Page 115 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2036

Thread: EtiVo: Automatic Re-encoding and catalogging of TiVo shows - 1.0.1924.0

Quote Originally Posted by olhu
    Thanks! I didnt think to click on the Tivo To Go Info button to find that config option. I'll check it, but I'm positive it'll work!

Thanks for a great program.

I tested it, apparently I missed installing something... I got the following error once it had copied it off the TiVo:

Could not run encoder. Error: Calling remote encoder failed with: Encoder failed: Encoder failed: COM object with CLSID {632B606A-BBC6-11D2-A329-006097C4E476} is either not valid or not registered.

Which encoder did I fail to install? I can use other software to save as .wmv files.

Just an FYI, this has been a test on a clean WinXP Pro install, so very little is actually running other than what was listed as musts in the install process.

Thanks again,
    -o
    Make sure you install Windows Media Encoder 9.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

99% Completed

Hi,

I have tivotogo and have installed ETivo (server and ETivoWeb).
    I have been having problems getting it to work just right. I can start a transfer using ETivoWeb and evertime, it stops at 99% Completed. It always stops at "Preprocessing Tivo file". I have left it overnight and it still stays at 99%.

Is this a common problem that I can easily fix?

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulboydy
    Hi,

I have tivotogo and have installed ETivo (server and ETivoWeb).
    I have been having problems getting it to work just right. I can start a transfer using ETivoWeb and evertime, it stops at 99% Completed. It always stops at "Preprocessing Tivo file". I have left it overnight and it still stays at 99%.

Is this a common problem that I can easily fix?
    Try clicking the TiVo To Go Info, and hitting okay (make sure the correct password is there).

Also, you need to make sure the user in the TiVo To Go Info has TiVo To Go Desktop properly installed and running (in other words, that user needs to be able to play .tivo files).

If the 99% stays for more than 15 seconds, it means it's stuck.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo

I thought it was problems due to a lack of a windows password. So I created one. Every time I try and enter the user name and password in the tivo to go general configuration, it tells me "There was an error when trying to prepare your computer." when I click on OK.

details informs me:
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value)
    at EtiVo.Service.TiVoToGoInfo.CopyTtgRegistryKeys(String userName)
    at EtiVo.Service.UI.TiVoToGoInfoConfigForm.okayButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I set up an account specifically for this and gave it the user name "tivo" and a password consisting on letters and numbers.

I thought it was problems due to a lack of a windows password. So I created one. Every time I try and enter the user name and password in the tivo to go general configuration, it tells me "There was an error when trying to prepare your computer." when I click on OK.

details informs me:
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value)
    at EtiVo.Service.TiVoToGoInfo.CopyTtgRegistryKeys(String userName)
    at EtiVo.Service.UI.TiVoToGoInfoConfigForm.okayButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I set up an account specifically for this and gave it the user name "tivo" and a password consisting on letters and numbers.
    Did you install TiVo To Go Desktop for that user?

Yes, I installed tivotogo desktop 2.1 that is accessable for all users. When I am logged in as tivo I see the tivo icon in the tray near the clock and also can select tivo desktop from start -> programs

Hi Masnark, thanks for all of the support work you do on this thread. I've searched again to see if my new problem seems to be listed and again I've failed to find the same issue.

The conversion to WMV checkbox seems to work properly, it creates WMV files, however, it only seems to create the audio portion.

If I grab the .mpg file it creates in the process of moving the .tivo file over and save a copy (keeping files fetched doesnt seem to keep from deleting the mpg file after conversion... or at least, that's what I seem to remember the discussion was on keeping the mpg version), and save it. I can then run the WmvLow_mod.wme session again, and when I do it manually, it encodes with the video portion as well.

Any thoughts? I know last time I'd failed to install the windows encoder, but this time it seems to be working properly if I do it manually, but not if I let the auto encoder do it.

I dont have etivo webserver installed yet (though I was about to install iis and get that started since the etivo part seems to be working well now... at least for mpegs).

Thanks,
    -o

Yes, I installed tivotogo desktop 2.1 that is accessable for all users. When I am logged in as tivo I see the tivo icon in the tray near the clock and also can select tivo desktop from start -> programs
    TiVo encrypt the key on a per user basis. EtiVo then does some copying of regkeys around so that the decoder will be able to run it. For all this to happen properly, the user which you are using for TiVo needs to have the MAK address properly set up. This needs to be done per user. The way to make sure it works is to actually run a .TiVo file and see if it plays properly.

This should make it work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by olhu
    Hi Masnark, thanks for all of the support work you do on this thread. I've searched again to see if my new problem seems to be listed and again I've failed to find the same issue.

The conversion to WMV checkbox seems to work properly, it creates WMV files, however, it only seems to create the audio portion.

If I grab the .mpg file it creates in the process of moving the .tivo file over and save a copy (keeping files fetched doesnt seem to keep from deleting the mpg file after conversion... or at least, that's what I seem to remember the discussion was on keeping the mpg version), and save it. I can then run the WmvLow_mod.wme session again, and when I do it manually, it encodes with the video portion as well.

Any thoughts? I know last time I'd failed to install the windows encoder, but this time it seems to be working properly if I do it manually, but not if I let the auto encoder do it.

I dont have etivo webserver installed yet (though I was about to install iis and get that started since the etivo part seems to be working well now... at least for mpegs).

Thanks,
    -o
    This will happen if the decoder is not properly installed - when EtiVo is running as system, it would seem, something is not working as it should. To see if it's the decoder fault or EtiVo's fault, run EtiVo in console mode (EtiVoSrv.exe -c from c:\program files\etivoserveR) and see if it works as expected.

Let me know.
    Last edited by Masnark; 08-04-2005 at 03:31 PM.

This will happen if the decoder is not properly installed - when EtiVo is running as system, it would seem, something is not working as it should. To see if it's the decoder fault or EtiVo's fault, run EtiVo in console mode (EtiVoSrv.exe -c from c:\program files\etivoserveR) and see if it works as expected.

OK, so I ran the etivo from the command line in the console mode, and the result was just audio, no video.... Could it be that since I installed the WMEncoder after I installed eTivo that it caused a problem?

Here's the detail from the log:

20:17:01 - Info: Queue: Enqueuing on Encoding:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:17:01 - Info: QueueItem: Setting Encoding on:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:17:02 - Info: WM9Encoder: Starting to listen for OutOfProc encoder.
    20:17:02 - Info: WM9Encoder: Listen call successful. Waiting for OutOfProc encoder to call.
    20:17:02 - Info: WM9Encoder: Calling EtiVo Slave for encoding with commandline:-encoder -p2990
    20:17:03 - Info: WM9Encoder: Slave encoder contacted us. Building communication stream.
    20:17:03 - Info: WM9Encoder: Sending HelloSlave handshake to Slave encoder.
    20:20:42 - Info: WM9Encoder: Waiting for slave encoder to exit.
    20:21:02 - Info: QueueItem: Setting Encoded on:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:21:02 - Info: Queue: Dequeing from Encoding:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:21:02 - Info: Queue: Enqueuing on PreviewGenerator:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:21:02 - Info: QueueItem: Setting GeneratingPreviews on:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:21:09 - Error: Queue: Could not generate images for show {Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}. Error was: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004022E): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004022E.
    at QuartzTypeLib.FilgraphManagerClass.GetCurrentImage(Int32& pBufferSize, Int32& pDIBImage)
    at EtiVo.Service.WmvImageGenerator.GeneratePictures(String fullDirectory, String fileName)
    at EtiVo.Service.WmvImageGenerator.GeneratePictures()
    at EtiVo.Service.PreviewGeneratorQueue.RunQueuedItem(QueueItem item)
    20:21:09 - Info: QueueItem: Setting Success on:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:21:09 - Info: Queue: Dequeing from PreviewGenerator:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}
    20:21:09 - Info: Queue: Enqueuing on Ready:{Aqua Teen Hungerforce}{2003-12-14}{The}{TOONP}

Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling would help? Do I need to step back in XP to a point before I installed eTivo server and install the WMEncoder software and then install eTivo, or do you think the uninstall/reinstall will fix it?

Thanks,
    -o
    Last edited by olhu; 08-05-2005 at 12:36 AM.

Problem with etivo on win xp

I just installed etivo and I cannot get a program to encode with WME 9:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Log started: 8/5/2005 3:18:19 AM EtiVo Version:1.0.1924.1
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Starting up Out Of Proc encoder.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Connecting to Master EtiVo on port 4318.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Sending HelloMaster handshake to master.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Read line from server: C:\EtiVo\{Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.show\{Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.ty
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Read line from server: {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Read line from server: C:\EtiVo\{Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.show
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Read line from server: C:\EtiVo\WmvLow.wme
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Setting up encoder class
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Running encoder class.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Calling Encoder.WaitForStop().
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Setting up encoder file with new info for {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}...
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Loading encoder file.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Writing information into encoder for {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Saving encoder file for {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.
    03:18:19 - Info: WM9Encoder: Creating Windows Media Encoder object for {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.
    03:18:20 - Info: WM9Encoder: Setting up Windows Media Encoder object for {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.
    03:18:20 - Info: WM9Encoder: Starting Windows Media Encoder object for {Elimidate}{2005-02-23}{Unchained Week}{DN2}.
    03:18:20 - Info: WM9Encoder: Encoder state changed. It is now:WMENC_ENCODER_STARTING
    03:18:25 - Info: WM9Encoder: WME9 failed to encode with exception System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

at WMEncoderLib.WMEncoderClass.Start()
    at EtiVo.Service.WM9Encoder.InternalRunEncoder()
    03:18:25 - Error: WM9Encoder: Running the encoder failed with the following information: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

at WMEncoderLib.WMEncoderClass.Start()
    at EtiVo.Service.WM9Encoder.InternalRunEncoder()
    at EtiVo.Service.Addin.Encoder.RunEncoderJob(Object obj)

Help!

I've had this one quite a lot too. It seemed to go with corrupt downloaded .ty files. the files in the .show folder do not play with TyShow or process with TyTool when I get this error.

Is it possible that the latest eTiVo server is somehow more liable to corrupting the downloads?
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

TiVo encrypt the key on a per user basis. EtiVo then does some copying of regkeys around so that the decoder will be able to run it. For all this to happen properly, the user which you are using for TiVo needs to have the MAK address properly set up. This needs to be done per user. The way to make sure it works is to actually run a .TiVo file and see if it plays properly.

This should make it work properly.
    Masnark, thanks for the quick responses... this fixed the problem. I am now up and running. Thanks for the great app.

MMS support

I just upgraded from version 0.1.1101 to 0.1.1820. After updating both server and web components, I can't figure out how to get mms links to appear... I verified server functionality by copying a http download link and changing to mms. Is there some trick? Is mms still supported?

BTW: eTiVo is an awessome system. Thanks!
    Last edited by bredger; 08-06-2005 at 01:59 PM. Reason: clarification

Also getting encoding error

I also get this error.

Could not run encoder. Error: Calling remote encoder failed with: Encoder failed: Encoder failed: COM object with CLSID {632B606A-BBC6-11D2-A329-006097C4E476} is either not valid or not registered.

Confirmed:

Newest Direct X installed
    WME 9 installed
    Newest Window Media Player installed
    OS is Windows 2K Server completely up to date on fixes.

I realize that a poster mentioned the Ty files are likely corrupted. I know the version of the FTP server running on my Tivo is old. I loaded it more than 1 year ago. Should I see if there's a newer version out and install?

stry guy, I think that's the same error I was getting, try uninstalling and reinstalling the wme9 software, it worked for me to get encoding to work (I'm now at the 2nd part of that where for some reason I'm getting just audio when I do it automatically, but both audio & video when doing it manually).

-o