Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: EtiVo: Automatic Re-encoding and catalogging of TiVo shows - 1.0.1924.0

how we lookin on deletion from the web interface masnark i know you're busy but i record sportscenter every night and if i forget to go in and delete it in the data directory eTivo thinks it is the same every day, from 1987 or something anyway, can't wait for the next version, keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by jbolter
    how we lookin on deletion from the web interface masnark i know you're busy but i record sportscenter every night and if i forget to go in and delete it in the data directory eTivo thinks it is the same every day, from 1987 or something anyway, can't wait for the next version, keep up the great work!
    As of last night, deletion is actually working on the main branch, thank you very much. Next on the plate, customizable AutoTivo.

You can change how EtiVo signatures shows so that it will always record a new show from Sportscenter (Change it to {Title}{RecordDate} for example). That way, it will record ALL the shows and you can bulk delete them once you feel like they are taking too much.

ok, now i really can't wait for the new version...

Quote Originally Posted by solidtechie
    Brian,

Thanks for your input.

I understand that local nat'd addresses won't work from outside, I already have Orenosp set up for reverse proxy in any event. Problem is, I can't even make it work from inside, on the LAN.

Plan B I think....
    Solidtechie,
    Do you have orenosp working to stream wmv files when accessing from outside your network? I can get it to work if I don't require SSL, but whenever I require SSL, the streaming link appears to que up, but it will not actually play. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by lonaman
    Solidtechie,
    Do you have orenosp working to stream wmv files when accessing from outside your network?
    I don't I'm afraid, it's not an area tha I have looked at yet. Sorry.
    Regards,

Ian

Masnark,

I really love the remote encoder function. I now have 4 computers in my house set up for encoding. But having to go into the config file and change which encoders are active, then restarting the service (which kills any encodings or downloads going on) is sort of a pain.

Would it be possible to add in a future release buttons on the Status page which could toggle remote encoders to be active/inactive? If they are in the process of an encode, they will finish and not do any more when selected for inactive.

Just something to think about for a future release!

Thanks again for the GREAT program! I use the heck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by blueman2
    Masnark,

I really love the remote encoder function. I now have 4 computers in my house set up for encoding. But having to go into the config file and change which encoders are active, then restarting the service (which kills any encodings or downloads going on) is sort of a pain.

Would it be possible to add in a future release buttons on the Status page which could toggle remote encoders to be active/inactive? If they are in the process of an encode, they will finish and not do any more when selected for inactive.

Just something to think about for a future release!

Thanks again for the GREAT program! I use the heck out of it!
    Nice....

You can do this today w/o stopping EtiVo. And you can probably even make a batchfile or small program that does that for you.

Step 1:
    Curse me for not updating the site with new EtiVo telnet commands. (This step used to be "slap your head for not reading the EtiVo site." Then I went to look for the commands and saw that I never bothered to put them there. :|)

Step 2:
    Telnet to the machine you want to turn on/off

Step 3:
    Type in:
    encoder avail never
    or
    encoder avail always

First one to make the encoder stop responding when asked by the Master EtiVo to do an encoding and second one to make it always reply.

Step 4 (For advanced users):
    You can also type in:
    encoder avail 11:00 PM
    or
    encoder avail 9:00 AM 10/12/2004

This will make the encoder stop responding until the time you specify there.

I remember putting this feature in. But I dont remember exactly exactly how it works, so a full date/time is safer than putting nothing in there..

I will take a look at the code and see if I can give you more info about how to use it with the time-date option.

Edit: It seems like it's not as smart as it could be. If you tell it to make the encoder available at 9:00 AM and it is now 7:00 PM, it will think you mean 9:00 AM today, so it will make the remote encoder immediatly available. Best to give it full dates.
    Last edited by Masnark; 10-11-2004 at 11:03 PM.

Still being cut off at about 30 minutes

This is really annoying.

any movie on the dtivo can play full lentgh on tivoweb plus but when I try to encode it through etivo it only encodes the first 20-30 minutes.

Has anybody come up with an explanation or a solution/ Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjsmd
    This is really annoying.

any movie on the dtivo can play full lentgh on tivoweb plus but when I try to encode it through etivo it only encodes the first 20-30 minutes.

I'm having this issue as well, and it's been discussed by others in this thread. I agree that's it's frustrating to discover... but personally haven't had time to experiment. Hopefully this weekend.

Apparently it has to do with the MFS-FTP binary installed and you'll have to try another one (also linked in this thread.) From previous posts I have learned that this isn't an EtiVo issue as much as it is an issue with the apps it depends on (TyTools, MFS-FTP, etc.)

Post 567 has the answer

Quote Originally Posted by jjsmd
    This is really annoying.

There may be two probelms. The one I had was with the tyshow filter used by Windows Media Player to play .ty files. See post #567 in this thread. It resolved the issue for me. You can tell if you have this problem by downloading the ty file and playing it on WMP. If it stops where it died while encoding, then the new filter will solve the issue.

If, as you say above, it plays fine with WMP through the entire movie, but stops while encoding, then it may be an issue with mfs_stream. I did not have this problem, so did not research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masnark
    Nice....
    Step 3:
    Type in:
    encoder avail never
    or
    encoder avail always
    OK, that worked great! Hey, any other neat undocumented commands?

I think a simple batch file would be perfect. I will give that a try (not sure yet how to pass the command along inside a telnet session once it is created, but that should be doable).

One more question, if you wouldn't mind. Is there a way to have the etivo service for encoding always start up in low priority (vs below normal as it is today)? I can go into taskmgr and change it, but I would need to do that each time the encoder starts a new job which is a pain.
    Last edited by blueman2; 10-12-2004 at 01:17 PM.

One more question, if you wouldn't mind. Is there a way to have the etivo service for encoding always start up in low priority (vs below normal as it is today)? I can go into taskmgr and change it, but I would need to do that each time the encoder starts a new job which is a pain.
    There's a telnet command you can run called "setencoderpri low"....

Just kidding.

I can add it in the config, shouldnt be hard, but why would you want it to be low as opposed to below normal?

Anyone seen a problem like this?

I can fetch shows with no problems at all. The first time after a restart of services it will encode fine.

The problem is that if I later decide to fetch a show, I need to restart the services. Otherwise what happens is that it will fetch the show fine, but when the status changes to Encoding the completed stays at N/A and nothing happens until I restart the services again.

There may be two probelms. The one I had was with the tyshow filter used by Windows Media Player to play .ty files. See post #567 in this thread. It resolved the issue for me. You can tell if you have this problem by downloading the ty file and playing it on WMP. If it stops where it died while encoding, then the new filter will solve the issue.

If, as you say above, it plays fine with WMP through the entire movie, but stops while encoding, then it may be an issue with mfs_stream. I did not have this problem, so did not research it.
    Thanks blueman2 for the clarification (and of course desh for the file.)

When you say we can test by downloading the ty file and trying to play it all the way through with WMP, how should we be downloading: via FTP on port 3105 or via TyTool? (Or does it not matter?)

Quote Originally Posted by Masnark
    There's a telnet command you can run called "setencoderpri low"....
    Yes, but that command has a dependency on "setsarcasm hi" command, doesn't it?

It is not a critical issue at all, really. I just want the ability to have my systems' response time impacted as little as possible when running the encoder. Apparently, I must have some other processes running at below normal as well, or it would not matter. Just a thought for some later release.