Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackman -- A Hack Manager module for TivoWeb

Thanks, David. Hackman is a great app and I look forward to the next release.

How do I fix permission problem so I can install Hackman?

I am a noobie to hacking my Tivo HR10-250 STBs. I have hacked them and have TivoWeb 1.3.0 up and running. I have followed the instructions on the Hackman installation sheet. Using CuteFTP I see that "find" and "sendkey" are already installed in the "tivowebplus/bin_mps" directory. I have set the compliance of "hackman.itcl" to 1 using TextPad.

When I attempt to FTP (as binaries) the *.png files to the "tivowebplus/images" directory I get an error message "Request denied. Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation." The permissions shown for the entire tivoweb directory show as 777 as do all the other directories and files under that.

How do I fix this permission problem?

Is your tivowebplus directory in /var? If not, you need to be sure that the partition is rw to be able to write to your /tivowebplus/images directory.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoosh View Post
    Is your tivowebplus directory in /var? If not, you need to be sure that the partition is rw to be able to write to your /tivowebplus/images directory.
    tivowebplus is in the main directory not in the /var directory. How do I make the partition rw so that I can write to it?

Is it the mount -o remount,rw / command?

Yep, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPaw View Post
    I used an older version of TWP 1.4 to develop hackman 4.2.9. Since then, changes have occurred that breaks it again. I'll pull 4.2.9.

I'm afraid people will just have to wait unti I re-write hackman to work with the latest version -- not an overnight project, I'm afraid.
    I appreciate the effort. I grew accustomed to having Hackman, and just moved to TWP 1.4 for a DTivo.

Keep up the good work.

Sorry.. I posted to your private message folder. Now I understand why I could not find;

Version 4.2.9 is an interim release pending a full re-working of hackman to conform to new TWP standards. It is a lightly tested beta version that is believed to work with TWP 1.4.0)

I understand the effort that goes into trying to keep current.... Guess I'll just have leard to live with out my hackman for a time.. Just REALLY miss it.

Thanks

Ed Willoughby

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    edw@comcast.net

Thanks

Merry Christmas to all in TiVo-land!

(and I'm trying to get hackman together for the new year!)
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

You may want to update your web site. 2006 is history, and 2007 is going strong. Any updates as to the new 4.2.9 release? Thanks.

G.W.

UpdateS?

Bump!

Ed

I realize what year it is, thank you. It will get done when I can find time to do it.
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

I realize what year it is, thank you. It will get done when I can find time to do it.
    That is simply unacceptable.

I want a full refund of my purchase price.

Refund ...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    That is simply unacceptable.

I want a full refund of my purchase price.
    With INTEREST!
    DTivo, 120GB, 6.2-01-2-351
    SATivo, 40GB, 7.2.0-oth-01-2-140

Hacks: Tivo FTP, TyTool (server), elseed, TivoWebPlus 1.2.1, mPlayer, MRV, and ofcourse telnet

If those guys are in such a hurry, why don't they chip in and write it themselves.

Take your time Portland, we have waited this long whats another couple of weeks.

By the way great product.
    I have a directtivo so I am in the same boat.
    I got hooked on your mod and now I can't use it.

Again, great work.

First of all, I couldn't care less when it's released. I only made light of it, as his web site needs to be updated so questions like these do not need to be addressed.

Just update the web site. If they had time enough to respond to this, then they would have had twice the time to change the site. It sounds like he was almost offended. When in fact, we're the ones who should be.