Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hacking HDTV Tivo forum (HR10-250)

borghe,

Let's try to keep this thread on topic.

Also, I will prom mod your unit if you are interested.

Sleeper
    Last edited by Sleeper; 05-11-2004 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Change of Heart

sleeper, I didn't receive your PM until just now (the receipt should confirm that).. I didn't mean to deride anything you have been doing. I apologize if it seemed that way.

I also thought I was contributing by mentioning what I had tried and what had not worked. If this is useless I apologize for that as well...

just a public apology.. feel free to delete if desired.
    Last edited by borghe; 05-10-2004 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borghe
    sleeper, I didn't receive your PM until just now (the receipt should confirm that).. I didn't mean to deride anything you have been doing. I apologize if it seemed that way.

I also thought I was contributing by mentioning what I had tried and what had not worked. If this is useless I apologize for that as well...

just a public apology.. feel free to delete if desired.
    I dont really know what the apology is for? I read your post and have yet to find where you "wronged" the almighty sleeper. Oh was it the not wanting part with your $1000 tivo? I dont blame you, besides none of us knew of his PM so why would he feel so wronged by you?

Sleeper its not hard to throw together a few install scripts anyone even semi proficient with a computer should be able to do it so lose the developer attitude would ya pal?

I'm betting the attitude is because HD TeAm one upped ya and your still a little upset. If you really have anything worthy of posting im sure you would have posted it already, you've never been shy before why now? try posting something worthy of your self proclaimed developer attitude ie: prom patches, tivoapp offsets etc etc........

peace

HsatcardH, you've entered enemy territory pal. You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 05-12-2004 at 08:27 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

focus people, focus. this is a dev thread...lets keep it on topic
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

in that spirit...

i did confirm that a mfstool backup and restore without the "-p" option will relocate the non-mfs partitions below the lba28 limit. getting it to boot on non-hr10-250 hardware without the 3.1.5 prom image, well, that's another story.

ronny

Heres a clue:
    The prom image on the disk is not the same as whats actually on the prom!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiros
    Heres a clue:
    The prom image on the disk is not the same as whats actually on the prom!
    So the Prom image says version 2.14, instead of the 3.1.5 in /prom/TiVoProm.bin. What is the next clue?
    Code:
    Output enabled
    Service number is 3570001********.
    What is password? *********
    Build target  = TiVo/mips/brcm/rel
    Build version = 2.14
    Ram size = 128
         reset - 
        splash - 
    color_bars - 
          help - 
         param - [ <new boot args> ]
       netboot - [ -skip ] [ -f <file> ] [ <boot string> ]
          boot - [ -skip ] [ -3 | -6 ] [ <boot string> ]
      identify - 
    What? boot

Attempting to disk load partition 6
    Kernel signed by 'Kernel release key'
    Hashing kernel... done
    Checking signature... done.
    Signed, valid for release

Adding Fixsub

I was just wondering, is it possible to get a bash prompt and run the fixsub script on the HDTivo? I currently don't have a phone line to dial out of.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chewie
    I was just wondering, is it possible to get a bash prompt and run the fixsub script on the HDTivo? I currently don't have a phone line to dial out of.

Thanks
    as evidenced by this thread, it is possible. however, there is no known software only method available. as such, the only known method is to socket the prom and flash it with a compromised image. I can tell you right now that fixsub is not on the top of the list for any tivo hacker...there are much bigger fish to fry.
    Last edited by mrblack51; 06-15-2004 at 09:41 PM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

I'm sure someone noticed this already, but since it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, the 3.1.5 source is on Tivo's website at the normal place

http://www.tivo.com/linux/

is it just me, or are others having trouble seeing the 3.1.5 source? when i go there from my work machine, the updated page (with 5.2 and 3.1.5 sources) is there, but when i go from home, it's the old page. i've cleared browser caches etc.

if i try to use the direct link to the .gz files, that fails at home as well. makes me think they're doing an akamai or something and the changes haven't propagated yet.

anyone else having issues? oh, and thardie, thanks for the tip!

ronny

Quote Originally Posted by ronnythunder
    is it just me, or are others having trouble seeing the 3.1.5 source? when i go there from my work machine, the updated page (with 5.2 and 3.1.5 sources) is there, but when i go from home, it's the old page. i've cleared browser caches etc.

if i try to use the direct link to the .gz files, that fails at home as well. makes me think they're doing an akamai or something and the changes haven't propagated yet.

anyone else having issues? oh, and thardie, thanks for the tip!
    aos and I ran into the same problem on Saturday. It doesn't look like they're using akamai for the tarballs since the links are the same on tivo.com/linux/ (non-akamaized) and www.tivo.com/linux/ (akamaized). Eventually the page with 3.1.5 reappeared; it's up there for me right now.

FWIW, they didn't really change anything interesting in the kernel from 5.x, except the board types and some plog stuff. Not sure about the other sources.