Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: vserver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    41

    vserver

    Is there a link in one of the threads here to the latest vserver file? I've done a search, but couldn't find it.

    Googleing it brings up a ton of different versions... which one is the best to use with TyShow? (On a standalone tivo, and tx to winxp)
    Tiocfaidh ár Lá!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhddbf
    I've done a search, but couldn't find it.
    A) Don't post the same question twice, especially not within 1 day of each other.

    B) what did you search for? A search for vserver tyshow (make sure you have selected "show results as POSTS" in the advanced search page..) would have given you many hits. The 5th one on the list links to a thread titled "How to find FSID using Tivoweb?", and while that may seem like an unrelated topic.... the title of the message is "Once again, you need VSERVER, NOT TSERVER....", and a few messages down from that in that post, you'll find your answer.

    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...how#post163669

    hint, it's on sourceforge, and it's called vstream on that page instead of vserver, but vserver is in the tar.gz...
    Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull
    A) Don't post the same question twice, especially not within 1 day of each other.
    A) Wasn't sure if I had the first one in the right forum. Was trying to ask it in the right area. Sorry if it offended you.

    Quote Originally Posted by drnull
    would have given you many hits
    Exactly. Too many hits to read them all for what would seem like the answer to a simple question. Especially when, as you found, it was buried deep within a thread.

    May I suggest adding the file to the "All Files" thread? (Where the other files are listed and easy to get at.) Seems like an obvious thing to do...

    Quote Originally Posted by drnull
    hint, it's on sourceforge, and it's called vstream on that page instead of vserver, but vserver is in the tar.gz...
    Still being a newb... I'd never have known that.

    Thanks for you help, though... I appreciate it!
    Tiocfaidh ár Lá!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhddbf
    A) Wasn't sure if I had the first one in the right forum. Was trying to ask it in the right area. Sorry if it offended you.
    No, not offended, it's just that you didn't give it very much time to be answered.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmhddbf
    Exactly. Too many hits to read them all for what would seem like the answer to a simple question. Especially when, as you found, it was buried deep within a thread.

    May I suggest adding the file to the "All Files" thread? (Where the other files are listed and easy to get at.) Seems like an obvious thing to do...
    Ahh, yes, but I *did* find it, in less than 5 minutes of searching. :-)

    All the same, it would be nice for it to be easier to find. Good point.


    I wasn't trying to be harsh. I was just giving you tips as to how to find the answers yourself next time. This forum has loads of info, and it's terribly hard to find it. But that's the nature of the beast. There are many stream-of-consience type threads that contain valuable information, but you have to sift to find it. Occasionally, searching for the right keywords with view as posts selected helps you in that area. I really wasn't trying to be cruel.... Well, maybe a bit... But at least I was helpful at the same time. :-) Some people wouldn't have posted the link to the thread....
    Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •