Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r14 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

TyTool 9r14 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. And there are some pretty sweet features coming in the near future. But as always it is best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

An important note!

Several of these programs require the cygwin1.dll to run. Some of the tools in the TyTool release, mpeg2enc and dvdauthor most notably, were compiled with the cygwin cross compiler. To run these require the presence of the cygwin1,.dll file. This file is huge and seems to get larger all of the time. There is no need to download a new copy of this file everytime. While it does change it is not that frequent. So please download the zip for it from here in this post or else grab it from the homepage: www.cygwin.com

Again, if you try to use the Frame Accurate Editing or DVD features of TyTool this dll is required. If you see a major popup window when trying you are missing the dll. Please unpack the DLL into the same directory as the rest of the TyTool files and executables.

--jdiner

Release: TyTool9r14 with DVD support...

TyTool 9r14 with DVD Support. The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it. VSplit has not been updated to match this release. Although an update for it is planned in the near future.

Version 9 is a major upgrade from the earlier 8 series of TyTool. It adds Frame/Field Accurate Editing (FAE) to the mix.

Please check the included docs for information about it. The release notes for 9r1 up to the current as each contains detailed informtion about the FAE editing process and other changes.

Highlights of the Fixes and Features in this Release:

42- Added the Delete code into TyTool for cleaning up an existing DVD filesets.

164- Fix the start & end cut points to check to make sure the end is "after" the start. Just a simple fix to try and keep the editing working more smoothly.

206- Make the attach vob use a new dialog with a listbox, so we can have more than 1 at a time.

235- Force a check to make sure that none of the chapters are within a section where a cut has occured. Again just try to make editing a bit more smoothly.

281- Add a help popup to GopEditor for what keys do what. Just trying to make it easier for new users.

282- Added an about with a copyright notice to TyTool. An attempt to stop people from selling it on EBay etc...

283- Add a simple help page to TyTool. (Getting started info.) Not a network-based FAQ but something local.

285- Check the font setting in the template loading code. Some where having problems. Could not reduplicate any errors.

287- Fix the "missing" entries in NowShowing. We need to get good data so that people sorting and using a way out of date NowShowing.tcl will not get crashes etc...

298- Put in a check to see if there is something in the DVD output directory. Warn/erase if there is.

308- Make a simple network test and let's see if we can drive 2 sockets faster than one... Amazingly enough no. Just trying to use the networking with no extraction and we get exactly 1/2 of full speed on each one.

316- Add an overlap detector and don't allow it. Yet another editing check to make sure that 2 cuts can't overlap.

317- Added a jpeg decoder. You can now use BMPs or JPGs as the background image for the menu. Sadly the it adds 30k to the size of TyTool but it was something that many wanted so there you go.

319- Tested the Image quality of the JPGs. Looks great. Well probably good enough for everyone but FredThompson.

324- Fix the rendering of the GopEditor when the size is really really off. Forgot to put a few things into the resize code. So they never moved.

325- Tried to fix the "locked" dir when TyTool is making an IFO. Couldn't find anything that was being left locked. So for now considering it fixed...

330- Added the multiple attach vob feature to the menu dialog. Changed the old process. You now get a new window where you can add, remove, and order the vobs.

331- Finish adding the JPEG support to loading of menu images. Oooppps. Major memory leak going on there. Fixed and running smoothly now.

335- Added the Free Space/Total Space Used display to TyTool for the local dir in use to the main TyTool interface window.

336- Add a "total size" for the VOB-list in the picker for Making an IFO. Shows how big the selected VOB files are to be able to more easily guage how much will fit. For those using dvdshrink or rejig or whatever you are on your own to figure out what boundaries are best for you.

337- Threaded the download of the NowShowing data so that it does not lock the main TyTool GUI any longer.

338- Put in an "only for so long" wait in the tserver start code. This way it will time out and not lock forever waiting for the telnet prompt...

345- Fixed the label on the call for making the DVD. It said VOB-Mux.

346- Fixed the "multiple VOBs" chaptering issues. You now get a completely seperate chapter list "-c" statment for each VOB in the final output.

347- Added the "a DVD exists here" MessageBox to the menu generation code. You can now stop the process at that point or delete and just keep right on going.

349- Fix the bytes vs. kbytes issue in the NowShowing download report. This was just a bad label but it has still been fixed.

350- Put a text element on the TyTool GUI for the free drive space. Used to be a menu option, but now it is on the GUI all the time.

357- Fix the cleanup delete code to only delete certain files not wildcard everything "just in case". Really did not want to wipe out files that were wanted.

From the TyTool9r13 a-c releases:

The ability to start and stop the server from within TyTool. With better support for setting the prompt within TyTool.

I have not yet gotten around to looking at the currently bad TyStreams from a few users. That was next on the list but I wanted to get these new fixes released before it went on any longer.

--jdiner

The TyTool/Vsplit unix tools...

These aren't here yet. Just a place hold for future releases.

--jdiner

woohoo!!! first user post - again!!

sez it all

319 - phfbfbfbfhththththtttt!!!!
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

One thought as people get ready to re-download things....

Most of the settings you make in TyTool that get kept are in the TyTool.ini file. If you keep this file from installation to installation rather than over-writing it you DO NOT have to keep reseting your settings each time.

If you install into the same directory then you have to manually have a copy elsewhere. If you put it into a new directory each time, i.e. one that reflects the version number, then just copy the file around.

TyTool is smart enough to fill in any missing config options and they will be present after the first run of the new version with whatever new settings you have selected.

--jdiner

I really like the Extra VOB feature. This makes the "no menu" option unnecessary; for me at least. I did find that if there is a ";" in the VOB title, the IFO creation step will not include that item. I don't know if other special characters have that effect. Obviously the work around is quite simple.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog68
    I really like the Extra VOB feature. This makes the "no menu" option unnecessary; for me at least. I did find that if there is a ";" in the VOB title, the IFO creation step will not include that item. I don't know if other special characters have that effect. Obviously the work around is quite simple.
    What part are you considering the VOB title? The ; character is no supposed to be a legal file name character. Oh man. It was a bit to late obviously is it the ":" character that should be used as the seperator and I used ";". I will have to fix that.

--jdiner

Alright that is fixed. I will wait on the release to see what else bubbles to the surface before making the next release.

--jdiner

Dreaded Temporal reference errors in rel 9 w/ DVDMaestro

I've only tried 9r13 and 9r14, but in both I get the dreaded

"Temporal References in GOP #0 are out of sequence"

error when importing into DVDMaestro. If I use 8r4 to download the same show, it'll work every time just fine.

Is this a known thing in 9 and I should just continue to use release 8???

tytool.ini was copied from release 8
    ADDR:192.168.2.11
    LOCALIP:192.168.2.51
    LDIR:F:\tivo\ToProcess
    DVDDIR:J:\VOUT
    OUTDIR:F:\tivo\ToProcess\
    MODE:VSPLIT
    NET:NEW
    MUX:STD
    ULEAD:OFF
    PATCHAUDIO:ON
    GOPPOPUP:OFF
    TRANSCODE:0

Multiplex errors

With 9r14 I'm getting "We need to do some rebuilding here!" when I multiplex (using both the old and the new method). The resulting mpg crashes Nero Showtime (not at a cut) and has no video in WMP9 (has audio and doesn't crash, just get a black screen though). Went back to 9r13a and everything works fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by bmm64
    I've only tried 9r13 and 9r14, but in both I get the dreaded

"Temporal References in GOP #0 are out of sequence"

error when importing into DVDMaestro. If I use 8r4 to download the same show, it'll work every time just fine.

Is this a known thing in 9 and I should just continue to use release 8???

tytool.ini was copied from release 8
    ADDR:192.168.2.11
    LOCALIP:192.168.2.51
    LDIR:F:\tivo\ToProcess
    DVDDIR:J:\VOUT
    OUTDIR:F:\tivo\ToProcess\
    MODE:VSPLIT
    NET:NEW
    MUX:STD
    ULEAD:OFF
    PATCHAUDIO:ON
    GOPPOPUP:OFF
    TRANSCODE:0
    It isn't designed to work with Maestro. Never has been. If you had it working before you were just getting lucky. Continueing to use 8 might improve your chances and it might not.

Look at the menu creation stuff bundled into TyTool. It will always work without the need to mess around with changing resolutions and other things needed to get maestro to work.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawPro
    With 9r14 I'm getting "We need to do some rebuilding here!" when I multiplex (using both the old and the new method). The resulting mpg crashes Nero Showtime (not at a cut) and has no video in WMP9 (has audio and doesn't crash, just get a black screen though). Went back to 9r13a and everything works fine again.
    Oh crap!

That can only happen in the new muxer code as that is where the check is but will happen in both MPG and VOB modes.

It was a half done change/fix/alteration. I thought I had pulled it out but in looking at the code again just now the answer is no it isn't fixed.

Can you cut a small segment that shows that error? part of why it was not done is that I could not find a way to make it happen here. It is just how data lines up...

If I can get one that shows it then I can hopefully get things working better with some of the other players out there.

--jdiner

Sure, I'll try to get something for you to download tonight. Do you need something with just the errors in creating or something up to when it crashes Nero Showtime?

PS. You are right, only happens with the new muxer. I must have inadvertently selected it again when I thought I was picking the old way during my tests.
    Last edited by OutlawPro; 04-24-2004 at 09:03 PM.

PS. You are right, only happens with the new muxer. I must have inadvertently selected it again when I thought I was picking the old way during my tests.
    Hmm...actually. If you start muxing the file with the new muxer, hit "Abort", and then try to mux with the old muxer, you get the same errors. The only way for the old muxer to work is to restart TyTool and use the old muxer first. Maybe there is some flag that is not getting reset when you abort, so it tries to use the new muxer the second time even if you select the old muxer?

Hmm...actually. If you start muxing the file with the new muxer, hit "Abort", and then try to mux with the old muxer, you get the same errors. The only way for the old muxer to work is to restart TyTool and use the old muxer first. Maybe there is some flag that is not getting reset when you abort, so it tries to use the new muxer the second time even if you select the old muxer?
    Quote probably. It was never designed to be used as it is in there now. It was supposed to be an option. My best guess is that I am not reseting the flag when you try to switch back. It should... I guess I just never got that far.

--jdiner