Thread: GREEK slander thread (split from Tivo Repairs by Greek)

GREEK. Where are you???

Last Chace Greek.

I HIGHLY recommend that you contact me immediately. Not doing this will be a HUGE mistake. I am sure you want to work this out with me. But, like I say, LAST CHANCE!

Note to Admins and Mods. I have made no threats here, except of a legal nature.
    When you're green, you grow!
    When you're ripe, you rot!

DSR6000 148Hours ver 2.52
    GXCEBOT 170 Hours ver 2.52 -MIA Sent in for repairs
    HDVR2 105 Hours ver 3.1b
    All Networked

Added a DSR7000

...edited.......
    Last edited by Meathead; 04-20-2004 at 04:55 PM.

HDVR2 105 Hours ver 3.1b
    All Networked

Added a DSR7000

Fine, then do your preaching from the Sewer.

I realize that you're upset, but you (we) have no way of knowing he was getting his phone messages or what kind of situation he is in.

Send him a letter demanding your equipment back, and follow through if you don't hear back from him. Posting threats and dragging his name through the mud here is not going to solve the problem.

First of all, I'm not slandering anyone. A SCAMMER is a SCAMMER! Second, I have been trying to contact him for about 2 months now. He won't return my calls or emails. He was not and is not injured! And thirdly, maybe you should be open to the possibility that he is here using a different name. As far as grandstanding goes, I am warning others and him. And last, if you don't like me posts, don't read them!!!

HDVR2 105 Hours ver 3.1b
    All Networked

Added a DSR7000

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    First of all, I'm not slandering anyone. A SCAMMER is a SCAMMER! Second, I have been trying to contact him for about 2 months now. He won't return my calls or emails. He was not and is not injured! And thirdly, maybe you should be open to the possibility that he is here using a different name. As far as grandstanding goes, I am warning others and him. And last, if you don't like me posts, don't read them!!!
    I appreciate your anger. I have been screwed in the past by one or two folks on eBay.

I don't know (neither do you) what Greek's situation is, but the most important thing to ME is that you don't catch an attitude with the moderators or administrators of this forum. You can be as pissed as you want at Greek. alldeadhomiez is totally within his rights as a moderator to read your posts, not like them, and comment on them, DESPITE your insistance to the contrary.

Just be careful. Don't piss off the folks who might be able to help you.

The proper way to go at this point (even from a legal standpoint) is to send a certified letter to him. You will have a record if the letter is accepted or not and can look into legal action at that point. E-mail and phone calls don't count. Your warning is out, now deal with things the right way. I wish you luck.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Meatheat,

No disrespect, but GREEK has helped countless people on this board. You are the first to my knowledge to have a problem with him or his services.

There are typically 2 sides to every story. As far as I can see you haven't told the entire story and GREEK probably has a different version.

Something just doesn't smell right here. Why would a guy with great reputation all of a sudden decide to start "screwing" people? It doesn't make sense. Don't take it personally, but your experience is suspect.

Sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Meatheat,

No disrespect, but GREEK has helped countless people on this board. You are the first to my knowledge to have a problem with him or his services.

There are typically 2 sides to every story. As far as I can see you haven't told the entire story and GREEK probably has a different version.

Something just doesn't smell right here. Why would a guy with great reputation all of a sudden decide to start "screwing" people? It doesn't make sense. Don't take it personally, but your experience is suspect.

Sleeper
    Sleeper see my response in original thread Im in same boat as Meathead

ADH and others suggesting registered letters etc.. they are invalid when shipping address is a business he suposedly works at.

I always figured he got in over head and just paniced.

Really sorry to see it go this way.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    Sleeper see my response in original thread Im in same boat as Meathead

ADH and others suggesting registered letters etc.. they are invalid when shipping address is a business he suposedly works at.

I always figured he got in over head and just paniced.

Really sorry to see it go this way.
    Have you checked the phone book in the area? If you have his full name there are places you can look for better addresses that are public record.

I agree its bad to see it go this way, I hope that everyone works it out in a civil manner, but if it comes to it I support people using legal means to get what they deserve. Good luck guys.

BTW I don't support people screamin in a forum, say it once, say it clearly, then get down to business.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

My aplogies to the Mods. I am only upset with Greek. I am not a newbie here who is just spouting off. I agree with tytyty that Greek got in over his head. People sometimes tend to do that when they jump into a project that seems a lot easier than it really is. I still believe that he is here under another name. I have checked the phone book. He is not listed. But he won't be that hard to find. And Sleeper, I have told the entire story. I can show you the PM's I recieved from him. The last one was Feb 29th here is the last communication received: c&p from PM:

Its here, it got here thursday/friday I beleive, Ive been really sick last few days, I apologize for any delay. I will get to it tomorrow, I'll send you pm with what I find.

That's the last I heard from him.

HDVR2 105 Hours ver 3.1b
    All Networked

Added a DSR7000

Ive been really sick last few days
    Damn, dude... what if he's dead?
    perl -e 'print unpack("u","\@2\&\%V92\!Y;W4\@:&\%C:V5D(\%E/55\(\@5\&EV\;R\!T;V1A>3\\-\`"),"\n";'

Quote Originally Posted by cojonesdetoro
    Damn, dude... what if he's dead?
    You might want to take a look at this

I think Meathead has every right to be mad. I also agree with the mods that this belongs in the sewer, just like DB bashing belongs in the sewer. If it was a baseless accusation then the moderators would have deleted it.
    As mark Twain once said:
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idi0t than to open it and remove all doubt."