Page 62 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: EtiVo: Automatic Re-encoding and catalogging of TiVo shows - 1.0.1924.0

Masnark, I'm not sure if you have a spot for feature requests, but I was wondering if it would be possible if you do a choose a program from Manual Queuing, if you could have an option/checkbox to add the show (title only) to the autotivo functionality?

Also have you ever thought about putting the Etivo Catalog into some type of database, and query the DB instead of scanning the directory for new shows and xml files? I though it might help improve speed and such.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerbalm
    Masnark, I'm not sure if you have a spot for feature requests, but I was wondering if it would be possible if you do a choose a program from Manual Queuing, if you could have an option/checkbox to add the show (title only) to the autotivo functionality?

Also have you ever thought about putting the Etivo Catalog into some type of database, and query the DB instead of scanning the directory for new shows and xml files? I though it might help improve speed and such.
    RE: Choose a program from Manual Queuing
    I havent thought of that. What I was going to add at some point is a combo-box at the AutoTiVo setting that will allow you to choose from titles that are already in EtiVo. But I can see why your request makes sense. I will think about it.

RE: Catalog on DB
    EtiVo only queries the file-system on load. On my slow machine (my EtiVo machine), for near 2000 shows, this takes only about 40-60 seconds (I do have good hard-drives though).

The biggest problem with databases is corruption. Today, to get rid of some shows (or add some shows for that matter), you just need to delete/add directories. If I add databases support, it basically means I will need to start doing:
    1. Database cleaning
    2. Database coherency tests
    3. I will need to have the ability to export/import a database (though this could theoretically be done a different way).
    4. Most annoying of all, I will need to have facilities to upgrade the database schema every time I put out a new version that has new info in it. I dunno about you, but I REALLY dont like doing DDL.

Also, what do you precieve as slow? On my slowish machine, with 2000 shows, the Catalog appears pretty fast.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

Quote Originally Posted by Masnark

I will GLADLY do it - I did not know that part was actually working. I just looked at some of my files, none of them seems to have anything but 0 in the commercial skip offset element.

Do you know how/when it can be used?
    I've been curious about that "CommercialSkipOffset" value ever since I first saw it mentioned here. And so I did some Googling and searching here in DDB. Apparently it has nothing to do with commercials but rather the encryption state of the recordings.

More info here:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=276

(That's why yours are 0, Masnark.)

Replay looks at black screen and audio levels to infer where commercial blocks are... and does an "okay" job at auto-skipping them.

Config Help

Hello All! New to etivo - it looks interesting but I need Help configuring it
    when i try to start up the server i get this error:

C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer>etivosrv -c
    Starting in Console mode. Hit Ctrl-C to stop the program.

Unhandled Exception: EtiVo.Service.LocationException: Could not copy file to \\f
    ileserver\data\Dell-4600\EtiVoWeb\WmvLow.wme. Please check your .config file, un
    der the <location> element. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find
    file "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer\Dell-4600\EtiVoWeb\WmvLow.wme".
    File name: "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer\Dell-4600\EtiVoWeb\WmvLow.wme"
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Bo
    olean overwrite)
    at EtiVo.Service.Config.CopyTransformationFiles()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at EtiVo.Service.QueueServerListener.Start()
    at EtiVo.Service.EtiVoService.OnStart(String[] args)
    at EtiVo.Service.EtiVoService.Main(String[] args)

I have tried it with the original Config file, and copying the WME file and nothing seems to work i always get a message similar to the one posted.

This is the error woth the config file as it was set up when i installed.

Unhandled Exception: EtiVo.Service.LocationException: Could not copy file to \\f
    ileserver\data\WmvLow.wme. Please check your .config file, under the <location>
    element. ---> System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

olean overwrite)

please post back or PM me if you can help. Thank You!!
    Last edited by mturlock; 12-07-2004 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mturlock
    Hello All! New to etivo - it looks interesting but I need Help configuring it
    when i try to start up the server i get this error:

ileserver\data\Dell-4600\EtiVoWeb\WmvLow.wme. Please check your .config file, un
    der the <location> element. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find
    file "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer\Dell-4600\EtiVoWeb\WmvLow.wme".
    File name: "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer\Dell-4600\EtiVoWeb\WmvLow.wme"
    olean overwrite)

I have tried it with the original Config file, and copying the WME file and nothing seems to work i always get a message similar to the one posted.

This is the error woth the config file as it was set up when i installed.

ileserver\data\WmvLow.wme. Please check your .config file, under the <location>
    element. ---> System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

olean overwrite)

please post back or PM me if you can help. Thank You!!
    Did you read the installation instructions before you tried running it? The section on setting up locations to save in will interest you. You have not correctly configured a data directory and the error message you see is etivo attempting to copy a file into the default location (\\fileserver\data\) which can't exist on your computer unless you like giving computers strange names.

Also make sure that you have the prerequisites installed on the etivo server machine as well. The ones I remember are windows media encoder and tyshow codec. I think an mpeg2 codec would also be a requirment.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

ahh.... ok i found that, it was at the bottom of the config file, not at the top like the install instructions said... but now another question: am i specifing a local directory and a local directory? whay do the two parts mean and could you give an example of what to put in them? I am just very confused by the editing of the config file myself!

<location dir="\\fileserver\data" http="http://localhost/data2/"</location>
    local file like "C:\EtiVo" ............ virtual location "my.ip.address:80/etivo"

is that how you set it up? i am just guessing and it does not work when i try to run the server...

ahh.... ok i found that, it was at the bottom of the config file, not at the top like the install instructions said... but now another question: am i specifing a local directory and a local directory? whay do the two parts mean and could you give an example of what to put in them? I am just very confused by the editing of the config file myself!

<location dir="\\fileserver\data" http="http://localhost/data2/"</location>
    local file like "C:\EtiVo" ............ virtual location "my.ip.address:80/etivo"

is that how you set it up? i am just guessing and it does not work when i try to run the server...
    <location dir="c:\etivo" http="http://localhost/etivo"/>

Make sure that the directory and the web share have appropriate security settings to allow etivo to access them. I forget exactly what is necessary but I think the doc's cover it.
    Malfunct

Still Nothing.

Here's what I have Set Up

I have a Directory on my computer "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer" where the files are stored and "http://dell-4600:81/Etivoweb" set up in IIS ( I can Access the Files through a web browser so i think i got that right) and my config file is:

<locations>
    <location dir="C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer\" http="http://dell-4600:81/Etivoweb"/>
    </locations>

When i try to run the console in a command prompt - "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer>etivosrv -c" - I get this error:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe - etivosrv -c
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    CS:0541 IP:0192 OP:63 6f 6e 66 69 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

I feel i am so close but the is just something that i can't seem to get right and i don't know what it is. and I want to thank you for the help!

When i try to run the console in a command prompt - "C:\Program Files\EtiVoServer>etivosrv -c" - I get this error:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe - etivosrv -c
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    CS:0541 IP:0192 OP:63 6f 6e 66 69 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application
    Sounds like a file corruption problem. Try reinstalling etivo and all supporting applications. Also, try the XP file signature verification utility in the system information tool.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the eTiVe Server folder as the destination folder for video - as part of the process, eTiVo copies the config .wme file from the server folder to the destination folder, and I can imagine it getting very confused if they are the same!
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Well, It turns out that you were correct rung, all i needed was a clean install of EtiVo to get that error fixed however, now I am getting a new one when it trys to connect via FTP

Starting in Console mode. Hit Ctrl-C to stop
    Info: General: Spawning QueueManager initial
    Info: General: Gathering available shows fro
    Info: General: Reading shows from directory
    Info: General: Total complete shows found on
    Info: FtpFetcher: Opening connection to 204.

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeE
    ds of the array.
    at Ftp.FtpClient.readLine()
    at Ftp.FtpClient.readResponse()
    at Ftp.FtpClient.Login()
    at EtiVo.Service.Utils.CreateFtpClient()
    at EtiVo.Service.MfsFtpListFetcher.GetFil
    at EtiVo.Service.QueueManager.QueryFileLi
    at EtiVo.Service.QueueManager.GetShowList
    at EtiVo.Service.PendingQueue.RunAfterEve
    at EtiVo.Service.Queue.ThreadStartFunc()
    This is now the error that I get, what does it mean?

Also, when i try to run the Etivo Web to see the GUI (im horrible at this command line stuff) all i get is a page full of:

sadasda
    dasdasd
    sa
    dasd
    asd
    asdasdsadasdasd
    asdasdsa
    d
    asdasdas
    dasd
    ad
    Last edited by mturlock; 12-10-2004 at 01:27 AM.

Well, It turns out that you were correct rung, all i needed was a clean install of EtiVo to get that error fixed however, now I am getting a new one when it trys to connect via FTP

Also, when i try to run the Etivo Web to see the GUI (im horrible at this command line stuff) all i get is a page full of:

sadasda
    dasdasd
    sa
    dasd
    asd
    asdasdsadasdasd
    asdasdsa
    d
    asdasdas
    dasd
    ad
    I have no idea what the EtiVoWeb stuff is but it looks like etivo is reading past the end of the stream when trying to connect to mfs_ftp. Is mfs_ftp running on your tivo? Did you put the correct info in the config file to point etivo at mfs_ftp on your tivo?
    Malfunct

Yes I have ms_ftp running, I can connect to my Tivo through an FTP client and firefox, it runs on port 21 and that is the port I specified in the config file.

Yes I have ms_ftp running, I can connect to my Tivo through an FTP client and firefox, it runs on port 21 and that is the port I specified in the config file.
    Are you sure? tivoftpd runs on port 21; mfs_ftp runs on port 3105 by default.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

sadasda
    dasdasd
    sa
    dasd
    asd
    asdasdsadasdasd
    asdasdsa
    d
    asdasdas
    dasd
    ad
    I am assuming that you dont really mean sadasda, dasdasd, sa etc. It would help if you actually quote what EtiVoWeb had spewed.

In any case, to solve the problem, please see the following link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tinstalled.asp

As for the FTP problem. I dont think I have seen that one yet. Are you sure it is MfsFtp you are connecting to? When you connect via firefox, do you see a bunch of directories, three of which are ty, ty+ and xml?

RE: C:\program files\etivoserver as your location.

Sanderton is right, you do not want that as yoyr data directory. For many many reasons. Create a c:\data or c:\movies and use that instead.

All:
    I am on vacation in Israel and so I am not on the net as often as I used to be (only 20 hours a day, not 24). Thus my answers on the forums and on email may be somewhat sluggish.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum