Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: UTV Image Begging

That would be awesome. very useful thing to have if anyone can pull it off. The 3.7 image probably won't work to repair HDs after next week.

I got my 2 utvs and 1 spare upgraded to 3.8. I have winhex and some usb2 enclosures.

Does anyone know if you can pull the ide cable on an up and running system and use the ide cable from a usb enclosure to capture the image? I know winhex will work with ide drives, but I've never hooked up to something live.

Also, I understand there are 2 areas for the update. How can you tell which one is the one you want.

And do I need to put in an access card, and do I need to activate it (with refresh services) before the disk is unlocked, or is it unlocked with just the card?

I don't want to mess with an ide cable to a motherboard, but I'd try to get the 3.8 image if I knew this would work as I have an unused usb2 enclosure, and I'd also need the precise values to enter into winhex.

Here is v3.8
    http://download.yousendit.com/D2FF1F803B621989
    link good for 7 days.
    Then Kazak can post it again

Thanks to midnightraver for uploading the torrent.

could some one repost new torrent

Quote Originally Posted by satchmoe View Post
    could some one repost new torrent
    3.8 Good for 7 days
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Hello,
    My UTV HD died, and although I have a new one installed, it can't seem to contact MSN anymore.
    Can you please repost the image?

Upgrading HDD

I spent 2 weeks with the DVR in the garage connected directly and exclusively to the (second) phone line trying to get MSN to complete updating a new hard drive to 3.7. It never got near part 297 of 297 before disconnecting, and when reconnected to MSN would not resume downloading. What finally worked: I set up the DVR to telephone through my ISP's dialup. Got the whole thing at one shot that way. I guess the MSN server disconnects a lot and doesn't resume when reconnected. I pay for dialup backup for my DSL service; I didn't find a way to use DSL for this function.

Let me know if you need more specific instructions. You'll find the settings under "telephone options". Be sure to reset to normal settings after the update has been installed.

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum - couldn't find a better place.

Wow...things that stay alive on the net.
    Me included. Anyone else still alive?

still kicking here as well, UTV still going also!
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

Wow!
    Let me know if you want a couple more.

still have 1 spare myself
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

Quote Originally Posted by rocket777 View Post
    I got my 2 utvs and 1 spare upgraded to 3.8. I have winhex and some usb2 enclosures.

Does anyone know if you can pull the ide cable on an up and running system and use the ide cable from a usb enclosure to capture the image? I know winhex will work with ide drives, but I've never hooked up to something live.

Also, I understand there are 2 areas for the update. How can you tell which one is the one you want.

And do I need to put in an access card, and do I need to activate it (with refresh services) before the disk is unlocked, or is it unlocked with just the card?

I don't want to mess with an ide cable to a motherboard, but I'd try to get the 3.8 image if I knew this would work as I have an unused usb2 enclosure, and I'd also need the precise values to enter into winhex.
    Does anyone know if this will work? I need to reimage two units and my old Dell only has one IDE HD. I'd rather not remove my primary and have to make a boot disk to try this. The USB enclosure route would be much more convenient.

hi i just found this forum. im still using my rca utv. it needed a new hd in 2009. been fllawless again since. a 750g hd was available from weaknees. i dont if the whole drive is filled but it now says it holds up to 110 hrs. however theres more than 300 shows on there mosstly hour long. many sporting events too. dan