Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (deprecated) TivoWebPlus - Upgrade development and posting

Sourceforge CVS is up

The project is tivowebplus at cvs.sourceforge.net. So far I've only imported the tree from the 1.0 tarball. I haven't copied any of the "release" files (tar.gz or tpm) from the http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp/ site; the project is really only good for CVS right now.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tivowebplus/

Follow the CVS links, and click on my name to send me a message if you'd like to be an admin or developer.

patch to add support for OTA channels on HD TiVo

Here's a diff to tivowebplus 1.0 that adds support for OTA stations on the HD TiVo. As far as I can tell, this patch should work fine on non-HD TiVos as well (I don't think it'll do anything noticeable there), but I can't promise it works properly on anything except a 3.1.5 HD box and a 2.5.2 SD box.

The only potential source of incompatibility with some older OS might be that I replaced part of the channel numbering code with a call to TiVo's built in ReadableChannelNum from dumpobj.tcl. I'm assuming this routine exists in every verison supported by tivoweb, but I can't check them all.

Enjoy.

small update to my HR10-250 patch

I missed a couple of spots where I needed to reformat the channel number to get the DTV subchannels looking right. Here's a fresh version of the patch. Nothing major changed, just making the displays consistent everywhere.

Cool Delete multiple logs w/o hitting back button

This mod will cause logs.itcl to re-display the list of log filename instead viewing the newly deleted log when you click on a delete log link.

This way you can delete multiple logs with out having to hit the back key each time. You will know the log is deleted becuase it's size will change to 43 bytes.

In logs.itcl just after line 24 "close $logfile" add this line
    set path ""

It's not a big deal, but I like it.

FYI -- random reboots

this thread on silicondust may be of intrest to TiVoWebPlus developers:

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/vie...t=432&start=25

New hackman release

Version 1.1 update includes support for EndPadPlus, elseed, and ccxstream as well as ability to set permissions for the TiVo root directory to read/write and back to read-only.
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

thanks for the diff aos... one update..

in whatson.itcl on line 178 you have to change -integer to -real or else the whaston module won't list OTA channels and it will just crap out on the first one it comes across...

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by borghe
    in whatson.itcl on line 178 you have to change -integer to -real or else the whaston module won't list OTA channels and it will just crap out on the first one it comes across...
    Good call. I don't use whatson, so I hadn't noticed.

Attached is the third revision of this patch. Changes to this revision:

- Logos stuff fixed. (I think. I have no logos, so I can't verify. Could someone check for me, and if it's still broken, perhaps figure out what's wrong?)
    - Whatson fixed.
    - One string comparison replaced with a math comparison. Probably saves three CPU cycles at startup. :-)

Please note this diff is vs an unpatched twp 1.0, not vs the previous patch.

-andrew

At the risk of getting this thread off track, I'd like to report a problem that has several people scratching their heads and wondering if the info module is broken due to some kind of changes TiVo may have made in their guide data.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=36189

I just want to be sure that the TivoWebPlus team is aware of what's happening with info.

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

It turns out that the problem is a corrupt mfs record in /Recording/InProgress which can be fixed by putting a couple of catch statements in the info module, which I posted here.

OTA HD channels - modules

Just to save you all some time, here are the module modificaitons for OTA channels. I've also included backup.itcl modified for this.

I can confirm this works with all the logo functions on the HD Tivo as well.
    Tivo since '99, DirecTV since '96, Comcast since '06, FiOS TV '07!

3 x S2 DT
    2 x S3 w/ 2xCCs and 1.5TB each
    2 x TivoHD w/ 2xCCs and 1TB each

Sony Black Pearl on 110" Stewart FHG3

Here's an updated version of my "Filter" modification that works with TWP 1.1_pre2.

I tried to make a patchfile (using diff -uR), but I had problems applying the patch using 'patch'. Either I don't know how to make patches, or I don't know how to use them, so the end result is that I'm posting a zip of the modified files instead. Sorry to all :-P

Please note I have not had time to do extensive testing yet. I did fire it up to make sure it filtered as expected, but haven't checked anything else. As with anything else in this thread, using this is pretty much expected to break your install of TWP (Or at least I have to say that...)

Enjoy.

For anyone interested, I've included a .txt file that are the contents of my patch file (which, again, I couldn't get to work for me, though applying the modifications in it by hand did work...)

Edit: I realized that at least one of the problems with my patchfile was that I used 'diff' to compare the 'Sort-enabled' TWP1.0 Final to 'stock' TWP1.1_pre2 (that's how I found the modifications I made to stock TWP1.0...). This new version of the diff file is Stock 1.1_pre2 against 'Sort-enabled' 1.1_pre2, so it should work better. Only, it still doesn't work for me when I try to use 'patch' to apply it. Oh well.
    Last edited by lenroc; 01-07-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    Questions? Problems?
    1. How to avoid asking needless questions
    2. How to ask smart questions

"... and this is your computer on drugs. Any questions?"

Enhancements to UI

I've modified the version posted by lenroc (which added the ultra-useful filtering) to also include the following enhancements:
    1) "Upcoming Showings" now only lists programs from "Channels I Receive". The unusable listings just cluttered up the list (in my opinion).
    2) Added more choices to the "Start Recording" and "End Recording" listboxes. When football games overlap (like on Saturday) I sometimes need to schedule a game to begin recording an hour late, to let an earlier game finish (since the end is what counts anyway)
    3) Added option for "10 episodes" to Keep At Most (Season Pass Edit)
    4) An option to display the original showing date and episode description directly on the page with the episode name (see attached screenshot). This is the same info that is shown in the "hover" without needing to hover. Since not everyone may appreciate this feature, you need to turn it on by adding a "DescriptionShow = 1" line to your tivoweb.cfg file (or use my included one). You might also want to set DescriptionHover=0.
    5) Added changes included earlier in this thread by didolgi (incorrect slotfree icons) and cheezmo (handle blank DeletionTime)
    6) Changed "channel" page to include current Favorite and Receive flags, the SignalType, and to show channel text, satellite and transponder details (if available). See screenshot. Note that this necessitated including my revision to index.itcl (see ChannelPrefs thread for details).
    7) Added a few missing episode descriptions (such as conflicts)
    8) cosmetic enhancements to spacing, tables, etc.
    9) added mfs object links to showing detail page

To install, copy httpd-tt.tcl into your main tivowebplus directory (after saving a copy of the original), then copy ui.itcl and index.itcl into your modules subdirectory (likewise). Then add "DescriptionShow = 1" line to your tivoweb.cfg file.
    Quit and restart TWP (I don't think a Full Restart is enough.)

I hope you find this useful. I'd be interested in any feedback.
    Last edited by SteveT; 07-08-2005 at 09:36 PM. Reason: updated to 9, which support 6.2
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

More enhancements to ui.itcl

I have updated the attachments and change list in the previous post to reflect a few more fixes/enhancements.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

SignalType added to Channel page

I had to modify index.itcl to add SignalType to ChannelPrefs, so I have also updated Channel page in the ui.itcl I posted two posts back. See screenshot.

I pulled the SignalType descriptions from tvlib/tcl/tv/DbEnum.tcl on my box, but I would suspect that newer models may have more entries. I'd appreciate someone with a new model letting me know if there are any I need to add. Here's what I have now: Rooftop=1 Cable=2 DBS=3 ATSC=4 CableBox=5 DirecTV=6.