Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r14 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by jmhddbf
    Where in TivoWeb? I did a search and couldn't find it. I'm talking about the resolution... "aspect ratio." Not the quality of the video (bitrate). That, I know you can use TiVoWeb to change.

Someone else said the tivo records in the standard 4x3 format... Coudl there be a problem with the TyTool settings that's making it extract video squared at 3x3?
    The same TW screen which lets you change bitrate also lets you change resolution, but it's not supported by all TiVos and all software versions. Res 0 is the highest.

TyTool extracts the video Tivo has recorded; it does not change the video data in any way. 480 x 480 is 4:3. It's also 16:9. It's the shape of the pixels which changes on output - nothing to do with the recorded video data.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

We need to do some rebuilding here! messages

Josh

I have seen this mentioned before but not an answer. TyTool 9r13c works fine for me but using the same procedure (get, make key file, edit key file, Multiplex (New type 2)) causes loads of "We need to do some rebuilding here!" messages and the resulting mpg is corrupted. The same messages and corruption occur for the old Multiplex option as well in 9r14. This happens on all programs I try, on both my TiVos.

UK TiVo 2.5.5
    Win2k Pro on AMD Thunderbird 1400 or WinXP Pro on AMD XP3200+

I have tried both 9r13c and 9r14 on the same file from the same TiVo, works fine in 13c but corruptions in 14.

If I can provide any more info, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mike0151
    I have seen this mentioned before but not an answer.

Multiplex (New type 2))
    That's output form is busted. Use Vob-MUX.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Hi, I'm having trouble with the frame editor.

If I use the FAE to set frame cut points, then one of two things happens:

- If I use the old VOB-muxer, it uses an enormous amount of memory and never actually writes anything to the .VOB file. When I watch Task Manager, the memory usage goes continually upwards while it's mux'ing, and the extra memory isn't released until the program is closed.

- If I use the new VOB-muxer, there's no memory problem, and it creates the .VOB file, but there's no sound in the file. If I use "movieidw.exe" to show the details of the .VOB file, it says it's "video only". If I try to play the VOB file with PowerDVD, there's no audio and it shows "Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 - 0 Kbps".

If I use only the GOP editor, everything works perfectly. The problem only occurs if I set one or more frame cut points.

I'm using TyTool 9r14 with cygwin1.dll (dated Feb. 18, 2004).

One thing to note about my usage is that this is a series 1 SA Tivo from the US, but I'm using it in Australia with PAL video. I'm not using the original NTSC tuner, only the AV input.

I'd be happy to post samples of anything you'd like to see. Thanks!

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    That's output form is busted. Use Vob-MUX.

Thanks for that - I didn't think of trying it as I don't use TyTool for DVDs.

Yup, and worse, once you pick the new format, it seems like it gets "stuck", so that you have to restart the TyTool to pick the original mux operation. But just stick with that and you are fine.

BTW, JDINER, any chance you could make a template entry/config on the ISO/Menu creation to change the FONT color? White is invisible on a lot of BMP's that I'm using.

I also noticed that if you change the directory output option in the "create ISO", it doesn't seem to pick up/recognize the change unless you do another "set item". Basically, if I set everything up, and the output directory was pointing to an already existing location, I get the "already exist" error/dialog. Just changing the directory at that point, you keep getting the error until you click on one of the set items, and then the new output directory seems to get picked up. No big deal.

Thanks for all your work on this,

-JM

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain
    Yup, and worse, once you pick the new format, it seems like it gets "stuck", so that you have to restart the TyTool to pick the original mux operation. But just stick with that and you are fine.
    It's called a bug. Believe it or not I don't always have as much time for working on things as I would like.

--jdiner

Question on using GOP

I want to preface this by saying the only type of cut program I've used is tystudio, so everything I assume I should be seeing is because I see it in tystudio.

I'm having trouble cutting with GOPEditor. There's what happens. I load the key file and it seems to load just fine. I see the show that I want to cut. Now the first part of what comes up, I want to cut, because at this point the movie hasn't started. So I click "Add". But nothing happens. I would assume I should see something in the cut list, but don't. All I get it a computer beep, like it's telling me I'm doing an illegal operation. Is there a good step by step on how to use this program? Thanks
    HR10-250 (50 Hours HD)
    SAT-T60 (105 Hours), Turbonet

Because you haven't defined a start or end point to your cut if all you are doing is loading a key file and then clicking the "Add" button.

Ahhhh....Got it. Thanks....
    HR10-250 (50 Hours HD)
    SAT-T60 (105 Hours), Turbonet

35 Tytool and Chapters/DVD Burning

I am having trouble getting Tytool 9r14 to pickup the .chp file for my chapters.

I choose chapters in the creation process, but the DVD comes out with only one chapter.

I have tried various naming formats for the .chp file-- the default name of name.ty.vob.chp, which tytool creates, name.vob.chp, name.chp, but none of them seem to work. I always make sure that the name matches the .vob file.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for all of the wonderful development on this program!

Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    I am having trouble getting Tytool 9r14 to pickup the .chp file for my chapters.

I choose chapters in the creation process, but the DVD comes out with only one chapter.

I have tried various naming formats for the .chp file-- the default name of name.ty.vob.chp, which tytool creates, name.vob.chp, name.chp, but none of them seem to work. I always make sure that the name matches the .vob file.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for all of the wonderful development on this program!
    Most likely has something to do with changing the "Output Directory" at the wrong time. YMMV, but I would say put everything (including executables and .TYs) in the same directory and make that your Output Directory as well. Then try it to see if it works properly. I think, but I am having trouble remembering for sure, that you need to set the Output Directory at the start of the session before Editing the KEY file. But the way I outlined first should work for a start until you can track it down for sure.

ew

Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie

Why are you renaming it at all. It is created by TyTool with the 1 name that is needed and that is then used later in the automated processed with TyTool.

It should be, and has for some time been, made in the proper destination. I have found 1 recent problem. With all of the recent changes for the key files people were not removing old key files and were making new key files. They stepped up in names like everything else -1, -2, -3, and so on. When you make a cut file you get it with that name: -1.ty.cut, -2.ty.cut and so on.

However since the name of the .cut file has to start the same as the name of the .ty file and it does not in this way people were running into problems.

But this has nothing to do with the .chp file. Nothing in there is manually editable. It will be created by TyTool and then later used. You should leave it alone.

--jdiner

Is there a Mac ver.

Hi I've been using the tytools set on my pc and love it! My girl friend wants to be able to use tytools too, but she is on a Mac running OSX is there a version new or old that she could use? or is she just out of luck?. Thanks for the help

Where can i download just vsplit.exe?

Where can i download just vsplit.exe?