Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: (deprecated) TivoWebPlus - Upgrade development and posting

folders.itcl

Quote Originally Posted by captainjrl
    Forgive me if this is the wrong thread but....

Is there any plans to add the "folder" funcitonality like on 4.0 on the Tivo box on the TivoWebPlus Interface? I have no idea how hard it would be, but I think it would be a nice feature.
    There is a module for TWP to do this. Look around here.

Another patch for add-theme-sp (wishlists.itcl)

In a previous post I corrected the priority count in the add-theme-sp function. The following is another modification that removes priority gaps (created by season passes being deleted) before adding the new entry. This mirrors the process that the TiVo software follows when performing the same task.

Code:
    proc action_add-theme-sp {chan path env} {
      global db
      global seasonpassdir

eval $env

#===================================================================
      # Correct any gaps in the priorities.  When you delete a SeasonPass
      # it creates a gap, so we need to shuffle all the trailing entries
      # to remove the gap, before adding the new one.  This is the same
      # process the TiVo software follows.
      set priority 0
      ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $seasonpassdir "" 20 {
        set sp [db $db openid $fsid]
        set type [defaultval 1 [dbobj $sp get Type]]
        set rprio [lindex [split $name "~"] 0]
        regsub {^0+(.+)} $rprio {\1} rprio
        if {$rprio != $priority} {
          dbobj $sp set Priority $priority
        }
        incr priority
      }

set fsid "0"
      RetryTransaction {
        set themeob [db $db openid $id]
        if {[string length $themeob]> 0} {
          set sp [db $db create SeasonPass]
          dbobj $sp set Theme $themeob
          dbobj $sp set Type 3
          dbobj $sp set MaxRecordings 5
          dbobj $sp set Priority [mfs scancount $seasonpassdir]
          set fsid [dbobj $sp fsid]

event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED $TmkDataChanged::SEASON_PASS $fsid
        }
      }

if {$fsid > 0} {
        action_editseasonpass $chan "/$fsid" $env
      }
    }

updated ui.itcl for 6.2

I've updated my modifications to ui.itcl to support 6.2. The new version is in the attachment on the original post.
    See that post for details. Everything that worked prior to 6.2 should still work. If not, post here with details of any problems.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT
    I've updated my modifications to ui.itcl to support 6.2. The new version is in the attachment on the original post {post #43, above, in this same thread - Gromit}.
    See that post for details. ...
    Steve, is your version based on a different branch from rbautch's that he posted in this thread: TivoWebPlus v1.1 Development and Testing (his file in post #165, latest changes mentioned in post #182). Have you looked at the changes he made?

(I'm posting this as much to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to that other thread as I am to ask the question. And why didn't/don't you put yours in the TWP 1.1 thread?)

After testing briefly, one thing I've noticed is that I'm able to do the "User Interface/ToDo" function on your version, but not his. I'm runing v6.2 on a SD-DVR40 upgraded to 160GB, hacked with the killhdinitrd'd 3.1.5 kernel.

BTW, great job! Thanks!!
    Last edited by Gromit; 07-25-2005 at 01:48 AM. Reason: fixed #165 link to show whole thread, not just single post

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit
    Steve, is your version based on a different branch from rbautch's that he posted in this thread:<snip>Have you looked at the changes he made?<snip>
    I think the one rbautch started with is the same code without lenroc's filtering or my tweaks. I think the only change rbautch made was to comment out the "event send" commands which do not work at 6.2. I did not look closely at his version, since I really like having the descriptions as oart of the list. The only new change I made was to conditionally skip those same commands if version < 6. (so the same code would work for previous versions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit
    And why didn't/don't you put yours in the TWP 1.1 thread?)
    I cannot remember why now, but it seemed to be the best place to put it at the time.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

twp and 7.1 patches collected?

I have a TCD540 with 7.1b and I have downloaded twp 1.1pre2. It doesn't work out of the box; I have made a few changes as found in the 6.2 support thread and elsewhere, and now some parts of it work. As reported by others, some functions don't work, and some functions (add season pass, for example) appear to fail, but really do work.

I found a twp project on sourceforge, but that appears to be a stub site, with no actual content. I found a zipfile with some updates lying around the forum here. The changes for 7.1 I have found are scattered around the forum, and not very clean. What I mean by "not very clean" is that, for example, we must comment out the reference to "pool" early in initialization. It seems like it would be better to test $::version instead of commenting it out, but ::version is not set until much later in the initialization.

I would like to volunteer to make the required 7.1 changes, but I can't find the "canonical" place to do the updates. Where can I sign up?
    Last edited by davidlallen; 08-01-2005 at 08:26 PM.
    1. Homegrown SFF home theater PC
    2. TCD 540 7.1b, prom mod, tivowebplus 1.2 coordinator, tyshow

This ui.itcl mod adds the following features, and is based on tivowebplus 1.2 final:
    -It enhances the "ToDo" list to show you which recordings are New, as opposed to repeats.
    -It enhances the "ToDo" list to pre-check non-new shows for deletion.

If you micro-manage your tivo like I do, this saves a lot of time when pruning down the ToDo list.

I've included the full ui.itcl as well as the diff from the original.

Have fun!
    BoB

Wap

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    Is this the spot for feature requests?

One of the spin-offs of TW was the version which could also serve pages as a WAP server for viewing on mobile phones.

http://members.shaw.ca/iown/tivoweb-wml-beta2.tar.gz

Incorporating that code into TWP would be very nice!
    Does anyone still have access to this code? I would be interested in experimenting some with this as I have a PDA that I use. I'd like to try this to view Wireless streams.

How to get rid of Episode Title

I discovered that when I change a program from is an 'Episode' to 'Not an Episode' the TiVo doesn't treat it appropriately. This is particularly annoying when the decription comes up, because the Title appears in large print across the top of the screen, and also in quotes at the beginning of the program desription. Ok, so my trivial anal-retentive side is coming through... but this bug drove me kindof crazy.

Replacing the episode title with an emty string didn't solve the problem. The 'episodetitle' data had to be removed. Easy enough by adding a few lines under 'proc updaterec'

Code:
    proc updaterec { id newtitle neweptitle newdesc newexpsecs newseltype newactorstr newgueststarstr newdirectorstr newexecproducerstr newproducerstr newwriterstr neworigairdate newepisodenum newaltepisodenum newmanrec newisepisode origisepisode newismovie origismovie newmovieyear } {
      global db

RetryTransaction {
        set rec [db $db openid $id]
        set showing [dbobj $rec get Showing]
        set program [dbobj $showing get Program]
        set serverid [dbobj $program get ServerId]
        if { $serverid != "" && $::dtivo == 0 } {
          set newpobj [db $db create Program]
          dbobj $newpobj copyfrom $program
          dbobj $newpobj remove ServerId
          dbobj $newpobj remove ServerVersion
          dbobj $showing set Program $newpobj
        } else {
          set newpobj $program
        }
        dbobj $newpobj set Title $newtitle
        set series [dbobj $program get Series]
        if {$series != ""} {
          dbobj $series set Episodic $newisepisode
        }

# clear EpisodeTitle, set IsEpisode=0

if { $newisepisode == 0 && $neweptitle ==  ""} {
          dbobj $newpobj remove EpisodeTitle
          dbobj $newpobj set IsEpisode 0
        } 
    # end of clear episode title

Note that, as a safegaurd, this requires you to replace the original episode title with a blank title, and then change to 'Not an Episode'.