Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: EtiVo: Automatic Re-encoding and catalogging of TiVo shows - 1.0.1924.0

Quote Originally Posted by he244
    Seems to be doing something. I don't know how the info can be used, but hopeful someone does.

<Begin>0</Begin>
    <CommercialSkipOffset>34</CommercialSkipOffset>
    [...]
    <CommercialSkipOffset>65451</CommercialSkipOffset>
    <End>885625</End>
    <File>409266</File>
    Well..

If you find out what they mean, I promise I will do something with them at some relatively near future point.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

Quote Originally Posted by Masnark
    Hmm.. Cant make out anything out of it.. It looks like the EtiVo encoder has not been executed.

Can you try the following two workarounds and tell me how they go:

1. Change the following line:
    <add key="encoderClass" value="EtiVo.Service.OutOfProcEncoder"/>
    to:
    <add key="encoderClass" value="EtiVo.Service.WM9Encoder"/>
    Well my problem is solved just by changing the "encoderClass" line. I can now encode shows with no problems. Thanks for all the help. Just incase I haven't said so before, This program rocks!!!!

On another note, has anyone found/created a wme file that is good for streaming at 128 vs the 314 or maybe a larger video size with keeping in mind limited bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by lonaman
    I installed the newest version 0.1.1101 and the problem for TivoTitle users re-appeared. The fix for the old version is described in your post above. Any chance this fix will be incorporated into this new version?
    I put out a new EtiVo server, 0.1.1101.2 - download it from the same spot as the 1101.

http://prish.com/etivo/downloads/0.1...0.1.1101.2.msi
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo

Looks Good!!!!

I'm not sure how everyone else uses EtiVo, but so far it's been a great way to let my cousin in Russia catch up on U.S. programming. Serious gratitude to Masnark for making it so easy for us.

But since the content is watched in different households - different continents even- it's sometimes confusing to know what is safe to delete. I'm thinking one nice feature would be a way for visitors to tag or comment shows via the web interface. As is stands now I have no way of knowing which shows my cousin has watched (nor does my cousin know what I've watched,) so housecleaning and thinning the list of available shows gets a bit unwieldy. Maybe a customized checkbox or free-form comments for each show would help with this.

UI reports: Would it be possible for EtiVo to query my TiVo for my current Season Pass list? That way AutoTiVo and Notifications could be chosen from a pull-down in addition to being typed in manually. As its stands now I am a bit unsure as to how to type in show names exactly, and if typing in a string like "Simpsons" would catch the show I am interested in... ie: "Simpsons (The)".

Can I just type in the letters I know are here or are wildcards necessary?

On the Notifications page I created two:
    Simpsons and West Wing. Simpsons shows up fine but West Wing's line is blank where the Show Name should be. I tried "West Wing" and "West Wing (The)" but it remains blank. When I click on the edit button it's still blank. I have deleted the notification and recreated it, but it still remains blank. If I create a third notification, it takes the place of the (blank) West Wing one. It seems like I can create a notification for everything but West Wing.

Minor quibble: On the AutoTiVo page, I'm thinking the "AutoTiVo active: True/False" line should be listed first. Otherwise it can be confusing and seems to be only linked to the specific AutoTiVo entry listings.

More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'm not sure how everyone else uses EtiVo, but so far it's been a great way to let my cousin in Russia catch up on U.S. programming. Serious gratitude to Masnark for making it so easy for us.
    Easy is my middle name. Ask my wife.

But since the content is watched in different households - different continents even- it's sometimes confusing to know what is safe to delete. I'm thinking one nice feature would be a way for visitors to tag or comment shows via the web interface. As is stands now I have no way of knowing which shows my cousin has watched (nor does my cousin know what I've watched,) so housecleaning and thinning the list of available shows gets a bit unwieldy. Maybe a customized checkbox or free-form comments for each show would help with this.
    I have thought a while ago about a similar feature. I dont know if I will do it though. That said... I am doing something that might be useful to that end.

The next release will allow EtiVo to be used against another EtiVo instead of a TiVo.

That way, your cousin can install EtiVo, connect it to yours, and you will know that there's a good chance things have been downloaded automatically after 1-2 days. If that's still not enough, I can see if I can think up a simple solution.

UI reports: Would it be possible for EtiVo to query my TiVo for my current Season Pass list? That way AutoTiVo and Notifications could be chosen from a pull-down in addition to being typed in manually. As its stands now I am a bit unsure as to how to type in show names exactly, and if typing in a string like "Simpsons" would catch the show I am interested in... ie: "Simpsons (The)".
    Can I just type in the letters I know are here or are wildcards necessary?
    It should be the original name (The Simpsons). I will be adding something similar both to AutoTiVo and to Notifications(though it wont be using season passes, but rather the shows you have on your system - so if generally speaking, your system is empty, you will still need to type things in).

Notifications: Name has to be exact.
    Autotivo: Name has to be exact, unless wildcards are used. Then you can do *trek* and it will take anything with trek in it.

On the Notifications page I created two:
    Simpsons and West Wing. Simpsons shows up fine but West Wing's line is blank where the Show Name should be. I tried "West Wing" and "West Wing (The)" but it remains blank. When I click on the edit button it's still blank. I have deleted the notification and recreated it, but it still remains blank. If I create a third notification, it takes the place of the (blank) West Wing one. It seems like I can create a notification for everything but West Wing.
    You should have a file called Notifications.xml - send it to me please. I will take a look.

Minor quibble: On the AutoTiVo page, I'm thinking the "AutoTiVo active: True/False" line should be listed first. Otherwise it can be confusing and seems to be only linked to the specific AutoTiVo entry listings.
    Noted.

More to come...
    Keep'em coming!

Summat's wrong, but I don't know what.

Fetching failed:System.InvalidOperationException: File retrieved from FTP - size is too small. at EtiVo.Service.MfsFtpFetcher.Fetch(String remoteTYFileName, String localTYFileName, String remoteXmlFileName, String localXmlFileName) at EtiVo.Service.QueueItem.Fetch()
    This happened with 3 episodes of Scrubs. I checked that mfs_ftp is running, and I can connect. In each case, a directory was created, with 2 xml files and a zero bite encoded show

I am currently encoding another different show without problem. Any ideas?
    Regards,

Ian

The next release will allow EtiVo to be used against another EtiVo instead of a TiVo.
    That sounds cool. I'm also playing with samrad's AccTiVo here locally and he says he's working on http syncing, which would be another way to skin the same cat.

Just as another brainstorm, would there be a way for me to inspect download logs (as a way to check up on cousin's status.) Or would that strictly be a IIS webserver thing?

I will be adding something similar both to AutoTiVo and to Notifications(though it wont be using season passes, but rather the shows you have on your system
    Yeah, that'd work too. Since there's no "confirmation" of validity (other than the fact that it just starts working later on or not) I guess the whole wildcard thing threw me off. As long as it works though... I'm just thinking about UI to help future EtiVo users not get confused.

Keep'em coming!
    The checkbox at the top of a list (that checks all the other checkboxes underneath it) only works in MSIE on a PC. It doesn't work work with any other browser I try. I'd love to see it work on Firefox and better yet Safari, but if not, maybe this checkbox can be made to not display at all (since it doesn't work.)

While we're on the subject of browser discrepancy, the progress bars (on fetching/encoding) also only display properly in MSIE. Rather than trying to fix it for all browser, perhaps EtiVoWeb can check the browser agent/platform and turn off the incompatible, non-essential graphical elements.
    Last edited by Fofer; 11-04-2004 at 02:13 PM.

One more thing: in browsers other than MSIE, when I click many shows to delete, the confirmation dialog asks:

"Are you sure you want to delete these 0 shows?"

After falling in love with Firefox it's just so hard to go back to MSIE. I imagine I'm not alone on this...

Quote Originally Posted by solidtechie
    Summat's wrong, but I don't know what.

This happened with 3 episodes of Scrubs. I checked that mfs_ftp is running, and I can connect. In each case, a directory was created, with 2 xml files and a zero bite encoded show

I am currently encoding another different show without problem. Any ideas?
    Sadly, no. No idea.

The error you are getting is when EtiVo thinks that the file received from MfsFtp is smaller than 1MB.

Can you try manually downloading the file via ftp?

Quote Originally Posted by fofer
    Just as another brainstorm, would there be a way for me to inspect download logs (as a way to check up on cousin's status.) Or would that strictly be a IIS webserver thing?
    EtiVo has no control over that - you will need to use IIS's logs (or whatever other server you are using).

Yeah, that'd work too. Since there's no "confirmation" of validity (other than the fact that it just starts working later on or not) I guess the whole wildcard thing threw me off. As long as it works though... I'm just thinking about UI to help future EtiVo users not get confused.
    A lot of times I do one-time notifications for shows that do not exist yet - so I have no real way (short of parsing TiVoWebPlus stuff) of validating it.

The checkbox at the top of a list (that checks all the other checkboxes underneath it) only works in MSIE on a PC. It doesn't work work with any other browser I try. I'd love to see it work on Firefox and better yet Safari, but if not, maybe this checkbox can be made to not display at all (since it doesn't work.)
    If you can send me jscript code that will make it work, I will add it to EtiVoWeb.

While we're on the subject of browser discrepancy, the progress bars (on fetching/encoding) also only display properly in MSIE. Rather than trying to fix it for all browser, perhaps EtiVoWeb can check the browser agent/platform and turn off the incompatible, non-essential graphical elements.
    I am pretty sure EtiVoWeb does that already. If you are certain that's not the case, I will check it again.

One more thing: in browsers other than MSIE, when I click many shows to delete, the confirmation dialog asks:

"Are you sure you want to delete these 0 shows?"

After falling in love with Firefox it's just so hard to go back to MSIE. I imagine I'm not alone on this...
    Again, send me working javascript code and I will fix it.

ftp not working for me in new version

Masnark, I just installed the newest version and FTP listing and fetching no longer works. MFS_FTP doesn't seem to ever be called, so it gets stuck somewhere. This is wierd because I uninstalled and went back to the beta version that i was testing for you and everything is fine again. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jbolter
    Masnark, I just installed the newest version and FTP listing and fetching no longer works. MFS_FTP doesn't seem to ever be called, so it gets stuck somewhere. This is wierd because I uninstalled and went back to the beta version that i was testing for you and everything is fine again. any ideas?
    Actually...... No....

No idea. What do you see in the log?

Actually...... No....

No idea. What do you see in the log?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Log started: 11/4/2004 8:30:59 AM EtiVo Version:0.1.1101.2
    queued up all the shows
    08:32:14 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:32:19 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo
    08:32:40 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:32:45 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo
    08:33:06 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:33:11 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo
    08:33:32 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:33:37 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo

this will continue until i stop it i assume. it's behaving as if mfs_ftp isn't running, but I am watching it run. I open a connection with a ftp client and it LIST's fine, but eTivo try's to connect and just doesn't. like i said, as soon as i revert back to 0.1.1028.0 everything is perfect again.

RE: checkboxes

If you can send me jscript code that will make it work, I will add it to EtiVoWeb.
    Here's two that work for me in Safari and Firefox (Mac):

http://javascript.internet.com/forms...x-changer.html
    (this one has a cool "toggle switch.")

http://www.shiningstar.net/articles/...oxes.asp?ID=AW
    (this one is probably better because neither the titles nor number of checkboxes in the group need to be known. The code takes care of this automatically.)

Quote Originally Posted by jbolter
    -- Log started: 11/4/2004 8:30:59 AM EtiVo Version:0.1.1101.2
    queued up all the shows
    08:32:14 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:32:19 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo
    08:32:40 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:32:45 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo
    08:33:06 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:33:11 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo
    08:33:32 - Info: FtpFetcher: Closing connection to tivo
    08:33:37 - Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to tivo

this will continue until i stop it i assume. it's behaving as if mfs_ftp isn't running, but I am watching it run. I open a connection with a ftp client and it LIST's fine, but eTivo try's to connect and just doesn't. like i said, as soon as i revert back to 0.1.1028.0 everything is perfect again.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? This will only happen if, as you say, MfsFtp is not up or if the address EtiVo is trying to connect to is a bad address (which, by looking at the timestamp, seems to be the case - can you make sure your TiVoHost address is correct?)

Here's two that work for me in Safari and Firefox (Mac):

http://javascript.internet.com/form...ox-changer.html
    (this one has a cool "toggle switch.")

http://www.shiningstar.net/articles...boxes.asp?ID=AW
    (this one is probably better because neither the titles nor number of checkboxes in the group need to be known. The code takes care of this automatically.)
    I will take a look. Thanks.