite stumped if that hadn't fixed it.

One little addition to your readme that might simplify this for people -- HackMan has a feature that allows you to stop TivoWebPlus and then restart it. If you do this, your new ui comes up just fine.
    Ok. The readme now reflects this. I hope it's at least somewhat clear.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT
    My setup generated lots of code 29 (MaxRecordingsExceeded), so you might want to add that to the checkboxes for the next guy.
    Thanks! I added this to 2.2. I appreciate you giving me the code as well as the reason. Makes it really easy to add

New version 2.2 is now in my original post, above.

Hackman Version 1.0

The latest version of hackman has been downloaded well over a hundred times and I haven't heard any further complaints or bug reports. So I think it's time to move out of the beta phase, declare the project finished (for now) and designate the latest release as Version 1.0.

I would submit hackman as a worthy addition to the next tivowebplus release.
    Last edited by PortlandPaw; 05-23-2004 at 08:13 PM.

Latest development code

Is there any place the latest development code is available, or is everybody maintaining their own tree separately? It seems like this would be a good job for Sourceforge. I could set up a project there, starting by importing the 1.0 final tarball into CVS. But I don't want to step on any toes if someone else is acting as the maintainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobius
    Is there any place the latest development code is available, or is everybody maintaining their own tree separately? It seems like this would be a good job for Sourceforge. I could set up a project there, starting by importing the 1.0 final tarball into CVS. But I don't want to step on any toes if someone else is acting as the maintainer.
    there is no main repository, but all the source is included, and most of tivoweb is just tcl scripts anyway. CVS would be an ideal tool, but noone has gotten around to setting something up
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    there is no main repository, but all the source is included, and most of tivoweb is just tcl scripts anyway. CVS would be an ideal tool, but noone has gotten around to setting something up
    OK, I just submitted a project request to SourceForge. They'll review it in the next few days, and I'll report back here when they do. I'll be happy to handle any administration that's needed, or to hand it off if somebody else wants the job.